Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Stuka...!!'  (Read 9405 times)

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
Re: 'Stuka...!!'
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 05:47:58 PM »

I got the download to work now
Thank you Cheruskerarmin. Great Art!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

Checkyersix

• Modder
  • Dr. Frankenplane
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 06:30:17 PM »

Just wondering about those pix, the ships seem to be turning - is that just from the waypoints in the mission or is there a new AI mod that does that?

CY6.

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 12:39:43 AM »

A&A link now working...

cheruskerarmin

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »

Sorry i got troubles with uploading, new passwords, server names
etc. But it should work correctly inbetween. Sorry for any inconvenience !

ATB
Armin

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 01:24:43 AM »

Just download without problem, thanks, very nice

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 02:53:49 AM »

Thanks Dude.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

slipper

• Modder
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 02:59:55 AM »

Great skins cheruskerarmin, thanks very much i have all your released skins, i'm a big fan.

CY6, i believe the ships turning are just following waypoints, it can be set up in the FMB. The problem is they sort of travel sideways as though skidding when they turn, and the wake behind them does not follow a gentle curve but a sharp angle, does not look to realistic.

I may be wrong, hope i am.

cheers

slipper

cheruskerarmin

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 06:31:47 AM »

Thank you very much for your kind comments! The history of WWII and the luftwaffe in WWII is a hobby since i was a child and it is a great pleasure to skin these birds as best i am able to do.
Seeing my skins are liked by many is of course encouraging me to carry on. Therefore a lot of thanks to each one who replied to this thread or gave comments in other forums.
Nothing is more discouraging than a lack of feedback.

A good opportunity now to mention credits publically:

In first place i have to thank a lot to vpmedia who offered me his nonpublic D-3 template to work with. It turned out to be an excellent base to start from. Overworking and merging it with parts of Emel's B-2 template and the A&A template, mainly built together by Rock and Phas3e, as well with bits of Sparty's old but wellmade one and stencils once created by skuli_thor it saved me a lot of time which could be spent in creating the excessive number of camo and weathering layers. Some 3D effects were originally made by FBS. Finally the style the areas around the canopy were done was
inspired much by the stukas of Pegase, which impressed me much regarding exactly this. The excellent preworks of those guys made these skins possible.

As you know by me i'm a penible researcher but what would i be without the experts of the Luftwaffe Experten Message Board. Especially Chris Simmonds (Hurricane) helped a lot to get together
those rare original pics which served as the base for these skins. So thanks a lot to these guys. More sources are mentioned in the word-file which is part of the archive.

Finally i have to say these stukas proofed to be my toughest skinning job so far. Whoever made stuka skins before will agree due to the awkward mapping of the complete nose area. Adapting
all those camo, weathering and lighting layers to appear well without showing seams was a thing taking the most time of the whole job.

Maybe the heavy weathering isn't the taste of everyone - but honestly i'm really proud of the results now.

ATB
Armin

P.S.: the ships were just follwing their waypoints, no secret tricks here.

pippin

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »

WOW an amzing set of skins and I love the weathering on these planes. Many thanks Im a bit late to get these but I m glad they are still here.
                                                                 Ian

Schlageter1

• Infowars
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »

These were very much needed! I just started flying Stukas again after a lengthy hiatus, and I realized I'd forgotten how much fun they were. But they're no fun without realistic skins, and these beauties certainly fit the bill! Thanks a million!

rhinofilms

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 11:01:08 PM »

Are the skins hi-res? The weathering looks absolutely real.  Great detail!

cheruskerarmin

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 06:11:59 AM »

Thanks for the latest comments here and i can assure you - no these aren't hi-res, not imitated hi res or anything that way ;) . Simply 1024 to 1024. I'm happy they are still liked by
some people - inspite of this big hype around high res skins.
Due to real life my time for skinning is much limited at the moment. Therefore i'm happy to present 'ordinary' skins from time to time - useable/compatible for the majority of Il-players.

ATB
Armin     
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.