Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: UP 3.1 close at the doorstep, some Information  (Read 45377 times)

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Act quickly,think slowly
    • IL2 FREE Mods for the IL2 On-Line Community
UP 3.1 close at the doorstep, some Information
« on: April 24, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »

DEVELOPMENT NEWS!! :)
Hello guys :)

As the much-anticipated UP 3.1 version is getting close for the release, i owe you an insight view of it.
So....

The main development has ended and all the code-related issues/bugs have been resolved, even bugs that plagued UP for years, like the co-op logging that has been fixed by my good old friend |ZUTI| of course.

The UP 3.1 has undergone a thorough Planelist consolidation with more or less 50 planes removed and more than 20 new/unique and updated have been added to it.
It features mods like the Gear Damage mod by Crazyflak along with some merged ones like 2 very popular and featured sound addons, currently only in UP these 2 have been merged, by |ZUTI| ;)

Moreover it has all the newest 3d updates and planes like B-26, Claymore's FW-190 pack, Crazyflak's new Me-210 and Me-410 pack, P-40 pack by Anto and AMT, etc..

New maps and re-textured ones plus new objects have been incorporated by Boomer, :)

The UP 3.1 has the Flight Models from UP 2.01 for the Spits, FWs, Bfs, Typhoons, etc... The Flight Models that so many people have missed, :)

Of course the Plutonium effects are "in" and merged with MDS for awesome effects plus the previous addons like the hotkeys, bombbaydoos, carrier takeoff, and the most comprehensive and complete weapons addon, that offers unparallel quality and has been developed after 1000s of hours researching and, especially, testing.....

Don't forget the AWESOME AI triggers addon by, Lutz (who else? :) ) thathave been integrated correctly this time and a small video has been made so you can see. Perhaps some more teasers will follow like the Sound Effects of UP and MDS features.

Talking about MDS, it has reached the Rock-Solid 1.2.8 Version featuring all the previous features plus more.

And finally the error that plagued UP, the coop logging, has been fixed by ZUTI as i stated above.

Now lets see the AI TRIGGERS addon "teaser", description and video ;)

AI TRIGGERS, By Lutz

Triggers are used for AIs take off. Relevant AIs must be present on airfield at the start of
the mission.

Three types of triggers can be used

Delay: AIs take off after x minutes following the start of the mission

Zone: AIs take off when defined aircrafts (humans or AIs) enter inside a specified
volume

Clone: AIs take off when other AIs (submitted to zone or delay triggers) are in flight (take off completed).

Triggers set up

Open FMB, create mission and save it

using notepad (for example) open *.mis file
A topic [AOC_Trigger] will be present (generally at the end of the file). This topic must be
used, by adding lines, for triggers programming.
Short reminder before starting
A topic [Wing] is present in the *.mis file and show planes used in the mission, ie:

[Wing]
g0100
g0101
g0112
g0113
usa0100
g0120

In this example, g0100 is a human Bf109, g0101 are 4 AIs bf110, g0112 is 1 AI Storch,
g0113 are 4 AIs Ju87, USA0100 are 4 AIs B24 and g0120 are 4 AIs Fw190?

A) Delay programming
Syntax to be used is the following:
<AI ID><space (mandatory>
<key word « Delay »><séparator «:» (mandatory)><duration in minute>
ie: if Bb110 (g0101) have to take off, 2 minutes after starting of  mission, add line:
g0101 delay:2

B) Zone programming
First, zone have to be defined using following format:
<zone ID><space (mandatory
<center zone along X (in meter)><space (mandatory)>
<center zone along Y (in meter)><space (mandatory)>
<zone length along X (in meter)><space (mandatory>
<zone width along Y (in meter)><space (mandatory>
<mini height (in meter><space (mandatory)>
<max height (in meter)>

zone ID : key word « zone » followed by a number (0, 1, 2, ?) without space. Number of
the first zone must be 0, then, for other zones, add 1 to previous zone.
ie: 2 zones are defined in following lines:

zone0 55080 77300 20000 5000 500 8000
zone1 140600 62500 10000 25000 100 2000

Then, AIs have to be encoded.

For each AI, following format must be used:

<AI ID><space (mandatory)>
<zone ID><séparator «:» (mandatory)>
<aircraft ID used for triggering>   (*)

(*) must be  human or AI aircraft. If only one aircraft fulfils condition, trigger is active.
ie: for previous 4 Ju87 (g0113) take off if Storch (g0112) enter in zone (volume) 1. The line
to be added is the following:

g0113 Zone1:g0112

C) Clone
Syntax is the following:

<AI ID><space (mandatory)>
<key word «clone»>
<separator «:»>
<AI ID >

ie : Previous Fw 190 (g0120) take off when Ju87 (g0113) take off (means that Ju87
condition for take off is OK). Following line has to be added:

g0120 clone:g0113

D) Note
It is possible to group, for a same AI, several conditions. If one condition is OK, AI take
off?
ie: Fw 190 (g0120) take off either:

15 minutes after start of mission,

or B24 (usa0100) enter in zone0

or when Ju87 (g0113) take off

Following line has to be added:

g0120 delay:15 zone0:usa0100 clone:g0113

For this short example, following lines have been added to [AOC_Trigger] topic:

[AOC_Trigger]
zone0 55080 77300 20000 5000 500 8000
zone1 140600 62500 10000 25000 100 2000
g0101 Delay:2
g0113 Zone1:g0112
g0120 delay:15 zone0:usa0100 clone:g0113

Take care about the format: no syntax or logical controls have been implemented, so an
error can  carry an FB crash?

