Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 86   Go Down

Author Topic: New-TFM  (Read 265639 times)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
Re: New-TFM
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2013, 05:41:11 PM »

yeah Bravo you are right, but over the years of modding IL2 I have learned that prewarned is prearmed and better to know of certain possible "problems" in advance than to kill a whole install after adding certain stuff...

:D I see myself already using up more time modding and tweaking to get that perfect install than actually flying the created beast then....

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »

yeah Bravo you are right, but over the years of modding IL2 I have learned that prewarned is prearmed and better to know of certain possible "problems" in advance than to kill a whole install after adding certain stuff...

:D I see myself already using up more time modding and tweaking to get that perfect install than actually flying the created beast then....

That's the danger!  ;D ;D ;D Happily I spent yesterday afternoon on FMB, making missions and flying, as nature intended!

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:51 PM »

Thanks Monty for this New Full Monty! Looking forward to see if it will cure the FPS problems I had when 4-engine bombers would spawn, either in QMB or Boelcke's Defense of the Reich, when using the full-blown original Monty (well, Monty 1 - 21, in my case).

However, I am a total dunce when it comes to some aspects of the install. I understand starting with the clean DBW and the installation of the Monty folders. Where do I place the Claymore and Tiger .sfs files?

Regards,
Scott

Correcto!  It did for me.  I fly Boelcke's Dgen campaigns all the time and started to get slowdowns in some of those fantastically busy missions.  That was the main driving factor to focus New-TFM on WWII-Korea and trim off the fat.  It worked!  Now I have an install for Poltava's SCW as well and another for Jetwar, a setup that Hoss recommended months ago.  :-[

BTW - Tiger's and Claymore's SFS files live in your main Il2 folder, where the .exe is.  If you flew TFM original then you already have them in place.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »

I guess my point is, if one will patiently install each pack one at a time and verify it installed 100% successfully that one will have full joy at the end.

I installed mine the direct method, (not using jsgme), and even installed the new pack's on top of my install, and my game starts flawlessly.

And guy's, I do want to apologize for my arrogance, I meant no harm and do wish ALL to have a flawless Game!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 06:29:35 PM »

I guess my point is, if one will patiently install each pack one at a time and verify it installed 100% successfully that one will have full joy at the end.

I installed mine the direct method, (not using jsgme), and even installed the new pack's on top of my install, and my game starts flawlessly.

And guy's, I do want to apologize for my arrogance, I meant no harm and do wish ALL to have a flawless Game!

hahaha - I love that avatar! Totally suitable! You don't have an arrogant bone in your body my friend.  Logic is all you espouse, we are champions of critical thinking!  8)

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 06:33:21 PM »

thats the same way I have installed both, the old TFM and the new one in a plain vanilla DBW 1.71;
the trouble was that I did not have widescreen support natively in the old TFM (that was easy to add) plus I added a few Freddy pits and other small mods;
then I found out that the new cowlings mod did not work, because Tigers mod with the old engine meshes was loaded before the new cowlings, remming them out for several aircraft I often fly;
so I tweaked that one;
when adding the new A7M Reppu, she showed up pink (nice for ladies, bad for WW2 fighter aircraft) and only after reinstalling the HD skins mod AND carsmasterĀ“s light in IL2 mod did the HD skins work and my Reppu was lizard green as she should have been from the start :)

my point is that with these large all in one packs, some aspects might not work as intended and may need additional tweaking and tuning, and thatĀ“s what I wanted to do - help new users to get the full joy out of a great idea and a great realization of that idea :)

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »

Our point is that experienced modders and tweakers can take this stuff and play around, but we worked very hard to create a commom expanded install for ALL campaign builders and ALL players alike, regardless of modding familiarity, to use a common platform.

After all :

Il2-1946 Unmodded             - works perfectly
added to that DBW 1.71        - works perfectly
added to that New-TFM        - works perfectly

In addition, these packs are small, each one acts as a fractional backup.  New mods can be tested by making your own reversible packs.  The challenge is to keep to the structure so we can share our setups and ideas with anyone.  Plug in the next pack, more stuff added, deactivate, back to the previous level.  I would not work in any other way personally.

;D

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2013, 06:55:17 PM »

+1 Simon :D

This is my working HOLYGRAIL jsgmemods Folder, the second is my "New TFM" Folder, but this is just me!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2013, 07:00:44 PM »

I just did the 'Bravo' install with Poltava's SCW.  Unzipped it straight into a FRESH #DBW folder and bingo!  It works perfectly, I knew it would, because I trust Poltava and he has everything covered so I would not mess with it.   ;D

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 07:05:54 PM »

+1 Simon :D

This is my working HOLYGRAIL jsgmemods Folder, the second is my "New TFM" Folder, but this is just me!
Holy Toledo!  You are the 'Most Modded' mighty Bravo!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

One thing I can see at a glance is the renaming, re-ordering of mod folders for TFM makes them easier to organise.  I guess you and Hoss are my main backups for when I inadvertantly wipe something out.  :-[

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 07:11:31 PM »

Yes Simon, with the new IL2 Selector you can rename all your installs, and for my HOLYGRAIL Install that is a big Plus.

See here:

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »

Gentlemen ....GREAT work!
Simon, that whole TFM idea is just great and the new names for the folders is a mighty innovation bringing order to the chaos :)

Bravo, your Holy Grail method looks awesome, and should I find some time in the near future, I will surely try to add HSFX and maybe the new UP 3.1 as well, although HSFX looks more promising, if its based on 4.12.

what makes me sceptic a little bit is past bad experience with the Mod enabler in Silent Hunter IV;
the Mod Enabler ruined a working SHIV install after adding RFB and then trying to revert back to stock and up to TMO afterwards; I ended up installing the whole game again and adding mods for Silent Hunter directly, without the Mod Enabler....once bitten twice shy

cheers
phil

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 86   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 29 queries.