Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 101   Go Down

Author Topic: The Full Monty  (Read 310506 times)

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
Re: The Full Monty
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »

EDIT: I am an idiot, se below...

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »

I hate to be a naysayer here, and I definitely don't want to incur the wrath of any of the very hardworking people who create these wonderful mods, but I have downloaded the 1st part three times.  The first through speedyshare and twice through torrents, but my game will not fly with part one enabled.  It flies fine with either UP or DBW vanilla.

Is it at all possible that some of us who have downloaded and used many other mods are not hallucinating when we cannot get this to work?  I just tried it again with a new download of part one, I restarted my computer after enabling it, and still it crashed at 5%.  I would be grateful if someone wiser than me, could actually pursue this.  Am I alone in not getting past that percentage?  If so, I will beg your pardon and surrender, but I suspect that I am not the only one struggling.  And I would be so grateful for any assistance.
I don't regard you as a naysayer. Assuming your rig is OK and you actually ran DBW using the replacement #DBW that I took from my own VANILLA Install (and NOT simply over-writing the old one), then yes it does all work fine with just the first pack enabled.

Your problem, if I may say so, is more one of attitude.  Indeed you are not hallucinating, neither are the majority for whom TFM is working just fine. 

You have an error which is located in your initial DBW setup, despite your best efforts and those of others to help.  That is where you will find the obstacle, once you start focusing on the right place to look for it.

Learn to locate and read your log file, it sits in the main directory after a ctd.  Read it, maybe even post it here.

I understand your frustration and I am not asking for un-earned credibility:  If you can talk to me on Skype at the weekend (pm for details please) and can answer a few questions and compare setups, using the principles already described here, I can fix your DBW in around 30 minutes, then we will know what it was and can move forward.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2012, 04:11:19 PM »

A bit frustrated.  Here is where I am at:
- Installed 1946 to 4.10.1 stock = works
- Patch to UP3 R4 = works
- Remove UP3 mods via JSGME
- Copy over DBW_1.71_SuperInstall = works
- Remove all mods and copy everything over to a new "Monty" folder
- Rename #DBW files to #orgDBW, install #DBWClean and rename to #DBW
- Test that = get the stock load screen to 95% and it sits there until I kill it
- I also tested w/ that set-up loading DBW mods I like and then patch 01 = Exe "flashes" for a second and won't load
- Finally I tested w/ just patch 01 loaded = get the stock load screen to 95% and it sits there until I kill it

So...what am I missing here?

Thanks.

csvousden

« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »

Thanks Monty.  I didn't mean to be snide, and I really do love your work.  I am going to start from the very beginning and reinstall a fresh game from the disk and then work my way up.  Then if I can't get it going, I will be very grateful for further personal assitance.  I will try to correct it all myself first just to be sure I need that level of outside help.

C

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »

Ok Monty apologies but my last little bit was USER ERROR!!!
 ???
I know after making some and using THOUSANDS of mods over the course of several years I made an error!

The total modder takes a learning curve, but man it makes so much sense if you can de-program from using old methods.

I was mounting the mods in the wrong order:

Monty 1
Monty 2
Monty 3
Monty 13
Clean DBW

Correct order is
Monty 13
Monty 12
Monty 11
Monty 1
Clean DBW

And now it all works fine.

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2012, 04:22:22 PM »

A bit frustrated.  Here is where I am at:
- Installed 1946 to 4.10.1 stock = works
- Patch to UP3 R4 = works
- Remove UP3 mods via JSGME
- Copy over DBW_1.71_SuperInstall = works
- Remove all mods and copy everything over to a new "Monty" folder
- Rename #DBW files to #orgDBW, install #DBWClean and rename to #DBW
- Test that = get the stock load screen to 95% and it sits there until I kill it
- I also tested w/ that set-up loading DBW mods I like and then patch 01 = Exe "flashes" for a second and won't load
- Finally I tested w/ just patch 01 loaded = get the stock load screen to 95% and it sits there until I kill it

So...what am I missing here?

Thanks.
You haven't mentioned the SELECTOR, and you are doing a lot of un-necessary 'copying over'.  It really isn't that technical - I just remmed back to Monty-01 - AND BACK AGAIN - in about ten minutes, while looking at this thread, and launched four times in different setups, simply by re-naming folders rather than moving all the content around.

same deal as above: pm me for details.

