Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: UPDATE Aug.20,2016 : BurmaLower_1942 & BurmaLower_1944  (Read 46516 times)

farang65

• never two weeks two decades
  • SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
Re: BurmaLower_1942 and BurmaLower_1944
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 10:36:41 PM »

Hi Tom2

Are you talking abot CT's actual map or C.T's campaign for the map. ?

The map loads up fine in DBW  It worked perfectly this end.  :D ;)

That texture should be in DBW 

I just haven't tried to load up his campaign as yet

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 11:39:37 AM »

Hmm..SAS~farang65, not sure there Kirby, I tried with an older install of HSFX4.11, will try with DBW later this week and report. :)

Cheers

Thorsten

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 02:29:55 PM »

Your map shows up in the new "Twin Dragons" campaign, but doesn't load, same error message that has been reported in some earlier posts.
Map looks great however I cannot get it to work.  Looking at the full mission builder it is listed under "Eastern Fronter" not "East Asia"?. When trying to load it it will not load  using the shift tab I get this message at the end which reads error "MAPS/_Tex/Trees/NamtreeTL.tga"  Is there a loading error?  My  "East Asia" Maps do have' VietMinh, Vietnam North and Vietnam South' do I have a map missing? Any help is appreached, BTW loved your first "Twin Dragons" campaingn. :)
Unfortunately unloadable...do I have to put in the #DBW/MapMods folder? or Inside the jsgme-Mapmods folder? Tried both but it doesn´t seem to work...

Cheers Elmar
I thought there was a "how to install maps" discussion on these boards but I failed to find it.

When you unzip the download, you'll see two map folders named "BurmaLower_1942 and BurmaLower_1944"...put these into your "maps" folder...sequence is DBW/Mapmods/maps/___.

In the download, You'll also see the textures folder named "_Tex" ... open this folder and inside you will see "cztx" and subfolders inside of it.  Put "cztx" folder inside your game's _Tex folder...sequence is DBW/mapmods/_Tex/____.

Don't forget to copy and paste the lines into your "all" file which is found in DBW/mapmods/maps. 

I thought the download's readme file had sufficient intallation instructions but I've been doing this for a long time so I forget how difficult it may be for others who don't install maps very often.

I did it just like it´s written there. Actually the map is shown in the campaign ´s instructions section but loading the campaign doesn´t work well, telling the map is not loadable...

Maybe you are missing the Vietnam Trees textures found in the Maps/_Tex/trees/
Do you have the Vietnam maps?
I should have included those trees in the download, sorry.

When the map fails to load, press the SHIFT+TAB keys and it will show an error message near the bottom.
Here is a link to the Vietnam trees that you may be missing:  https://www.mediafire.com/?l12mvu9aa8oe51g
Just download, unzip, and place the "Nam tree" files into your "Trees" folder.   
File sequence is:  mapmods/maps/_Tex/trees/...

I also put this link on the first page.  Sorry for the delay.  Been busy.  Hope everyone gets the map to load.  Don't get too frustrated and give up.  We'll find a way to get it working 8)

Taxman

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »

Thank CzechTezan, 
That is what was missing, now working ;D Now to just fly and hope to survive to the finish  ;D
Here is a link to the Vietnam trees that you may be missing:  https://www.mediafire.com/?l12mvu9aa8oe51g
Just download, unzip, and place the "Nam tree" files into your "Trees" folder.   
File sequence is:  mapmods/maps/_Tex/trees/...

I also put this link on the first page.  Sorry for the delay.  Been busy.  Hope everyone gets the map to load.  Don't get too frustrated and give up.  We'll find a way to get it working 8)
[/quote]

jfloren

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 08:35:15 AM »

Thank you....your info fixed it for me. Appreciated!

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 11:47:44 AM »

You're all welcome  :) enjoy flying!

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 06:55:42 PM »

CzechTexan, I get this load error:

Can't open file 'Maps'\_tex\forest\summer\slot_forestfar.tga

I do not have these textures in my inventory, it seems.. ;)

Tom
hey Tom2,
Got it working yet?  if not, easy fix is to open the "load" file and replace that line of text (_tex\forest\summer\slot_forestfar.tga) with a line of text from a different map that works.

That particular texture is only for the "far" view of the forests.  I got it from DBW's Slot map.  Apparently it has changed since the original Slot was made.  These new Slot forests textures are exactly what I was looking for for Burma.  I actually had already made my own forest textures but then found the Slot's and subsequently discarded my own creation (which was actually pretty close in color to Slot's).

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 03:02:17 AM »

Thanks for the info, CzechTexan! :D
I will extract that one and use it in my older and fav WWII install (and also try the map there with fun).

Cheers :)

Thorsten

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2013, 02:47:27 PM »

I've done a lot more populating of the towns and villages.  Most are populated except for the very small villages and obscure places way out in the boondocks.  Pegu's city texture is changed (see below). 
A slight oversight on the 1942 map now has correct location of Sittang Bridge.
All this will be on the Final version of maps.
Pegu

farang65

• SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »

Looking forward to it CT  :D

Please put my house in Lamphun you know that little yellow dot between Chiang Mai and Lampang he he

In Lamphun there are also moats and brick walls similar to Chiang Mai. One major temple Wat Hari Punchai in the center.

Kirby

MR_G

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2013, 07:12:11 PM »

Adding the new Burma map was a snap. I'm just waiting for all the new mods, ships, and aircraft (along with the maps, of course) to be added in sfs files.

farang65

• SAS Team
  • Fortress Formosa
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »

Hi CT Lamphun had a small strip not as funky as your Lampang field just a small basic strip.

Kirby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 25 queries.