Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blenheim Sarja I - "Talvisota" - Ready to DL  (Read 34282 times)

Dreamk

• Modder
Blenheim Sarja I - "Talvisota" - Ready to DL
« on: August 28, 2012, 05:26:58 AM »

Well, As the Finnish theater begins to become a little more "populated", let's go on a little with this "Talvisota pack" - I always had a weakness for the Bleinheim, a plane grossly under-evaluated and somehow repesented in Il2, quite under its real capacities. This plane served faithfully from the Finnish Snows to the skies of Africa till the massive arrival of US made bombers made it definitively obsolete. The Blenheim delivered to the Fins at the beginning of the Winter war could not take in its bomb bay  the Finnish racks and bombs, so they adapted them externally, putting down the bomb bay doors. Afdter these first Blenheims ("Sarja 1") Finnish Produced Blenheim had a bomb bay lenghtened by about 30cm in the pilot direction in order to cope with this problem
BTW these bomb bays are not correctly represented in Il2: there was no such thing as "open bomb bay doors" on the Blenheim, as these doors were spring operated and opened under the weight of the bomb dropped. Therefore when SBC were loaded on RAF planes, the corresponding bomb bay doors were taken out - inner dors if 2SBc configuration, inner and outer doors if 4 SBC taken, as the small weight bombs could not activate correctyly these doors (there is a fantastic clip on Ytube showing these doors in action).
So here is the Blenheim Sarja 1 - on the basis of the Il2 core planes and Tryl's cockpits, with Full British and Finnish armament arrays, including skis, but also fully functional inner wing bomb bays (for some reason forgotten by Oleg - they were systematically used by the Fins and each could take 4 small bombs, not 2 as often written mistakenly).

You'll need of course the British and Finnish bomb packs installed for these planes
As usual, the bomb bay door arrays will display correctly in game though not always so on the QMB screen.
Download links:

https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o9ks97gwkhisf3f

British Bombs
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?d49oeea8u37cofk

British Bombs Addenda
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s19k841f5yyi937

Finnish Bombs
https://www.mediafire.com/?kvl4sbngsr6tdtv

And a bonus:
For those who use to fly on the Night Fighter version Blenheim 1F, here's a fix by Epervier to solve the compatibility problem of Tryl's cokpit with this version.
Fix_Blenheim_MkIF.7z
https://www.mediafire.com/?493f5b1s99c5b6m

air.ini
BlenheimS1    air.BlenheimS1  NOINFO f01 WINTER

plane_ru.properties

BlenheimS1            Blenheim Sarja I, 1939

weapons_ru.properties

####################################################################
# BlenheimS1
#####################################################################
BlenheimS1.default                                                Default
BlenheimS1.2x500lbs                                  2 500lbs HE
BlenheimS1.4x250lbs              4 250lbs HE
BlenheimS1.4x250lbs+8x40lbsF                4 250lbs HE + 8 40lbs Frag MkIII
BlenheimS1.4x120lbs+8x40lbsPara                     4 120lbs HE + 8 40lbs Frag Para MkIII
BlenheimS1.4x250lbs+8x30lbsInc                        4 250lbs HE + 8 30lbs Incendiary
BlenheimS1.2xSBC250_20lbsPara+2x250lbs+8x30lbsInc 2 250lbs HE + 2xSBC250 (20lbs Para) +8x30lbs Incendiary
BlenheimS1.4xSBC250_20lbs+8x30lbsInc      4 SBC250 (20lbs Para) +8 30lbs Incendiary
BlenheimS1.8x50m30+8x25m30                                  8 50kg m30 + 8 25kg m30 (Tolfvan)
BlenheimS1.8x50m37+8x12m30Inc                     8 50kg m37 + 8 12kg m30 Incendiary (Tolfvan)
BlenheimS1.8x100m30+8x15m30Inc                     8 100kg m30 + 8 15kg m30 Incendiary (Tolfvan)
BlenheimS1.8x100m37+8x15m30Inc                            8 100kg m37 + 8 15kg m30 Incendiary (Tolfvan)
BlenheimS1.4x100m38+4x50m38+8x15m30Inc 4 100kg m38 + 4 50kg m38 +8x15kg m30 Incendiary (Tolfvan)
BlenheimS1.2x250m37+4x100m38                                      2 250kg m37 + 4 100kg m38 (Tolfvan)
BlenheimS1.none                                                                 Empty

Credits:
3d Modifications, Java Files, FM: Dreamk
Cockpit: Tryl
Quality control process: Epervier
And thanks to Spotter an Tmine35 for the most valuable info they sent me about Finnish Bombs

This mod is for 4.10 and has been tested on SAS modact and DBW 1.7
This package is freeware.
This software may be freely used, copied and distributed with the following restrictions:
1) the present post must be included as a "Readme" text file.
2) DO NOT place these files anywhere that requires a fee for downloading.
3) DO NOT place any of these files in any commercial package or any CD collection without the authors consent.

