Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bombsaway's latest textures for my map.  (Read 3573 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Bombsaway's latest textures for my map.
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:36:57 PM »

Hello everyone, I thought I would share with you the latest textures made by the master of the shallows, Bombsaway.  Mark has very kindly provided two sets of textures for my WIP South Vietnam map, the first were for the shallows.  This latest creation is his attempt to replicate the rice fields, Patties or Paddies as they are known, that are such a part of the South East Asian landscape.

These textures have gone through several versions to get to what you see, but I'm sure you will agree with me when I say they are simply outstanding.

Thank you very much Mark for the time and trouble you've put into these, I hope I do them justice.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :)

philip.ed

• The Real Dim Shady
  • Guess who's back?
Re: Bombsaway's latest textures for my map.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 03:08:00 PM »

They look quite nice in the second shot ;) But is it me? or do they look quite blurred in the first? :D Looking vey good though.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 03:44:57 PM »

Hello philip.ed. the first shot shows one of my textures, the blured one.  I don't have Mark's talent for this sort of thing.  It was used to show how Mark's texture merges straight into mine, he has managed to get the colour spot on.  My texture has been altered in Gimp to try and remove the seams you usually see with the tile effect of the textures, unfortunately this has a blurring effect on the texture, it also gives the texture a washed out sort of look.  Hence the differance in the textures.  I need lessons in making textures. :-[

Wishing you all the best, Pete. :)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:45:59 PM »

Hey Pete,

Nice to see this map coming along very nicely,

I'll soon be asking the shallows master to do a few textures for couple of my projects as well.

He is the shallows master.

Great job on the map Pete!

Cheers Kirby

Lamphun

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »

Kirby, I would be glad to help in your maps. Please let me know when your ready. ;D
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 11:41:25 AM »

Hello Kirby, see what you did when you uploaded your starter maps, I've not put the map down since, it's taking over my life. ::)  I've made all sorts of new friends too, I can highly recommend his talents to you, he does amazing things in the water.

Your latest map project looks quite interesting Kirby, you will probably find that Mark has already produced a superb collection of images that would help you texture it.

By the way, what happened to the Panama map?  I haven't seen any progress reports lately.

Wishing you all the very best,Pete. :)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »

Hi Pete,

Don't want to high jack your thread too much but a while back had a computer crash.

Lost a lot of work on Panama but found an old map version with one original airfield.

It will come up again in the next few weeks or so.

Vietnam is looking superb Pete! :D

You should put a link up here for it.

Cheers  Kirby

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 04:06:53 AM »

Hello Kirby, glad to know Panama is still ongoing, shame about the crash but at least you still have some of the work.  That is the reason I've posted regular updates at AAA, at least most of the work will still be there if something horrible happens to my machine.

I will start a thread here shortly showing the progress of the map but I won't put up a link until I'm ready to post the next update, that way I can use the textures Mark has made and include them in that update.  For the time being the last update link is in the thread at AAA.

Here are some pics from the map taken this morning.

This first one shows the landscape near Hue with the patties texture alongside some of mine.

This shot shows two of the patties textures together on the map, gives a little colour variation, makes it a little more interesting to view I think.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.