Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Swiss Moranes  (Read 7890 times)

Red_Fox90

• Aviator Mod Team
Swiss Moranes
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:39:26 AM »

Swiss Moranes

Took inspiration from a request by Radoye (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,33776.0.html), and played a bit around with the Moranes' 3d to make them look like their Swiss cousins, the D.3800 and D.3801.
Important notice: this mod is visual only, so it doesn't add them as new slot planes, and doesn't make any modifications apart from the 3d side.

If someone wants to further improve them, adding them to new slots and making correct FMs, be my guests. Colorful swiss skins are also well accepted, as there are very few around.

A greeting to all the Swiss friends from the other side of the Alps ;)

CREDITS:

New default skin by Phas3e
Reworked Alpha channels by Red_Fox90
Reworked mesh by Red_Fox90
Original mesh by 1C

INSTRUCTIONS:

Unzip and add the folder in the #DBW or #SAS mods folder.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafire.com/?0wq67frk8gu5cgi

S!

Gaston

• Modder
Re: Swiss Moranes
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19:08 AM »

One of the Swiss Morames is still flying (the last in the world), but under French colours. You should find infos on the net about it. Also, you should try to go see the Swiss Transportation Museum sitem, they also may have some infos, and the Swiss Air Force Museum in Dubendorf too.

Semor

• IL2 without Mods is possible,but senseless!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 01:17:14 PM »

Cool! May I ask,does the Swiss Morane replace the original planes in the Game,or is a "switching" option possible?

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »

In fact, the good thing would be to use this Morane with the Forgotten nation mod... as a specific CH airplane, available only if you select Switzerland, ans not modifying other nations...

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:12:19 PM »

Beautiful classic! I read that there is only airplane left in the world now. So its a very airplane
to fly and a true honor to have it in the IL2+mods.

Thank you so much Red_Fox90  8) Very cool Mod *Big Applause*

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Dunois

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 02:08:33 AM »

Excellent!
This old AC deserve this. I think the basic French versions need also this, specialy the cockpit frame which was false from the very beginning.
If I remenber well, Swiss AF used also the basic french version, before improving it with the Saurer engine.

Gaston

• Modder

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 05:31:47 AM »

Oh... this was the first paintscheme of Mr Koblet's D-3800, a few years ago ! now he is in French livery, because he goes often to participate in French and European airshows !

Red_Fox90

• Aviator Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 08:27:51 AM »

Thanks guys, glad you like it ;)

Cool! May I ask,does the Swiss Morane replace the original planes in the Game, or is a "switching" option possible?

They replace the original planes when selecting any other country different from France for the moment. The only switching option possible, is to manually remove or add them to the DBW folder, that is until (and if) someone with java knowledge wants to implement another way to have them in the game, maybe with new slots or a different 3d recalled by just selecting Switzerland when flying the Moranes, like Gaston suggested.

I think the basic French versions need also this, specialy the cockpit frame which was false from the very beginning.

I had done something for that, but never posted it here in the 3d visual section. You can find it here: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=15815.12

And the link for the canopy frame mod is this one: https://www.mediafire.com/?kig1k5at4hqb7a7
BTW it works for both the MS 406 and 410.

Nice pic Bravo (but that's an original MS 410 without my mod applied)!

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 10:39:12 AM »

I knew that :-[

lol, jk'ing   Thanks for pointing it out Red Fox. :)

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 03:17:49 PM »

They replace the original planes when selecting any other country different from France for the moment.

Just a little error in this : they replace the original planes when selecting any other country different from Finland (not France : even French Moranes are coming with this mod now).

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 03:26:31 PM »

I selected Switzerland to get mine.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 27 queries.