Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lonestar67's Coral Sea 1942 retexured  (Read 4184 times)

Gumpy

• Modder
Lonestar67's Coral Sea 1942 retexured
« on: April 26, 2013, 01:03:42 AM »

This is a retexture of Lonestar67's beautiful Coral Sea 1942 map.The map is large and

has many mountain ranges on it,finding the right combination of texture for them wasn't

easy but,I think I have come up with a right fit of textures for them.    The islands were

my main focus and I think Ive gotten a pretty good handle on those also.        Take pity on

me as this is my first attempt at retexturing a whole map although I think you'll like

it there may be some that think otherwise.I would like to thank all the map makers

here for I used many of their textures to do this map some of them edited in Photoshop

by me to achieve the desired effect.        I renamed all the textures and put them into one

folder so that installation would be easier,so if you see your work here thank you and

I hope you approve.Id also like to thank Lonestar67 for the map and permission to

retexture it.This map has been tested in DBW 1.71 and IL2 4.11.1m with SAS Modact 4.0

so I don't know if it will work in any other versions you'll just have to test it and

see.To install open the zipped folder I provided then open up the the MapMods folder

inside,open up the maps folder you will see two folders one called _Tex and one called

LS_CoralSea.Now navigate to your main games root folder and find you MODS folder what

ever it's called (MODS,#DBW,#SAS) and open it up and scroll down to your MapMods

folder open it up and open maps,(if you have already installed the LS_CoralSea map

then backup your original folder first just encase you don't like this version) you

can now drop the Coral Sea 1942 folder that I provided in the zipped _Tex folder

into your _Tex folder then go back to maps and drop the LS_CoralSea folder I provided

into it and you should now see the new version.If this is your first time installing

this map don't forget to add 'CoralSea1942 LS_CoralSea/load.ini' to your all ini

without the quotes of course. Enjoy ;)  https://www.mediafire.com/?t82epf0cc15yb27  (UPDATE)    QuickQMBPro missions available soon.

cgagan

• SAS Team
Re: Lonestar67's Coral Sea 1942 retexured
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:58 AM »

Many thanks Gumpy, another beautiful addition to our map collection! 8)

lam

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:03:46 AM »

Yes, thank you. I especially appreciate how you made the white sandy beaches and palm trees around the beach areas!

Yeager_1946

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 07:28:17 AM »

Truly beautiful work, Gumpy! Thank you very much!  :)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:31:31 AM »

COOL MAP!  COOL MAP!!
I love it!  8) Everyone should fly on it!

Thanks Gumpy!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mixx

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 05:58:05 AM »

Yes, very beautiful and a huge map! Dream bombers and seaplanes lovers
Thanks Gumpy!

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:23:53 AM »

Same for me. I love this Map,one of the best Pacific Maps ever.

Helen-of-Sparta

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:56:55 AM »

Beautiful map for sure Gumpy, is wonderful, i can go swimming at the beach, where is my bikini and my sun glasses and my jet ski, OH no sharks no?  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 25 queries.