Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Steppenwolf's Effects and Tweaks  (Read 29705 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: Steppenwolf's Effects and Tweaks
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2013, 06:04:25 AM »

Not for 4.10 ?  :'(
I must change my game to 4.09 !

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

lotus555

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 06:45:05 PM »

;D Hello everybody, fantastic effects mod !

Someone can tell me how to use ? it's working with JSGME tool ?

thank !

*Steppenwolf*

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 03:35:38 AM »

Hi, Lotus555. All you have to do is put the Artillery, MGun, and LowerParticleEffects folders inside your MODS folder. Be sure to disable any other effects mods that you have.

Wulfy

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 05:49:34 AM »

Steppanwolf check your PM...need you help here :)

*Steppenwolf*

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »

Hello Wulfy. I will try and answer your question here so others might see it.

Get gunfire effects from 'video update 10' into 4.12?

The java stuff (example FC34140EDAF31A16) holds the necessary information to the gun and arty classes. In there you will find the color of the reflection emit, muzzle flash name and folder hierarchy, bullet smoke trail name(if applicable), shell ejection names, smoke effect for muzzle, etc. All of these class files would have to be in your MODS folder, with all the correct .eff, .mat, and texture files. I imagine if everything isn't absolutely in place there will be CTD. The right way to do this would be to decompile every class file within the 'Steppenwolf's Effects and Tweaks' for Arty classes and Mgun classes, note all file paths and names for effects, then take those effect files(found within the LowerParticleEffects folder) and put them in your MODS folder. This I would try to do one gun at a time to make sure everything works right(if you have the time). Of course something could have been changed in 4.12 that would render everything uesless. In that case you would still have to decompile all the weapons java(after finding them) and manually type in the effects files you want it to pull and still put everything in place. Either way, it's a whole lot of work. Another, more careless, option would be to move all the Arty and Mgun classes to your MODS folder then rely on me to remember all the correct .effs necessary for the effects to work(questionable). You would then need to go through the .effs I suggest and find all the correct .mat and .tga files, then put them in place. It could work though. And if you get a CTD, just check the log file and it will tell what the problem was. Remember which plane you were testing, make the necessary changes, then retest. Let me know and I'll look through the mod for the right .effs. I'll have to post them later tonight though.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 07:29:32 AM »

I got some of these effects working in my DBW I deleted all classfiles and then mixed this with Gurners effects works quite well of course those light effects when shooting guns does not work

Dakpilot

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2013, 04:33:24 AM »

Thank you so much!  :D your changes to the actors static have transformed the Slovakia Map! this had been a long time irritation for me, It is probably the most immersive of all the stock maps but a stuttering slide show over the large towns made it unplayable and a huge disappointment, superb low level eye candy at +- 15 FPS regardless of CPU or GPU a classic example of game engine being reached.
I can now fly at 60FPS during ground attack missions , best/worst example was the SlovakiaSummer axis QMB armour mission. There is no loss of detail or realism and the towns are still "just right"

A slight overpopulation be it buildings or palm trees spoil so many maps that are superb and a joy to fly, but reduced to slide shows on even the most advanced modern systems, your changes allow me to have my cake AND eat it  ;)

This small (but am sure a lot of patient work) change should be part of the next official TD patch!

perhaps in the meantime The Slovakia actors_static  could be put also in the Map section so more people can see it and have access to this invaluable mod

Cheers Dakpilot

*Steppenwolf*

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »

I'm glad you like it Dakpilot! Performance has always been a concern for me regarding IL2. Its an old game that can still easily bring my I7 to its knees. I'll be sure and post it in the Maps section. Thanks!

Slikk

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 06:16:23 AM »

Looking good Steppenwolf. Check your PM.

Slikk

*Steppenwolf*

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 09:10:15 AM »

Hey thanks Slikk! My apologies for not doing my homework better. 

Oky

• VBPHQ
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 02:18:25 PM »

Absolutely a great mod, Thanks!

Have a question though.

In the file '3DO\Effects\Aircraft\BlackMediumSPD.eff' color is defined as:
  Color0 1.0 0.0 0.0 1.0
  Color1 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0
That seems to be red to to me. And as a consequence I get red smoke on certain occasions.
Other parameters in this file don't seem to be 'fitting' either.

The issue I have is probably caused by the fact that I don't use UP but I use another mod.
It makes me wonder though what another mod does with this effect to make it look good and what the resulting effect is.

For now I changed it to look like smoke puffs from bullet hits. Not sure if that is what it's supposed to be..

Regards,

Oky

*Steppenwolf*

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:35 PM »

Hey Oky, thanks. That file is not used in the UP version I have, to my knowledge. I turned the colors like that to help link the effect with the appropriate effect file, also to help identify 'when' the effect happens. I also made them very big so as to be noticeable, and you're right it is red. Those effect files are usually for contrails, but since you have a custom install there's no telling what is really happening without looking into the java stuff. Smoke puffs are probably a good bet though, flashes or debris too.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 27 queries.