Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early Preview UQMG  (Read 5186 times)

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
Re: Early Preview UQMG
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »

Awesome! :o
Great work! 8)

santobr.

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »

Thanks all.

I am taking this one with baby steps and concentrating on the user interface first.  Biggest goal is to create a more sustainable upgrade mechanism and to eventually move the engine to support COD and further IL-2 developments.  I rushed the first UQMG out and created an environment which was very hard to keep up with.  The templates in the original UQMG (both object and map-based) requires endless hours to update and to create, even though I had custom tools to help me along the way.

It was challenging enough with the stock releases of IL-2.  When the full modding community came out, the flood gates of IL-2 broke, and made updating UQMG hard to keep up with; too much work.  The only way to have a better mission generator is to create one that adapts almost automatically to custom changes, and that is the goal here.  I also want to make creating user templates much easier, more along the lines of QMB but with the advanced features of UQMG.

Finally, there is a new tool I am designing which I'll keep under wraps for right now, but will be a totally new feature.

With this release, I want the user to be in complete control.  And like I said... as you install new mods, UQMG needs to be able to allow you to use your new objects automatically, at least as much as possible.  Finally, the original UQMG is just too old, developed in Visual Studio 6.0, and converting it to .NET was just too frustrating, so re-creating it (with some small code re-use from the original) was the best strategy.

I'll keep you updated but I can tell you this will take quite sometime.  The coding is fairly complex, so it will be sometime before a Beta comes out.

UberDemon/danzigzag
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

PO_MAK_249RIP

• CMON U SPURS!
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 12:11:02 AM »

Two weeks then ??  ;D
Corsair Carbide case, Intel core i5 4690 3.5ghz with Arctic Cooler, Asus Rock H97 performance, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB DDR6, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, 256GB/500GB Crucial SSDs, Windows 10 64bit.

LuseKofte

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 01:37:49 AM »

This sound great, I will wait for this one :)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 06:29:21 AM »

This sounds liek its AMAZING!  8)

I must give it a try one day
Thank You!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

UberDemon

• UberDemon/danzigzag
  • Modder
    • UberDemon's Website
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

Two weeks then ??  ;D

Like "The Money Pit?"  Yes... two weeks.
Best Regards, UberDemon/danzigzag, Get UQMG at http://www.uberdemon.net

wingflyr

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »

8) 8)Awesome UberDemon, Ive have used your past mission generator works extensively and have had hours of fun. Thanks for that and this new project, looking forward to it eagerly.  ;D        Wingflyr.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 26 queries.