Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-work of Agracier/CzechTexan Viet Minh map.  (Read 9796 times)

Mission_bug

• Modder
Re: Re-work of Agracier/CzechTexan Viet Minh map.
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 01:02:03 PM »

Detailing Tong airfield is progressing, but slowly. ;)

Trying to replicate the detail in the photograph that Anatoli sent me.  This is a strange set up, it looks like
it started off as someones walled country estate and had a airfield added. ???

At the far end is what looks like a group of big houses, one alone and others forming a line from the hangers, I
cannot find anything yet that quite matches their size or look. :'(
The whole complex is surrounded by a wall, but certainly not the height of something you would see around a
castle.  I have had to use what I think are sea wall objects, nothing fits the tower structure so I used a gun
defensive object.
In the far corner are a few large building, almost like appartement blocks with around them what appears to be
a building site.  New accomodation for military personnel and their families maybe. :-\

Been playing about with a texture from the BTM_Pacific map to give the hills a better look, hope Mark doesn't mind:

Airborne view of the complex:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

Anatoli

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »

Mmmm...  :)

It looks good... It seems there will be new possibilities for a 1940 franco-thaï campaign ...  ;)

Good work !!

:)

Mission_bug

• Modder
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 02:24:45 PM »

Hello Anatoli, sorry I've not been in touch recently, didn't realise you had posted until the other night. ;)

There is now a new update posted in the first page that now includes Tong airfield.

The detail is not fully completed but I am not sure when or if I will get around to any further work on this so I leave Tong and Lang Son
to the mercy of the mission builders. :D  The texture work I hinted at in a previous post will not proceed for reasons I have touched on before so this is left as was using a few of my Soth Vietnam textures.

Tong airfield as it is in the upload:

This may be the last update I post so if anyone wishes to continue with it please do.

I feel I have now completed the additions I set out to do so the map is finished as far as those intentions are concerned, however, if anyone wishes to add further detail please put it into a mission file and send me the link, I will gladly add the building detail for you if you cannot.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. ;D

CzechTexan

• Modder
  • TEXAS, USA
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2016, 11:07:32 PM »

I have been tweaking Mission_bug's version of this Vietminh map to my desire.  I've added more 3d trees to the jungles and mountain areas and altered the textures, although most of them are Mission_bug's but just have the colors altered to my please my eye. 

If anyone has populated this map further than what Mission_bug has done then I'd like add that.  Please let me know.  I'll give credit, of course.

The most important thing I need done - is to change the airfield plates from "ground" to "Pac_grPlate".  The original version used the DBW airfield plates that were brown...at least that's what my DBW had.  It seems all "ground" plates now are the greenish-grass looking plates.  I'd like to have them as more brownish to resemble dirt.
But...I cannot figure out how to change the plates!

Could someone be kind enough to change the plates and send me the Actors file? 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.