Theses files should not cause any problems with your computer, but we accept no responsibility if you think it does.

Thanks to Oleg Maddox and Qtim for creating Il2 and opening the gates to Mod creation, to Kumpel for his matrix tool, and thanks to SAS for enabling modders to share their knowledge on Il2 modding.
                                Create!

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
Re: Blenheim Sarja I - "Talvisota" - Ready to DL
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 06:11:00 AM »

Is there any possibility to have a version that uses the later cockpit of HSFX or DBW based on Ranwers' Mk.IV cockpit with new nose 3D? I think that Tyrl's repainted Pe-2 cockpit is a bit outdated now that a more realistic cockpit is available.

I'm also getting invalid or deleted file currently, so I hope the download link is fixed or is there some update process going on?

Anyway, great work with all these new "Talvisota" planes! I hope we can get the really important radial-engined two-seater Fokkers some day in Fokker C.X update.

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 06:21:35 AM »

More realistic it is true ... but not nearly as enjoyable to watch with dials non-operational (UP3/DBW-HSFX6).
Personally and after testing different cockpits, I much prefer to fly with cockpits Tyrl.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Dreamk

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:31:13 AM »

Download Link corrected for the Bleinheim Sarja I (also in the first post)
https://www.mediafire.com/download.php?o9ks97gwkhisf3f

The Finnish Fokker CX Pegasus....to tell the whole truth, I planned to upload it today, but Archie could not finish the skins in time due to Real Life priorities, so we'll wait a few more days for it :) - (I use to upload only after a basic template and skins package is ready to be uplaoded immediately after the mod is loaded). Till then, maube there is another goodie on its way  ;)

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:04:29 AM »

Great news about the Fokker C.X! After she arrives we have all significant fighters and bombers for Finnish Air Force for both wars. Then maybe Fokker C.V and Westland Lysander could be useful as important liason planes, but that is not so urgent since many other countries also have their liasons missing currently.

Thanks a lot for this great "Talvisota" update! Thanks to it we Finns can now finally play realistic Winter War missions with pretty much complete planeset.

Hangman

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 08:30:30 AM »

I really agree with you Birdman it's nice that those Talvisota era planes get attention what they deserve

Mad026

• Modder
  • F.A.C. Tailnumber 26
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »

I agree with Birdman too, It would be a sollution that upload two version of this plane, one of the two would be the pe-2 cockpit version, and thi other one would be with the realistic cockpit. I think this would be good for everyone! ;)

Spitwulf

• Modder
  • NEC IN SOMNO QUIES
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »

Wow, unespected surprise! Thanks!

Gaston

• Modder
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 02:11:15 PM »

By the way, Birdman... where is this famous Blenheim MkI cockpit you talk about available ? I can't find it anywhere...

Flying H

• "And you can fly, high as a kite if you want to..
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »

The fins also used the He 115 to transport their ranger groups deep into the russian wilderness for sabotage and reconnisance operations, is ther a chance to get the He 115 in the future? It was extensivly used along the norwegian coast too and a few were used by the SwAF. It was also used to drop mines along the british coast in the beginning of the war so it would be useful in game.
And you can fly, high as a kite, if you want to.........

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »

WOW! Interesting New Mod-Airplane Bomber  8) I never heard of this version. I am not too
familiar with the Blenheim family of bombers, so this is great to know.
THANKS!
Thank you to all involved in this project!
CHEERS!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Mad026

• Modder
  • F.A.C. Tailnumber 26
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »

By the way, Birdman... where is this famous Blenheim MkI cockpit you talk about available ? I can't find it anywhere...

Its originally in DBW 1.71!!!!  And  I remember same days it was in the cockpits topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 26 queries.