Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: the Lost Islands Map - Tales of the South Pacific  (Read 27261 times)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
Re: the Lost Islands Map - Tales of the South Pacific
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2013, 02:19:38 AM »

Hi Tom,

This ag_Isles folder is not visible.... :(

There hasn't been one made yet. You won't find any folder by that name, until someone makes QMB missions for this map and posts them ...

duffys tavern

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2013, 05:11:27 AM »

Thanx for a swell little map.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »

hi guys
concerning my earlier report of fps loss -
i mentioned that it could have been due to a setting change i made in my conf.ini, and indeed, it was.
the following setting from the [Render_OpenGL] section:
TexMipFilter=2
above is as i normally had it.
when trying to get the high res mod to work for textures, i found that changing this setting to 3 gave me the high res trees, etc, but this fps hit, which i didn't immediately notice, id directly linked to that setting.
so, running the same scene with it set at 2, i get a steady 75 fps.              ;D
running the same scene with the setting at 3, gives me a not-so-steady 11 fps.   :o
as much as i really love the high-res mod, unless it can be improved, then i might simply have to let it go for now, until i have enough cash to seriously upgrade my machine.
it's just way too much of a loss in framerate for my poor rig, lol.
so, anyone else out there, just be aware that this might be an issue on your rig, as well. ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

w

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2013, 12:51:49 PM »

It allows you to use hi detailed textures in 2048x2048 pixel size, as well as hi detailed aircraft skins in the same size. Normally textures and skins are limited to 1024x1024 pixels. With the mod, you can get much more detail.

Agracier : how do I change the textures to 2048X2048 in UP3 RC3 4.10.1 ?

My IL2 game is set up for 1600X1200 32 bit - and the game video settings are for landscape detail "perfect" -
should I be making the texture changes to the main game conf.ini file? or the map specific load.ini file

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »

It allows you to use hi detailed textures in 2048x2048 pixel size, as well as hi detailed aircraft skins in the same size. Normally textures and skins are limited to 1024x1024 pixels. With the mod, you can get much more detail.

Agracier : how do I change the textures to 2048X2048 in UP3 RC3 4.10.1 ?

My IL2 game is set up for 1600X1200 32 bit - and the game video settings are for landscape detail "perfect" -
should I be making the texture changes to the main game conf.ini file? or the map specific load.ini file

The 2048 texture mod works differently than you describe above. It mainly has to do with replacing certain .dll files in the game root and also by adding one small folder of classfiles to the MODS directory. A typical adding of a folder to MODS ... classic mod installation.

Maps have nothing to do with the mod itself. You may perhaps have to change a conf.ini setting or two, depending on your system.

But, to get the specifics for your set-up, please see the main post on this mod itself. I give a link in one of my above posts.

I had more than enough effort to get it to work in my install, and I don't feel qualified on explaining the mod, as I barely understand it myself ... ha ha. It took me several months before I finally hit upon the solution, or rather read the solution in a post. You can find it in the link I've given in one of my above posts.

w

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2013, 01:35:09 PM »

Great thanks for the help and I hope  you make a UP3 RC3 version of your latest Lost Islands Map at some point

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »

Great thanks for the help and I hope  you make a UP3 RC3 version of your latest Lost Islands Map at some point

I didn't do anything special that should make it impossible to use it on UP3. It is usually objects, missing objects, that mess up the versions and even then you can invariably install the objects into UP3 anyway, just as was done when they were used as mods.

The only big difference with the main download for this map with UP3 is the 2048 mod. The main download contains 2048 tree textures.

But, if you don't wish to use them, or cannot, then there are smaller 1024 tree textures available via a separate download link in the first post. Download the 1024 textures, and unzip them into the following folder:

...MODS/mapmods/maps/_Tex/trees/...

Overwrite the 3 tree textures when asked. Now you will have smaller tree textures that do not require the 2048 mod ...

w

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »

I installed the map like another - substituted the low res trees from the link you provided-and I do no get an error message when I load the map in the FMB
it just throws me out of the game to my desktop instantly -

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:35 PM »

Hmmm ... here's a trick to just see if it's an object that gives you the ctd or not.

Take an actors from a working map, and copy it into this map folder ... objects won't be at their correct location of course, but if the map loads, then you'll know it's an object ...

Of course, make a copy of the original ators frst though.

asso58

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:47 PM »

Hello Tom2,

nice screens, and if may ask:

how do you get modern pilot helmet on Mustang?

Thanks in advance, and of course thanks Agraciers for new map!

asso58

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »

Hi Tom,

This ag_Isles folder is not visible.... :(

Zsoltfireman: You need to built it. ;)
So far no Quicks for this map exist.

Cheers

Mixx

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2013, 04:52:35 AM »

Agracier congratulations!
Very beautiful and fun map that is completed the construction of airfields, ports and villages.
 Beautiful and realistic landscape!

There are some minor flaws in Map_C, heightmap map_H. Maybe a little better texture joints ..

But the map is very nice and beautiful, well done definitely!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 27 queries.