The AI Triggers along with MDS will transform Completely the Co-Ops and the DF Server Missions as they are valid for BOTH Human and AI players :)
Lets say a team of Human Bombers enter a section to Bomb a Factory then AI scrambles from nearby airfield to intercept them, etc... The options are endless!.

And now check the AI Triggers mission that described above as i recorded it ;)

Cheers!

P.S.

Me and the rest of the UP Team want to thank ALL of the people who had FAITH to us and understood that sometimes Real Life HAS to take its toll.
Again, a BIG THANKS to ALL of you!

And i would like also to say a big Thank You! to the people who took over development when i was away, KDN, Boomer, MANYSH,  Beeps, =Nik=, and of course to AJD-NZ, ZUTI, Lutz, Birdman and the rest of the guys at UP :)

~S~

rammstein7033

Re: UP 3.1 close at the doorstep, some Information
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »

No ! Noooooo!!
I cant believe!!!!
Hes back'!!
I think so many times about you!
Cause the crisis in greek and so on!!
Hello Hardes!!!!
YEEEEES!!!!!!!!
Thank u for all!
I am glad that u are back!!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
( Sorry for my english)

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 02:41:59 PM »

No ! Noooooo!!
I cant believe!!!!
Hes back'!!

I do remember you my friend, :) How is it going?
I did not leave, i just took a liiitle vacation, ;)

Cheers!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:47:37 PM »

Very Good News Here. Thanks for the Update Hades!! :)
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Chupacabras84

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:40:35 PM »

I was away for quite a while and I am happy to see that UP is still being developed.
A question, are there plans to incorporate Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod v3 (UV3) into UP?

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:46:08 PM »

This is like Good Old Times, when earlier UP's were soon to be released, remember the anticipation, and the excitement, I feel that all over again. Thanks Hades and All. ~S~
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »

I was away for quite a while and I am happy to see that UP is still being developed.
A question, are there plans to incorporate Tiger 33's Ultimate Sound mod v3 (UV3) into UP?
In short: Yes, but it may have some differend sounds for some/new engines-effects plus it is merged with another awesome sound-effects mod ;)

sphantom

• retired Fighter Pilot
  • If you wake up and see grass roots growing
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 05:13:01 PM »

good news

Chupacabras84

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 05:17:02 PM »

This is like Good Old Times, when earlier UP's were soon to be released, remember the anticipation, and the excitement, I feel that all
I agree with you, I also must add that IL2 holds surprisingly well against test of time, I am really surprised to see that IL2 is not ugly by any standards, its not full of shortcomings or anything else that could be explained as "Its not a new game deal with it" its actually pretty good and thanks to mods still fresh and alive, plus pretty good community.

@StG77_HaDeS:
If I might ask for a bit more detailed explanation on this, especially what is being replaced in Tigers sound mod.
I mean Tigers sound mod is really good, is there even room for improvement?

In any case, you guys did something really big (Only other modders would be able to understand how much work, knowledge and skill went into UP) so all the best to you and I hope to fly it in the nearest future  :)

Also, old avatar was better, the new one scared me  :'( beside, old one is a symbol already after all this time.

Spinnetti

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 05:23:17 PM »

Nice! Looking forward to it.... Is it based on 4.11?

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 05:33:47 PM »

Nice! Looking forward to it.... Is it based on 4.11?

It is compatible with the new 4.11.1m Aircrafts and vehicles but not with the most inner Java code like Ai routines that are in .dll, new bomb fuses, etc...

StG77_HaDeS

• Character is destiny
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 05:37:43 PM »

@StG77_HaDeS:
If I might ask for a bit more detailed explanation on this, especially what is being replaced in Tigers sound mod.
I mean Tigers sound mod is really good, is there even room for improvement?

Lets say it has room for sound effects and some engine sounds, mainly start-stop, etc... But the core of the engines sound it is Tiger's mod.

In any case, you guys did something really big (Only other modders would be able to understand how much work, knowledge and skill went into UP) so all the best to you and I hope to fly it in the nearest future  :)

I can only agree with the above, :)

Also, old avatar was better, the new one scared me  :'( beside, old one is a symbol already after all this time.

I will revert to my well-known one soon, i just wanted something... how should i put it.... "fresh"? :D :D :D

Cheers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 27 queries.