Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: In Pacific Skies - Woodlark and Trobiand Islands  (Read 47346 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Re: In Pacific Skies - Woodlark and Trobiand Islands
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2013, 11:49:52 AM »

The airfields still have problems with the stay points for where to park and also objects are too close to the taxi routes.

agracier, I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of changing the actors file to fix them.  Last night I did a few hours worth of correcting and testing the airfields so that not just fighters but bombers will be able to use these nice looking fields.

Trobiand af now has both runways working with good taxi routes and stays.  This is where I had to move most of the objects that were too close to the routes...but just a short distance.
However, with its setup of two runways, it's best for each runway to only have one end to takeoff and land.

It was also necessary to delete the "woods"/forest in the path of each runway.  Heavy planes were crashing into the trees.  So, map_T was slightly changed...just replaced the woods texture with Lowland0.

Today I'm still testing and correcting.  Still having some problems with Japanese bombers landing and taxi routes.  US bombers have longer landing distances so they work OK.

The Seaplane taxi and stay points were also a problem.  I moved them farther away from the shoreline so that they will park.

agracier, I can zip the actors and Map_T and email it to you if you'd like to have the fixes.  Just say the word.  :-X

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »

agracier, I can zip the actors and Map_T and email it to you if you'd like to have the fixes.  Just say the word.  :-X

Of course ... please do. As I've said before, airfields are a bit of unknown territory for me. I hardly know all the fine points at all ... so please send and I'll incorporate into a new download link ... or post it here on this thread yourself if you like ... either way is fine by me. I much appreciate the help ...

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »

Good news Here Guys.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

X-Raptor

« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »

Hi agracier, first I thank you for your great work about this map, very very cool! just I realize that I can't save missions into HFSX 6.17 ..may be you can know whats the problem?.or this map is not for HFSX<? thank you.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »

Raptor HSFX doesnt have many Objects, so you need to Search and download a good Bank of Objects to Run some maps. Use the Universal Static ini checker to see what objects your missing, and also you can check your Console Log for errors.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

X-Raptor

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2013, 04:54:42 PM »

Thank you Bravo for the reply, the problem is that even with console check enabled I still can't see any obyect missing just a lot of java errors :(

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

The corrected airfields waypoints have been emailed to agracier so we should see the update soon.

Trobiand Island
North runway...Can now park 9 medium bombers, or 5 Large bombers (B-17), or 20 fighters.
South Runway...Can now park 24 fighters.  It should be used for only fighters.

Woodlark Island
airfield can now park 6 medium bombers, or 6 Large bombers, or 18 fighters.

*If you use more than those amounts or have stationary planes or objects in their path or parking places then the A/I planes will disappear after landing!
If you have stationary planes under camo netting or in hangars then you should be OK.  Be sure to leave all taxi routes clear.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »

Raptor, I have HSFX/ModAct 4.0 and the Map works. Started right up!

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2013, 09:38:34 PM »

Hi agracier, first I thank you for your great work about this map, very very cool! just I realize that I can't save missions into HFSX 6.17 ..may be you can know whats the problem?.or this map is not for HFSX<? thank you.

I'm quite sure that with Boomer's Object Pack, you'll have all the necessary objects once the pack is installed in your game version:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,30853.0.html

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2013, 10:06:21 PM »

The corrected airfields waypoints have been emailed to agracier so we should see the update soon.

Here we are guys. 2 corrected files, one actors and one map_t.tga. Download, unzip and copy into the map folder ag_Woodlark_Island ... overwrite the older files. There are two links to choose from, both will give you the same file.

Thanks again to Czech_Texan for all his help. His airfield expertise is really appreciated.

download link
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?62op3hx2hwsjceh
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wyhs5a

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2013, 10:11:26 PM »

Raptor, I have HSFX/ModAct 4.0 and the Map works. Started right up!

Now this is one great screenshot. Do you by any chance remember the settings and time of day? I've never been able to get a landscape like this ... looks really nice.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2013, 01:20:41 AM »

Yes, agracier, it was Poor WX, and 1700 hours at Mission Launch, and Spawned at a random local with one straight east to west azimuth waypoint. @500 Ft AGL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.