Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: La-5FN Test by germans (For FM check comparison)  (Read 11092 times)

Paulo Hirth

• MOD is Life!

X-Raptor

Re: La-5FN Test by germans (For FM check comparison)
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »

Yes ..and I also start a petition to correct FM of some Soviet planes (La 5- Lagg - Yaks) that are STILL UBER MODELLED.
Please some of FM modder will give us a more CORRECT toned down FM of this planes?.

NS~mati140

• #27 of the New Squadron (NS)
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:09:20 PM »

Yea, I wonder why noone made FM mod for OP Lavochkins yet. La-7 is just f**king X-wing fighter in this game. It's almost as über as... well, nothing's more über than Gerd's Yukikaze... anyway, La-7 is the most OP propeller, it's FM is almost godlike, even some jets don't stand a chance against it. No one makes me believe that it flied like this IRL (just as noone makes me believe that Oleg isn't even a bit of communist, if I recall what clear FB looked like - why OP Soviet planes, UP US planes and war starting in 1941 otherwise?)

BTW, is it actually possible to modify FMs of stock planes?

Ass Eagle

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 01:32:07 PM »

Yes I notice too.. VVS planes in this game is almost God-like. I unload all MG131 bullets and Mg151/20 shells into Jak-9.. result, Jak-9 still flying and evading and shooting with God-like precission.. I mean, what the hell? Very unrealistic.

Bombnick

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 01:56:58 PM »

Seriously now, am I the only one that finds Soviet fighters a relative easy prey and generally underdogs or at least on par with blue fighters? (G6 vs Yak-9/1b and La-5 is a glaring exception)

Surely you aren't allowing them to suck you into the only game they are distinctively better at - dogfighting at low altitudes (and 1 v 1 on top of that), are you?

X-Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »

It's really a mistery why no one has yet corrected uber soviet planes. Even in "unofficial" patch/modpack  like UP or HFSX or DBW,,,

Ass Eagle

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 03:21:57 PM »

Seriously now, am I the only one that finds Soviet fighters a relative easy prey and generally underdogs or at least on par with blue fighters? (G6 vs Yak-9/1b and La-5 is a glaring exception)

Surely you aren't allowing them to suck you into the only game they are distinctively better at - dogfighting at low altitudes (and 1 v 1 on top of that), are you?
Oh I doing it right, my biggest headache is Spitfire Mk.XIV CCR, vastly superior to Jak-9 or any LA-series, and I can shoot down no problem. I can get on Jak-9/LA-7 deadman 6 no problem, even at low altitude, there evasive manuver & abillity to absorb hits is totally unrealistic.

Far77

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 09:14:36 PM »

The situation is that Oleg used so called "etalon" =standard/reference flight data. The data was obtained with test airplanes which were rather well-produced. But real productional (in the Soviet aviational factories) airplanes were much worse due to low qualification etc. of workers.

But to say in defense of Oleg  - in some cases he had to reject the test-flight data, as for example, the test copy of La-7 reached about 630 kph near the ground. (Oleg accept 600 kph which was closer to the productional copies).

Low quality of productional planes was a big problem for the Soviet aviation during the WW2 (including a lot of serious and even dangerous defects, etc.).

Ass Eagle

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »

Of course, like LaGG stood for lakirovanny garantirovanny grob "(the) varnished guaranteed coffin" as VVS pilots called them.
Still I read Jagdgeschwader diaries that mention LA-7, not to impressive by themsleves.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 09:58:22 PM »

Of course, like LaGG stood for lakirovanny garantirovanny grob "(the) varnished guaranteed coffin" as VVS pilots called them.
Still I read Jagdgeschwader diaries that mention LA-7, not to impressive by themsleves.
I always liked the Soviet opinion of the 190D-9:
"It burned as well as other aircraft, and was easier to hit."
LOL!

Paulo Hirth

• MOD is Life!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 09:31:29 PM »

We need a expert for do a optional FM with all that book data, lets try it, realism worth.
 Is there a FM tutorial? let me learn to do.

Sillius_Sodus

• Missioneer
  • Flying online as =CFC=Conky
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »

Oh dear, not this again... ;)

The VVS aircraft are good, but not invincible. The ai can pretty much excel in everything so they don't count. Human players are a different story. A new player in an La-7 will not necessarily do well against an experience person flying a lesser aircraft, if you don't believe me try flying that -5 or -7 on a sever populated with experienced 109 drivers....not pretty :D. On servers that don't use historical plane sets, you'll often see everybody in either an La-7 or a Spit 25lb because if you fly them long enough, you will be pretty much untouchable because irl those two aircraft were very, very good.

As a previous poster noted, if you are flying against the VVS, you'll generally do better above 4000m or using BnZ flying, don't forget, the VVS kites break up at relatively low speed compared to, say, an FW190 or Jug.

That said, if the friendly ai was better at team tactics and cover, it would be a lot more fun to fly offline against the VVS if they are set at anything above average.

Good hunting!
Suivez les conseils de Bison Bourré, foncez!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 28 queries.