Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM  (Read 265363 times)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
Re: New-TFM
« Reply #516 on: July 31, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »

It wont hurt FlyinH, you got three different 109 Pits to choose from. Just go to the Pit Section here at SAS and do some widow shopping, lol
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

lyteyr

« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »

Good evening,

This is a message I received when extracting NTFM-17 using WINRAR.  Anyone know what it means?  I closed the error screen and continued extracting.  How can I tell if all the items were successfully extracted to JSGMEMODS folder?  Sorry I could not print the screen, will copying suffice?

!   C:\Desktop\#DBW-NewTFM-17.rar: Cannot create #DBW-NewTFM-17\#DBW\Wflyr_NEW_Armor_Cars_Flaktower\3do\Buildings\Furniture\BF_109_MOTOR\1-Bf-109E-8.JG2-replacing-Daimler-Benz-601-engine-Octeville-France-1940-01.jpg

Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Thanks in advance,
lyteyr

Kaoclya

• FAA Licensed Private Pilot
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2013, 06:46:00 PM »

Good evening,

This is a message I received when extracting NTFM-17 using WINRAR.  Anyone know what it means?  I closed the error screen and continued extracting.  How can I tell if all the items were successfully extracted to JSGMEMODS folder?  Sorry I could not print the screen, will copying suffice?

!   C:\Desktop\#DBW-NewTFM-17.rar: Cannot create #DBW-NewTFM-17\#DBW\Wflyr_NEW_Armor_Cars_Flaktower\3do\Buildings\Furniture\BF_109_MOTOR\1-Bf-109E-8.JG2-replacing-Daimler-Benz-601-engine-Octeville-France-1940-01.jpg

Total path and file name length must not exceed 260 characters
    The system cannot find the path specified.

Thanks in advance,
lyteyr

If "#DBW-NewTFM-17" in in the JSGME folder and it lets you enable it then you should be fine. I did not get that message myself but I do always have issues with winrar and I am able to continue and use the content.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #519 on: August 02, 2013, 03:03:39 AM »

ehm, try to not use an "extract to..." path but simply copy the rar into a temp folder and then use "unzip here" and copy the file later on; this has always worked for me so far :)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #520 on: August 02, 2013, 03:26:08 AM »

ehm, try to not use an "extract to..." path but simply copy the rar into a temp folder and then use "unzip here" and copy the file later on; this has always worked for me so far :)

I agree, never trust RAR's and especially installers.  De-compress it somewhere clear and empty then drag and drop the contents into place.  That way you learn the file structure and can check the contents.  I have a '00-DUMP' Folder where everything goes first, like a waiting room.

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #521 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »

After a few false starts TFM is installed & working...GREAT STUFF! ;)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #522 on: August 02, 2013, 03:48:06 PM »

great to hear Dietz that you are montied up now as well :)

btw Simon, I noticed a small glitch today when adding some more aircraft: the czk_Typhoon Ib is missing a few loadout options;
those are included in the readme that comes with it, but they did not find their way into the weapons.ru, at least not on my install, which has TFM as a base;
it´s just a copy and paste job, maybe something for the first page to add :)

cheers
phil

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #523 on: August 02, 2013, 10:16:36 PM »

great to hear Dietz that you are montied up now as well :)

btw Simon, I noticed a small glitch today when adding some more aircraft: the czk_Typhoon Ib is missing a few loadout options;
those are included in the readme that comes with it, but they did not find their way into the weapons.ru, at least not on my install, which has TFM as a base;
it´s just a copy and paste job, maybe something for the first page to add :)

cheers
phil

Thanks phil, much appreciated, will get a patch up or include the fix in New-TFM35, which adds Max's objects, carrier crew to the Boxer and Valley Forge, plus a few tweaks.

rkalhorn109

« Reply #524 on: August 02, 2013, 11:16:31 PM »

This evening I noticed that one of the P-51D's in New-TFM will not allow you to shut off the engine after landing.  I've tried hitting the I key and switching off the magnetos.  No effect either way.

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2013, 02:11:23 AM »

good morning guys!

@rkahlhorn: which of the D-model Ponies shows this behaviour? I tested all of the D models yesterday (only in flight though) because I installed new pits for them plus the P-82 but none of them showed a weird behaviour in any form...(canopies open, gears extend, blue flames show up etc. :) )

@Simon: cool to hear you add some more content; as you are adding the carrier crews to the Happy Valley and the Boxer, how about adding some new ships in the process too;
the US Pacific fleet could need some more battlewagons, the Iowa, the Colorado and the Tennessee maybe; and as we have the Enterprise and her sisters in game now, how about also adding the reworked Lady Lex?
I added them all yesterday and they look great in formation and in game, but maybe for some guys it is a little bit over the top to add those ships as it is a little bit more complicated than adding a new aircraft....

and while we are speaking about aircraft-I also noticed that the D-30/40 and the N model Jugs are not included in the new TFM; I did not realize this until yesterday when I wanted to test something using the N Jug :)

oh and those beautiful Griffon Seafires to go along with the nice new RN Carriers ..... :D I am just drooling

just some ideas though;
cheers
phil

rkalhorn109

« Reply #526 on: August 03, 2013, 06:57:11 AM »

@rkahlhorn: which of the D-model Ponies shows this behaviour? I tested all of the D models yesterday (only in flight though) because I installed new pits for them plus the P-82 but none of them showed a weird behaviour in any form...(canopies open, gears extend, blue flames show up etc. :) )

I've experienced this problem on two separate occasions in the P-51D-30NA.  :-X

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #527 on: August 03, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »

SAS-Monty71
Not sure how universal this apparent glitch is:inthe Killer in the Dark offline campaign there are missions against Brit Bombers including the Wellington;in my one try to get back into this campaign the "new & improved Wellington "( in the#24 package , I think) was not recognized & the little inserted note telling me so would not go away no matter what i tried .It even stayed when I went to a single mission elsewhere. I did not try to re-do the KitD mission with the older very of the Wimpy, because the new version is better visually to me.Any ideas? All of these great newTFM mods have been put into a fresh install so I'm more or less sure there are no prior mods interacting here.
BTW in my last version of DBW I could never quite get the "new & improved Lancaster" but it does now with no problems & it really is beautiful! to work!

p.s. Just tried the Mini Map mod that i really have enjoyed over the years that does away with the leather surround & gives 4 different versions of the map,& it causes a CTD going to mission.Is there a version that works?-Thanks! :-\
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 86   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 27 queries.