Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: "IL-2 SCW" - Spanish Civil War Mod Pack  (Read 62029 times)

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
  • Flying online as =CFC=Conky
Re: "IL-2 SCW" - Spanish Civil War Mod Pack
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2013, 11:19:22 AM »

That usually means that there is no player-dedicated aircraft in the mission. What happens when you go to the arming screen?

Hi Poltava,

Nothing happens when I hit the 'customize' button, e.g. I cannot get to the arming screen. Interestingly, this also happens in the Delfin campaign, although the mission loads correctly.

Thanks!
Suivez les conseils de Bison Bourré, foncez!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
    • Check out my modded campaigns
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »

This could be my bad. Open the mission in FMB, click on the CR.32 flight, Plane 1 and tick the box that says "Player".

Then have another go.
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

juanmalapuente

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

Thanks a lot Poltava from far far away.  ;D
You have made an impressive work of compilation and production. All the SCW fans owe you gratitude.  ;D

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »

This could be my bad. Open the mission in FMB, click on the CR.32 flight, Plane 1 and tick the box that says "Player".

Then have another go.

Hi Poltava,

I opened the mission in FMB and Plane 1 was assigned as player a/c. When I selected it however, (i.e. selected the 'Plane 1' tab in View Object, the FMB crashed. I restarted the game and then tried to select aircraft customization, with no joy.

I have not tried the second or subsequent missions in the campaign yet, it might just be a one-off problem.

Thanks!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2013, 12:39:48 AM »

Sillius - and you are running it with "IL-2 SCW"?
You want to give financial support to a front line Ukraine unit fighting the Russian invaders? Paypal kyivragnarock@gmail.com

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2013, 05:16:53 AM »

Sillius, are you sure that you have installed everything correctly? your error report indicates that you are missing the aircraft completely or something is not installed correctly;
maybe open up the mis file, see which aircraft are required for the mission and check if you have them all installed correctly....

EDIT: just loaded the Chirris campaign myself; no problem here on my side; map loads up correctly, as do the Chirris and the Recce Ro;
I am running stock SCW, modded onyl with adding Jir´s maps of all of Spain :)
maybe really check if you have set up SCW correctly

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »

Sillius, are you sure that you have installed everything correctly? your error report indicates that you are missing the aircraft completely or something is not installed correctly;
maybe open up the mis file, see which aircraft are required for the mission and check if you have them all installed correctly....

EDIT: just loaded the Chirris campaign myself; no problem here on my side; map loads up correctly, as do the Chirris and the Recce Ro;
I am running stock SCW, modded onyl with adding Jir´s maps of all of Spain :)
maybe really check if you have set up SCW correctly

Yes, it appears to be something missing in your install.  :-\

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »

Thanks for the replies and advice, I downloaded/installed everything as per instructions and the game does start normally, but I will go back and have a look.

The problem that occurs when I try to select 'plane 1' in FMB (Chirri campaign), is that the 'View Object' box re-sizes so that only the upper left corner of it is visible, superimposed on the map. I've had this happen to me before but it was usually due to ai aircraft getting out of sequence in the FMB, i.e. a duplicate of squadron 1, flight 1.

I'll keep looking...

Thanks!

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »

Thanks for the replies and advice, I downloaded/installed everything as per instructions and the game does start normally, but I will go back and have a look.

The problem that occurs when I try to select 'plane 1' in FMB (Chirri campaign), is that the 'View Object' box re-sizes so that only the upper left corner of it is visible, superimposed on the map. I've had this happen to me before but it was usually due to ai aircraft getting out of sequence in the FMB, i.e. a duplicate of squadron 1, flight 1.

I'll keep looking...

Thanks!

Ok, further to my last, I re-installed the mod pack over a fresh installation of DBW and everything works as advertised. There may have been some vestiges of old mods in my other installation.

My question is this however; will adding new aircraft  or objects to DBW affect the SCW pack ? (After disabling it first in JGSME of course)

What other mods risk conflicts with the SCW stuff?

Thanks!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »

If you disable "IL-2 SCW" in JSGME first, and then add things there will be no problems at all. You could also try and add to the activated "IL-2 SCW" - it will be a bit of trial and error thing, but most mods will probably work ok. But there are no 100% gurarantees.

There are other option, like getting a dedicated install just for "IL-2 SCW", or - this actually seems to be the best - use this metod:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35642.0.html

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »

If you disable "IL-2 SCW" in JSGME first, and then add things there will be no problems at all. You could also try and add to the activated "IL-2 SCW" - it will be a bit of trial and error thing, but most mods will probably work ok. But there are no 100% gurarantees.

There are other option, like getting a dedicated install just for "IL-2 SCW", or - this actually seems to be the best - use this metod:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35642.0.html

Hi Poltava,

I think I will keep one installation 'clean' and use only JGSME type mods. The installation which was causing the problems seems to work well with mods installed the 'old way', so i'll keep 'em both and if all hell breaks loose, I have clean backups of everything.

Thanks again for all your help!

SAS~Poltava

• Avid FMB user
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • Help Ukraine fight
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2013, 01:13:22 AM »

As harddrives are so big nowadays there is no problem in having multiple installations, just to avoid hassle. I think I have 5 or 6.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 27 queries.