Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: MiG-21PF/PFM/FL 'Fishbed-D/F' - v1.1 + Vegas V2.1  (Read 195426 times)

352nd_Hoss

Re: MiG-21PF/PFM/FL 'Fishbed-D/F' - v1.0
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »

Yep, I've got the exploding Mig's too, but only when I put ordnance on them up against Phantoms, I take the ordnance off and they don't explode.... untill they get a sidewinder up the Kazoo.....................

Did notice it's the wing men that explode, the flight lead and element lead keep on flying and engage the Phantoms... well they fly around and get shot down......

Wondering if there are issues with the weapons but it's strange it's only the wing men that explode.

Perplexing..............

Hoss

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2013, 03:39:56 AM »

Yep, I've got the exploding Mig's too, but only when I put ordnance on them up against Phantoms, I take the ordnance off and they don't explode.... untill they get a sidewinder up the Kazoo.....................

Did notice it's the wing men that explode, the flight lead and element lead keep on flying and engage the Phantoms... well they fly around and get shot down......

Wondering if there are issues with the weapons but it's strange it's only the wing men that explode.

Perplexing..............

Hoss

Yep, confirmed, for me also only wingmen explode...

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #302 on: June 05, 2013, 04:12:25 AM »

Can you observe and explain in what Nature they are exploding? Like explode in mid-air? Shoot downward toward the Earth? Does it trigger radio chatter event?

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2013, 04:32:51 AM »

I had similar in DBW-1916, iirc Spad had wrong ordnance and my Camel squad exploded on takeoff right at the beginning of the mission. Logfile message was about "Weapons set 'default' not registered".

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2013, 05:42:17 AM »

It might be possible that the missiles are destroying their owner. It does occasionally happen at high angles of attack/high G. I'll do a few of my own tests later.

*ANNOUNCEMENT*
Okay all download links have been restored and passwords removed. Sorry to all for the inconvenience. My attempts to contact the offending user on the other site directly didn't work (their past email address bounced back). The team did not appreciate his immature and inflammatory approach to this matter,and whatever amnesty we may have been willing to grant is forgone. However I offer my thanks to the admin at that site for respecting our wishes and dealing with the issue.

Again thanks to everyone for your patience.

TeamFlyingAce162

« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »

For Christ's sake, what does it take for people to simply take a minute or two to ask for permission before posting links to other sites? >:(

BT~Teacher

• Black Tails
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2013, 08:32:33 AM »

Same here. Wingmans, 2nd and 4th plane in formation, Mig-21's explode on contact with the enemy.

buchtik

« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »

In my game, the wingmen explode in midair in climb and only when they carry guided missiles or the GP-1 gun pod. I think there is some problem with guided/air to air weapons and the angle of climb, as they start a climbing turn when they get close to me. When carrying bombs or unguided rockets, they stay at level flight and don't explode, except for the KH-66 air to ground guided missile, when they climb as if they wanted to engage in a dogfight.

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:40 AM »

It's not a problem with weapons. They don't explode when trying to shoot. They explode when enymy is spotted. And they just blow up mid-air without any radio message

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »

Maybe something related to radar messages that AI can't manage?

BT~wasted

• Modder
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2013, 11:14:36 AM »

I had that bug long time before that implementation of radar code.

I think it is somehow related with AI maneuvers and they explode when trying to execute some specific maneuver that only wingmans do when encountering enemy.

Anto, maybe it is somehow related to engine surge code? I mean maybe AI changes throttle rapidly and thats is why exploding?

Katyusha454

• Fishbed Fangirl
« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »

Always install these mods in your MOD/#DBW/#SAS or #UP folder not in jsgme. It is also very important you read the install instruction. Not bothering to do so is not taking a shortcut, it is a nightmare to support wrongly performed installs. Because those who help you believe you has done everythng according to install instruction and the help you receive  will be wrong

I have always been under the impression that JSGME was the standard method of installing all mods and I always understood "install it in your #DBW folder" to have an unspoken "using JSGME" on the end.  I've always used JSGME in order to avoid mod soup compatibility issues and make it easy to add and remove mods.  Wouldn't it be a good idea to mention in install instructions when mods are incompatible with JSGME?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 58   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 25 queries.