Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM  (Read 265640 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: New-TFM
« Reply #432 on: July 20, 2013, 11:15:22 PM »

wargod: TFM#10 contains some new addon aircraft plus new stationary aircraft which require some new ini files;
I checked the rar and everything is in place where it should be!
a 70% crash relates to a missing object or a missing entry for an object in one of the ini files contained in the com folder within the STD folder;
have you tried adding and applying some more packs? maybe if have added some more stuff and the appropriate ini files, your problem settles itself :)
when I installed the whole pack, I added all packs then available and they worked right out of the box...

tmansteve

« Reply #433 on: July 21, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »

The work here is just fantastic. Thanks ever so much.

Cheers

Steve

gixxerthou04

• Tickner Design Studio
« Reply #434 on: July 21, 2013, 05:13:44 PM »

Well, after 10 separate attempts with no success, I give up. >:( The ridiculous installation process is simply far too complicated and I have lost my patience. I apologize for my tone but, as you can imagine, I'm very frustrated. Oh, how I wish I could just simply purchase the game and have the visual quality I have witnessed in some of the screen shots and videos I've seen. Dear God, they look incredible. :(

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #435 on: July 21, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »

Well gixxer, out of all the people who play IL2, I guess your the one exception, maybe  Pokémon  might be more your speed

Here a link for you so you dont get lost  http://www.pokemon.com/us/
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

gixxerthou04

• Tickner Design Studio
« Reply #436 on: July 21, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »

Well gixxer, out of all the people who play IL2, I guess your the one exception, maybe  Pokémon  might be more your speed

Here a link for you so you dont get lost  http://www.pokemon.com/us/

Real cute. Maybe more detailed instructions might help.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #437 on: July 21, 2013, 05:36:25 PM »

I dont know how simpler it can be with out someone coming to your house and doing it for you.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

nikmaving

« Reply #438 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:45 PM »

bravo. if he can't copy the #dbw folders on top of each other,then i guess if anybody went round and pressed the doorbell,i'm fairly sure he might turn the alarm clock off instead of answering the door.
 the install instructions couldn't be any easier.
1.unzip all NTFM files.
2.rename or delete #DBW folder that's in your main game folder.(it's probably empty if your struggling installing this)
3.create a new folder.
4.open each unzipped folder and copy all the #DBW and paint schemes folders and the SFS files that are inside INTO THE NEW FOLDER,overwriting each time.
6.move the #DBW and PAINT SCHEMES and SFS files OUT of the new folder and put them all in THE MAIN GAME FOLDER.overwrite everything if asked.
7.give your head a wobble for not properly reading and understanding the very simple instructions.
8.if it doesn't work,get that PS1 out of the cupboard and play that instead. :)

wargod

« Reply #439 on: July 21, 2013, 08:32:22 PM »

Okay still having problems. I deactivated all mods then Reactivated them one at a time Testing after each one And I'm still getting a 70% CTD even after activating up to number 13. I even tried skipping number 10 but still got the 70%. Now I'm going to try a total reinstall see if that works.

nikmaving

« Reply #440 on: July 21, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »

it would be easier to change to the standard default game using the il2 selector.if it loads ok,delete your #DBW folder,then install the clean #DBW folder,then copy all unzipped NTFM #DBW folders to main game folder and overwrite them when asked. make sure you haven't got #DBW folder inside a #DBW folder. each folder MUST overwrite the previous folder.
if it wont start up the standard default game,then reinstall. hope this helps

wargod

« Reply #441 on: July 21, 2013, 09:08:55 PM »

Oh everything helps. standard game works, DBW works, TFM works right up to # 10. something must be wrong with that installation so I'm gonna try a new one and see if that works. should I update the buttons or anything before loading the monty files? and I can still use the skin files too right?

wargod

« Reply #442 on: July 21, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »

I think I found my problem. #9 was loading in to the main game folder as #DBW-NewTFM-09 and not into the DBW folder so it wasn't overwriting the previous DBW folder. Some bug with jsgme I suppose. I just did what nikmaving said and no more 70% CTD. Here I come #33.

DD_BadAim

« Reply #443 on: July 22, 2013, 06:57:18 AM »

Mine is doing the same thing at #6! I guess that's what we get for being cautious. :P I shall throw caution to the wind and just slam them all in the folder with wild abandon SAS style. I'm sure that will work.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 86   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.