If you don't have skype, but do have a mic, headphones and internet, then I recommend it, the program is free, as are the calls, hook up and check it out.

csvousden

« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »

Actually, I just saw something in your message that might be crucial:

You wrote: "... install #DBWClean and rename to #DBW."

I have been taking the #DBW folder out of the #DBWClean folder and replacing the original one with that. 
Are you suggesting that it should be
gamefolder/#DBW (renamed from #DBWClean)/#DBW
rather than
gamefolder/#DBW (extracted from #DBWClean) ?
I have not tried that.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:58 PM »

Actually, I just saw something in your message that might be crucial:

You wrote: "... install #DBWClean and rename to #DBW."

I have been taking the #DBW folder out of the #DBWClean folder and replacing the original one with that. 
Are you suggesting that it should be
gamefolder/#DBW (renamed from #DBWClean)/#DBW
rather than
gamefolder/#DBW (extracted from #DBWClean) ?
I have not tried that.

Glad you didn't do it that way because I did and it doesn't work.

So, DUH - I messed that up.  Just took the #DBW folder out of the DBW clean folder and that worked fine!  DBW loads.  I am now copying over my favorite DBW mods and Monty pack 01.

Fingers crossed.

Barkhorn1x

« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »

Well Monty pack 01 gets to 5% and then crashes.  Corrupted file?

Thanks.

flugkapitan

« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2012, 05:37:49 PM »

Same thing here - installed the Full Monty this weekend. Gets to 5%, then crashes. Not sure what is going on...

Comparing the sizes of the installed Full Monty files with the file sizes listed in the readme PDF a couple were just slightly smaller than the size that was listed. Not sure if that is the problem. Not sure why those couple were smaller in size.

Cheers,
Scott

Gerson

« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »

Hi Monty.
Sorry to bother you but I have some issues to solve.
First I was using MY clean Original #DBW folder and installed your packs.
Everything was fine untill pack number 11, after loading number 11 I had a 70% crash, probably because of a static.ini, technic.ini or chiefs.ini confict.
Then I unstalled everything and installed YOURS #DBW clean folder.
After that, the game crashes at 5%.
Then I realized that ours #DBW folders were different, in spite of mine is 100% vanilla.
I checked that YOURS has a bigger buttons size, bigger STD, XD , everything is bigger than mine.
My install is 100% Vanilla 1.71 DBW and works fine with my #DBW folder.
Any suggestions...
Thnks a lot.
Gerson

SAS~Monty27

• SAS Team
  • Action and Adventure!
    • SPEEDMACHINE
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »

Hi Monty.
Sorry to bother you but I have some issues to solve.
First I was using MY clean Original #DBW folder and installed your packs.
Everything was fine untill pack number 11, after loading number 11 I had a 70% crash, probably because of a static.ini, technic.ini or chiefs.ini confict.
Then I unstalled everything and installed YOURS #DBW clean folder.
After that, the game crashes at 5%.
Then I realized that ours #DBW folders were different, in spite of mine is 100% vanilla.
I checked that YOURS has a bigger buttons size, bigger STD, XD , everything is bigger than mine.
My install is 100% Vanilla 1.71 DBW and works fine with my #DBW folder.
Any suggestions...
Thnks a lot.
Gerson
These are the correct buttons - case closed...

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,97.0.html

Thanks Gerson, I think you have SOLVED the issue for everyone else here who is crashing at 5%.

With regard to #DBWClean - look at the folder structure - The #DBW is INSIDE the zipped folder -  What I mean is take the #DBW that is INSIDE the #DBWClean folder, called #DBW!  You will have to move your existing one out of the way ie, rename it.

Thanks Gerson, I think you have SOLVED the issue for everyone else here who is crashing at 5%.

https://www.mediafire.com/?dre4yd3jof79twc

Probably a matter of packaging - Here is AG-51 Hoss's VANILLA #DBW - Unzip good to go.

Buttons are irrelevant at this stage, although Monty Packs update your buttons anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 101   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 28 queries.