Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbin Map - Manchurian Incidents  (Read 17896 times)

Gaston

• Modder
Re: Harbin Map - Manchurian Incidents
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 03:42:34 PM »

It's only a shame the map isn't in 2048.

At the contrary ! Ot os better that way, so peoples which do not use the HiRez mod will be able to use it ! 2048 should be an option, not a default installation !

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »

It's only a shame the map isn't in 2048.

At the contrary ! Ot os better that way, so peoples which do not use the HiRez mod will be able to use it ! 2048 should be an option, not a default installation !

I understand ... but remember how it went with the old maps with 512 textures. Suddenly there were 1024 textures and it seemed like a whole new dimension was added to the maps. The same will now happen with 2048 textures, I'd say it's inevitable.

The only thing that makes it a bit more difficult is finding good raw images in hi rez from which to make 2048 textures. Google Earth is great, but you really have to trust to serendipity to chance upon areas with the right kind of imagery. And if the raw images don't contain more detail then there is little sense in making them into 2048 textures.

But when you do find the good areas with hi rez satellite imagery, it makes a huge difference.

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 08:32:42 PM »

Hi Ag,

I also  watch documentaries / any movies about certain topics and then think a map is in order for that area

Very interesting region you have mapped.

Keep them coming 2048 maps that is  :D ;)

My sas modact 4.10 HD version (including all the objects) Carmasters light mod, Carmasters animated water mod and the HD skins mod all work perfectly now  ;D

Great job  ( not too much coastline work with this one  ;D)

Cheers

Kirby

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 12:49:22 AM »

not too much coastline work with this one  ;D)

ha ha ... it's a fine line to walk. No coastlines and the map has huge amounts of land to texture map - so much to paint in by hand. Make an islands map and the coastlines need to gone over manually ... it's Scylla and Charybdis ... ha ha.

acred99

• Modder
  • Meditation the only way to fly!!
    • Asisbiz.com
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2019, 06:12:36 PM »

Can't save missions, even with oil wells, using 4.09m any help would be appreciated, great map to.

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2019, 01:22:14 AM »

Can't save missions, even with oil wells, using 4.09m any help would be appreciated, great map to.

The map was made in a 4.10 map maker, so I suppose there might be some difference.

At the moment I can't pinpoint the exact name, but I believe there are some mining objects that belong to one or another add-on. You should be able to find which objects you are missing by using a missing objects tool also called the static.ini checker ...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,762.msg204608.html#msg204608

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2019, 07:21:32 AM »

Dear Agracier!
Where i can find list or some kind of catalog with all your maps? With link for download, if possible :)
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2019, 07:57:43 AM »

Dear Agracier!
Where i can find list or some kind of catalog with all your maps? With link for download, if possible :)

I don't really have a catalog and besides, many of the early ones are really not very good anymore. But I will take a look at my Mediafire account and see which ones are still available and worth the trouble ...

Motörhead

• http://forum.aviaskins.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2019, 10:09:35 AM »

Thanks agracier! I will look at this maps!
Ain't a hope in hell, nothing's gonna bring us down, The way we fly, five miles off the ground, It's a Bomber!

agracier

• Modder
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »

Thanks agracier! I will look at this maps!

I am pretty certain the zip files contain the appropriate lines to add to the all.ini. If not, let me know.

The maps were all made in 4.10 with perhaps some objects from the odd mod pack or so. Palm trees are usually important ... I use gazillions of those ... ha ha

Dimlee

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019, 02:03:48 PM »

I can find many interesting maps by agracier in BAT. Some of them are really unique as they cover areas untouched by other mapmakers: Arkhangelsk, Madagaskar, Dodecanese archipelago, some Middle East and African regions, etc.
Such an impressive collection of maps. Great work.
Thank you, agracier !
 ]salut[
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 27 queries.