Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: In Pacific Skies - Woodlark and Trobiand Islands  (Read 47347 times)

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
Re: In Pacific Skies - Woodlark and Trobiand Islands
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »

The airfield takeoff at the edge, is something that I hope Czech-Texan is looking into. The updates were for the Trobiand island airfield and the map edges and some coastal alignments ...

When the airfield take-off is solved, I will post a link ...
I'll have a chance to look at it in a couple hours and try to make a post about it this evening.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 01:22:12 PM »

While your at it Texan could please check the take off and landing points on Kiriwina Island airbase they seem to be way off also.Thanks

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »

I checked the runways.  The only way to fix this problem is to open the airfield texture in a graphics program and rotate it maybe 10-15 degrees so that its runway will line up with the takeoff waypoints and "runway ground" red arrow". 

The "Runway Ground" red arrow is the key to this problem!  Planes will line up on its axis...it does not matter where your runway takeoff waypoints are...as you can see in the pics above.  The red arrow must line up exactly on the takeoff waypoint line if you want the planes to line up exactly on the takeoff waypoints.
Sometimes and easy fix is to rotate the red arrow with the numpad 9 or 7 keys.  The Red arrow axes has limitations and rotate only particular degrees.  You just have to try and line it up onto the texture's runway as best you can.  agracier, rotating the texture should be easy enough for you.

Both airfields (Woodlark and Trobiand) have this same problem.

also...
Woodlark's "STAY" points may be too close to objects (camo nets/buildings).  If they are too close then the plane will pass that point and go to the next one.  If other working stays are already taken by planes then the taxiing plane will just disappear.  So make sure the STAYS are in good location and that there are several of them available.  You'll just have to test them with the landings of several airplanes in one mission.

Trobiand's does not even have STAY points.  Just need to attach some STAYS to the TAXI points and make them park in spaces far enough away from objects as described above.
And, if TAXI points are too close to objects they may not work.   Be sure objects are far enough away from the taxi path.

One other thing I noticed is that there are trees in the water on the east side of Bomapau isle.  I don't have the latest update so maybe it's corrected already.???

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2013, 02:26:35 AM »

I checked the runways.  The only way to fix this problem is to open the airfield texture in a graphics program and rotate it maybe 10-15 degrees so that its runway will line up with the takeoff waypoints and "runway ground" red arrow". 

I tried that last night and this morning and also moved stay points around, aligned up the red arrows and all ... but planes still take off on the same place, just off to the side of the actual runway.

Obviously there s something I am not getting. Is there an off-set value or something to this various points? Cause no matter where I place what planes still take-off from the same place and moreover, there are no points on that place when I work in map maker. No taxi, stay or runway ... the planes just seemingly decide on their own to start their take-off positions there.

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2013, 11:20:35 AM »

The planes are going to line up behind the red arrow.  As it is now, the red arrow makes a line off to the side of the runway.

There is no way to fix it just by adjusting waypoints and the red arrow.

The only way to fix it is to adjust your texture.   Slightly rotate it in your graphics program.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »

The planes are going to line up behind the red arrow.  As it is now, the red arrow makes a line off to the side of the runway.

There is no way to fix it just by adjusting waypoints and the red arrow.

The only way to fix it is to adjust your texture.   Slightly rotate it in your graphics program.

I already did the rotation ... and I haven't posted the new texture and new airfields yet, I've tried out several set-ups of different positioning of red arrows, stay and runway points ... and even f I make rather radical changes to the positioning, delete some points so that the airfield becomes quite basic, or add points to make it more intricate, the planes always seem to take off in the sae spot - just to the side of the runway ...

I'll try some more later ... today it has been discouraging not finding the key to this.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2013, 02:19:35 PM »

OK ... finally. Some screenshots of the corrected airfields. I'll upload corrections in a while or tomorrow after doing some more checks.

Thanks to Czech-Texan for the tips and explanation. It was indeed due to not having the correct angle on the runway texture. Never would have found it on my own ... thanks again.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

Cool!

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2013, 04:38:24 PM »

Glad I could help.  Looks more realistic now.
 ;D

Don't forget to rotate all the objects on the airfield too  ;)

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

Updated first post with new actors and textures to apply for corrected airfields. Once again with thanks to Czech-Texan for pointing me in the correct direction.

Here is the download link
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zi2gxj7o8wmz5yy

This download contains all necessary files to update the original download. Coastal align corrections, texture corrections, airfield takeoff corrections.
Copy over existing files.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2013, 09:47:49 PM »

Thank you Agracier and CzechTexan for the fix.

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »

Very Cool!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 27 queries.