Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM  (Read 265723 times)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
Re: New-TFM
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2013, 07:38:46 AM »

Hi Guys,

I'd like to trim down some HD space and use this new TFM - is it ok to delete my existing DBW folder which is over 12GB and replace it with the new DBW slimmed down folder from here then add the new TFM via JSGME? Also I have a nice neat air.ini at present I take it this will be no good with this new pack?

Just checking before I take the plunge !!
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

vegetarian

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2013, 07:59:51 AM »

Simon, does the New-TFM include the HD skin mods?

Smilinjack

« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »

Simon,
V4.12 now has the SAS Modact-4.  I just setup a new install patched to 4.12 with the SAS Modact and Flyables.  DBW+New-TFM is the best for WWII-Korea content right now, and V4.12 SAS Modact-4 is the future for me, the Jetwar era and beyond!

Interesting. I'm contemplating a second install and debating either UP3.1 (4.11.1 based) or a 4.12 installation with SAS Modact-4. I fly off-line and I'm interested in the future of Jetwar.
Do you feel that the best installation for Jetwar would be 4.12/SAS Modact-4? Is (will) Jetwar be compatible with V4.12?
Thanks,
Smilinjack

rollnloop

« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2013, 08:33:39 AM »

Thanks for update Monty, i'll be patient  8)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2013, 08:35:10 AM »

Simon, does the New-TFM include the HD skin mods?

Yep, 24Bit Skins mod is in #DBW-NewTFM-24.  8)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2013, 08:36:35 AM »

Thanks for update Monty, i'll be patient  8)

Actually rollnloop, just had a good night flying and testing, so you won't have to be very patient!   ;D ;D ;D

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:25 AM »

Hi Guys,

I'd like to trim down some HD space and use this new TFM - is it ok to delete my existing DBW folder which is over 12GB and replace it with the new DBW slimmed down folder from here then add the new TFM via JSGME? Also I have a nice neat air.ini at present I take it this will be no good with this new pack?

Just checking before I take the plunge !!

New-TFM is a LOT smaller for performance reasons, but still manages to contain a great deal.  For now you could easily, and safely, disable or rename your current #DBW folder.  Then take the new vanilla one and unzip the modpacks straight into it, in sequence and overwriting when prompted.  This will be a quick process with the much smaller packs and allow you to test either setup without any dramas.  ;D

ol' Navy

« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2013, 08:46:30 AM »

Well, here I am again, embarrassed as usual, having to ask my stupid questions.  To use this new TFM, I first copy those four files you mentioned in your first post into my main game folder, then I need to deactivate those twenty mods from your first TFM, then copy these new ones into jsgme, then replace my "old" DBW folder with the one you provided (but first put a - sign in front of the old one?  In that order?  Do I need to deactivate all the mods in jsgme before I activate these?  I admit I'm embarrassed, but I'm gonna be 71 in September and now I'm being treated for cancer, so I guess I have a couple of excuses for being not very smart. ;)  Thank you guys again for any help you will provide, and for putting up with me.

Bob please, we are a community, we enjoy this stuff and sharing it with you and each other is the whole point.  I'm really pleased we share an interest and all SAS members are the best examples of that community spirit.  ;D

You have the main points exactly right, to summarise:

1-Deactivate all previous Monty mods (anything with Monty in the name) and move them out of JSGMEMODS folder.
2-Put the New-TFM packs into JSGMEMODS.
3-Deactivate your current #DBW folder with a (-) or rename it.
4-Replace your #DBW folder with the clean download.
5-Activate each New-TFM pack in sequence.

This last step is MUCH faster than before and the downloads are all pretty small.  ;D

I hope this helps and we all want to know when you get back here with your report!   8)

Yep that is what I did.  I am in the process of activating the mods now.  I'll let you know how everything turns out.  One kicker - my game folders are on my E drive (storage and games) and I think it is fixing to crap out.  I have Windows 8 Pro on an SSD so I don't run it from there.  Now I am trying to back everything up to an external drive while I can.  Far as cancer, yes, that is what it is.  I'm gonna have to go through this stuff for the next year.  Whoop de doo!  Appreciate you asking.  Thanks.

vegetarian

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »

Yep, 24Bit Skins mod is in #DBW-NewTFM-24.  8)

Just that I noticed the game appears to be using the original il2_core.dll files, not the HD Texture DLLs (il2_core.dll and il2_corep4.dll) by carsmaster. Or am I confused how the mod works, which is probably the case  ???

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:12 AM »

Vegetarian, now that you post that, I had the same problem in my original TFM installation-only after installing the HD Skins mod AND the Light in Il2 mod with their respective dll files did both mods work, and my Reppu and Meteor turned from a girly pink into their full camouflaged splendor :)

I cannot say anything in this regard about the new TFM as I will have time to fiddle with the new TFM only tomorrow when I have a day off :)

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2013, 12:11:31 PM »

cheers monty will get onto it tomorrow - I hadnt seen your reply to bob which explains it all
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600Mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

RDDR Hangar19

• Modder
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »

Hey Simon, I think everyone likes it.  ;) ;) ;)

No kidding, it sure has been a lot of fun as well as a lot of chuckles.....
  Hey guys, Simon loved those V1 attacks .....Lots of fun, except for the Mosquito's he wrote into the end of the mission. :'
  There had to be retribution ;)

RDDR
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 86   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 25 queries.