Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: In Pacific Skies - Woodlark and Trobiand Islands  (Read 47351 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: In Pacific Skies - Woodlark and Trobiand Islands
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »

agracier, not sure if you spotted my earlier link for 1024 sized BumpH files. you're welcome to add it to your first post, if it'll be of any help. ;)

Thanks, it is indeed of help to those who can't get the 2048 mod working.

Added to first post. many thanks.

Badmuthafunker

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »

Thanks for another great map, ag.  :)

Here's my problem:

The map loads fine in FMB. But, when I zoom in to the level at which the textures appear, I get a CTD. I'm running DBW 1.71, with all the required mods. I've tried it with and without BumpH files of both sizes, but no joy. This is a completely new on on me!  ???

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 06:21:22 PM »

B.M.:
I recall this from another map, I assume it simply means that map overloads your current setup and or game settings. Try the same with running at another RAM setting for the selector or simply by using texture compression in the il2setup.exe. (Both, the compression in the first top box and the compression ARB extension down right).

I have a nowadays lower end rig /XP/AMD 2.8/HD 5770/ 3 GB RAM..and so far have not many issues with high res textures.

But I assume the trees really make framerates drop, so I reverted to smaller tgas and whenever I want a map with hi res trees, I simply put the trees inside the main tex folder and rename the load.ini tree section accordingly.

Did that here and it works. :)

Carry on
Chrs

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 12:28:39 AM »

Tom,

Thanks for a possible explanation. I would have been at a loss since I've never encountered that problem before, nor heard of it. Possibly I might have suggested that there were too many mods running at once ...

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »

Great map agracier thanks.I can usually figure out what to name the folder for Qmb mission pro quick missions but,this one has me stumped so far any ideas?And before someone says there are no quick missions for this map,yes there is if you got this  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14507.0.html before the link went dead.It's worked for every new map that's come along lately if you know what to name the missions and folder.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »

Great map agracier thanks.I can usually figure out what to name the folder for Qmb mission pro quick missions but,this one has me stumped so far any ideas?And before someone says there are no quick missions for this map,yes there is if you got this  https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,14507.0.html before the link went dead.It's worked for every new map that's come along lately if you know what to name the missions and folder.

I'm not versed in the ins and outs of QMB missions - they have always mystified me.

But don't you need to use the name of the map folder? And then the load.ini? In this case it is:
ag_Woodlark_Island

So it would be

MAP ag_Woodlark_Island/load.ini

or so I presume or rather deduce from looking at other examples ... let us know if it's correct ...

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 12:40:09 AM »

Ive tried that combination and about a dozen others with no luck so far but,I'll keep trying tell I crack this safe.It's just to beautiful of a map not to have quick missions for.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2013, 12:45:05 AM »

Ive tried that combination and about a dozen others with no luck so far but,I'll keep trying tell I crack this safe.It's just to beautiful of a map not to have quick missions for.

Would it perhaps have something to do with the dimensions of this map? It's quite elongated and a bit out of the ordinary range.

Or perhaps, you could rename this map into the name of a map whose QMB missions do work? And then just see what happens? Or just rename it into anything else that strikes your fancy or seems simple and straightforward enough to try in a QMB ...

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 01:21:03 AM »

No nothing to do with the dimensions of the map.The safe is cracked quick missions on the way,perhaps tomorrow at the latest.Cracking this safe has left me in need of sleep.  ;)

SAS~Gerax

• SAS Team
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2013, 01:55:09 AM »

hi agracier, many thanks for this map, great work,
great textures, HR runs flawlessy  :):

One question:
Is it possible to move the spawn point on Woodlark runway
to the center of the runway?  :)

i7-13700K, MSI RTX4090, Kingston 64GB, Asus Z790-P, Crucial SSD 1TB, Kingston SSD 4TB;

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2013, 02:05:22 AM »

One question:
Is it possible to move the spawn point on Woodlark runway
to the center of the runway?  :)

I'd be happy to. But when it comes to airfields I'm a bit of a novice. Here's a map maker view and it looks like things are nicely centered ... maybe you could give some advice where to place which points?

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2013, 07:39:08 AM »

As for Quick missions..
Will also give it a try if I can..
I encountered probs with the opposite-smaller island maps, e.g. I tried to use the templates for Uufflakke's missions to work with a small island map (BTM Pacific Islands) and while the mission loads, it is not possible to open it in FMB and edit since the waypoints are off the map..somewhere in the water.
For that mission set, I think using the default Pacific islands missions and renaming them and their load.ini part will work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.