Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lagarto's ItalyAfricaGreece retextured  (Read 22494 times)

Lagarto

• Modder
Re: Lagarto's ItalyAfricaGreece retextured
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 02:36:02 PM »

I love this map, but I have one request: currently Crete is right on the border of the map and it runs on forever outside the map.
Would it be possible to cut it off (so the island stops just at maps border), so we can fly around it?

Yes, I wish someone with more skills than I did that, and also fixed the glitch pointed out by Mick.
As for the Crete, I've been thinking of re-texturing the vkg_Crete map, which has this lush, springtime look, and I'd like to make it look more Mediterranean, so to speak. Besides the famous paradrop, there was a short but intense air battle over Crete directly prior to the airborne landings.
I have a soft spot for Crete, as I've been there twice. Here's the German paratroopers' cemetery at Maleme; in the second photo, in the background, you can see the airstrip they fought and died for.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 03:16:57 PM »

I am particularly fond of Crete as I am half Cretan (from my father's side). Nice photos of the German cemetary, they got their deserved resting place for fighting and dying for their cause and country; only, I cannot refrain from commenting, their victims were burried in their hundreds in anonymous mass graves, after bein summarily executed, men, boys, infants. Check for the cenotaphs at Vianos, Kandanos, Fourness and other places. There's an undisputed gallantry in war, but there is also unfathomable savagery, and in Crete this was not the act of the SS...

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »

Yes Hitler was Relentless to all Humanity in his Quest for World Power.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2013, 12:04:14 PM »

Today I've made a first attempt at re-texturing the Crete map - not much work on my part so far, I've only picked up a selection of textures made by other talented people and put them together to see how they would look. First pics:

https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/img199/6241/i8nm.jpg
https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/img850/1084/qob8.jpg
https://www.sas1946.rocks/images/imageshit/img853/5799/qi4d.jpg

Any feedback will be welcome :)

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2013, 12:19:32 PM »

Hi, I don't know which part of Crete the photos depict, but to me, it is too barren. Crete is not like the Cycladic islands, it has its barren (desert like) spots, but on the whole is much greener...

Blumax

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »

Hi Lagarto, my wife is Greek and i've spent alot of time amongst the Greek islands and mainland, especialy around the Sparti area, i'm currently retexturing agraciers Dodecanese map and trying to get a dry yet green Mediterranian feel is quite difficult, this what i have done to Rhodes but Crete is pretty much the same......hope this offers some help......

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »

Thank you guys.
Bluemax, thanks for posting your pics. I can see some very nice looking trees. Is there anywhere I can get them? :)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »

Awesome shots BluMax!
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Blumax

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2013, 06:28:18 PM »

I made a tree map texture to get those trees as explained in Kevinp's map making tutorial + there's the woods textures as well to add depth to the forests.

Thanks Bravo but please don't anybody get excited about the Dodecanese project, i'm pretty much out of IL-2 these days and the chances of the map ever being finished are next to none....that's why there is no WIP thread.

Lagarto

• Modder
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »

I've just noticed that the pack was downloaded 700 times. Glad to see it triggered so much interest :) Thank you

kapteeni

• Modder
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2017, 05:02:53 AM »

1of my fav maps ever

<Gunny>

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »

Nice map Thank you for your hard work......

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 27 queries.