Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you take off...  (Read 4366 times)

bolox

• Modder
Re: How do you take off...
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2013, 12:03:23 AM »

Thanks I have made rotary controls for elevator, rudder, aileron trim. Do you mean trim reset button? And do I need separate reset buttons for each trim or just one 'master trim reset' do you think?

You are using potentiometers for trim, correct? (simbuilder thread)
If so , in my experience, you will not need any trim reset button, as any movement of trim control will set trim to the position of pot.
Generally it is not a good idea to have 'double assigned' axis/button controls

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:53 AM »

Thanks Corsair, I've been using 100% in chocks for carriers so will try your way

Marcost, This is just an example of an F-4 Sick Grip, but it may lead you to where I would go as far as your Creation could possibly be, and like I once asked, if you Mass Produce it, I want one, lol

Bravo you are already top of that list  ;) and thanks for the info I will study it

You are using potentiometers for trim, correct? (simbuilder thread)
If so , in my experience, you will not need any trim reset button, as any movement of trim control will set trim to the position of pot.
Generally it is not a good idea to have 'double assigned' axis/button controls

Yes bolox I'm using pots, the reason for my question is that since using the rotary trims i have managed to bury the nose of my aircraft on take off roll and wondered if the elevator trim was being 'remembered' from previous mission in-flight settings. I can't think there is a way to check trim setting at take-off (other than external view but that would need quite a large deflection). Maybe I should be applying more joystick up elevator once rolling. Thanks for replying

Regards,

M

Moggy Cattermole

• Lt Clack, Lt Boyce, Cpl Pike, PC Palmer
  • Modder
  • 1RIFLES - 1QDG - 4SCOTS - MPS 2185SO
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 04:32:56 AM »

I tend to shut my eyes, cry like a little girl and pray to the old Gods and the new. Even as I say this, I realise it's probably not the answer you were looking for.

Serious question, how the hell do you make the C47 take off without it wheeling off the runway? Even with full opposite lock and tailwheel locked, it always turns off the runway. Slowly increasing the throttle or ramming it straight up to full makes no difference. I know there are other aircraft in the game with similar characteristics.

US_GRANT

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 04:47:48 AM »

I tend to shut my eyes, cry like a little girl and pray to the old Gods and the new. Even as I say this, I realise it's probably not the answer you were looking for.

Serious question, how the hell do you make the C47 take off without it wheeling off the runway? Even with full opposite lock and tailwheel locked, it always turns off the runway. Slowly increasing the throttle or ramming it straight up to full makes no difference. I know there are other aircraft in the game with similar characteristics.

You may need to use differential engine power. a pain if you don't have a dual throttle quadrant.

marcost

• Modder
  • Keep calm and run away
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 05:13:22 AM »

Thanks I might try it though as it sounds better than my previous method - Autopilot, speed x8, right hand to beer....and relax  ;D

Blumax

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 05:20:15 AM »

I amended my first post with further instructions taken from the men only mans manual of mans stuff to do.

Thanks I might try it though as it sounds better than my previous method - Autopilot, speed x8, right hand to beer....and relax  ;D

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:32 AM »

Marcost, observe AI, when they take off, they input full aft stick until t/o speed.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 05:32:19 AM »

how the hell do you make the C47 take off
Not at all if you're a stock game player.
Since C-47 is an AI only aircraft, it suffers from an FM which is suitable for simplicistic flight modelling only, i.e. only AI can fly well with that FM.
I recall several other aircraft which show similar issues, the Avengers for instance.
If you like to have them fly like for real, you'd need to apply a suitable (realistic) FM to them.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 06:00:22 AM »

Sometimes you have a hard time to overcome trouble with Mods.
I knew this V-3 Mod since the days of AAA and it's historical announcement.
Though I was not happy the authors just copied a A-1a over a tailplane. without adjusting the main-landing gear.
My post was not welcomed, me and a another user was kicked out and told to shut up!!! :'(
AAA, well, I gave it a go nevertheless and had a chain to it, not that bad, but I tried 5 years to fully aware all aspects of this bird.

If it comes to the Me 262 V-3/V-4 Moddded Aircraft I use a very unique technique.
First assign a latched "elevator up" to your Joystick.
This is crucial to get the birds belly bottom at the concrete during loooong roll-outs while landing or T/O.
During roll out, keep the rudder in up position at all cost. Don't ask, do it.

Chocks in, throttle lewer forward and back into shut down position, game keeps to
assign them some % while the lewer is at 0% randomly. To avoid the Jumo compressor stall.
Start the right engine, then left engine, flaps in "Start" position, "elevator up" latched.
Select all engines, throttle gently up to gain RPM and warm up the Jumos, don't exceed 85%
or they overheat and may be damaged. Compensate rudder a bit. The bird lifts off from alone,
in this layout it's crucial to gain some height for leveling out and trim, flaps in and gear in, it's a wavy ride, but necessary.
You may never managed to T/O with that bird without ending up in a nose-over, the elevetaor latched helps to
handle that very curious craft. I tried it with manually pulling the stick back, works too, but it's not comfortable for you and actually broke my last X52Pr! No joke.

If, and here is the luck of success, you managed to handle this crate, it's awesome, because it adds a bit diversity and
uniqueness, to the so often same FM's in our game.
Thanks to SAS~Riken for the improved Mod.
I absolutely love this Bird.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

bolox

• Modder
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03:29 AM »

wondered if the elevator trim was being 'remembered' from previous mission in-flight settings

Possibly,- if you have physical markings on your controls it's a good idea to do a 'preflight check' and move them a bit if in correct position. this should give a 'nudge' to the controller/game to update position(s)

I can't think there is a way to check trim setting at take-off
I have used UDPspeed/devicelink indicators for a long time.
Some AC have in cockpit indicators, some even work :P

Moggy Cattermole

• Lt Clack, Lt Boyce, Cpl Pike, PC Palmer
  • Modder
  • 1RIFLES - 1QDG - 4SCOTS - MPS 2185SO
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:19 AM »

how the hell do you make the C47 take off
Not at all if you're a stock game player.
Since C-47 is an AI only aircraft, it suffers from an FM which is suitable for simplicistic flight modelling only, i.e. only AI can fly well with that FM.
I recall several other aircraft which show similar issues, the Avengers for instance.
If you like to have them fly like for real, you'd need to apply a suitable (realistic) FM to them.

Best regards - Mike

I thought asuch Mike, I do remember being warned off expecting a decent FM for it in the readme, all that time ago.

However, that being the case, does anyone have any advice other than weeping like a little girl / autopilot for getting it to take off in something resembling a straight line? I'm thinking, something along the lines of the amiable meander of someone reasaonably drunk rather than the heart-rending stagger of someone well and truly trolleyed that involves choosing the wrong one of three runways arrayed in front of you, lurching around in a circle a few times before crashing into a pedestrian and bursting into flames.

Hmm, actually, that's a reasonable analogy for most of my takes offs. There, the original question is answered!

Dinga

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »

Have you tried tried using the the thing down the back that wobles from side to side when you push the foot pedal things :)Works for me!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.