Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: F9F,F-86 ckpits FR gag, slideshow?  (Read 1752 times)

Sleepingdragon

F9F,F-86 ckpits FR gag, slideshow?
« on: August 10, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »

Has any1 had frame rate problems with the cockpits of the F9F and F-86 series? No other AC does this so far, and it only happens when the instrument panel is in the frame. The internal cockpt view is ok as long as I don't look at the instrument panel, at wich time it becomes a slide show, about a frame every 15 to 20 seconds. It's that bad.

I have no such promblem wiht the F-84, Mig-15, or anything else that ive flown (had the sim since it came out yrs ago), and my 3 yr old cmoputer has two AMD processors, an advanced graphics card, and 2 gig of RAM, which has allowed me to run at high settings or have alot of activity going on at smooth rates that gag other computers (i used to fly online alot).

The Mig-15,17, and F-84 have no swuch problem and run smooth. Also, when in the F-86 the external view runs fine as does hte F9F, but the F-86 external wants to gag just a bit, and sounds like its trying to repeat itself wiht with a clicking noise. This has not happened with any other planes, alhtough i havent flown all the mod stuff yet (but have most of them).

Upgrading isnt an option at the present time, as this outfit has done quite well until I looked at the instrument panels of both those jets.

Has there been a problem wiht this, or an update? I searched but found no mention of it here or any other site, including the UP site itself, and nobody has responded. So I assume that it may be unique to me, or everybody has surplus NASA computers from retired space shuttles. Thanx.

And thanx for the work that went into these machines :-*. I can only use them as AI right now though.  :(

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
Re: F9F,F-86 ckpits FR gag, slideshow?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »

Nasa computers from retired space shuttles have less computing power than you have.

but yes, it is an issue with some PCs not being able to handle the cpockpits... if i recall correctly, a texture size problem using a LOT of memory.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PM »

Yes these in particular are hugein regard to texture size I believe. Your not the first with these issues!

Sleepingdragon

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 09:04:48 AM »

Thanx for the response guys.....I was wondering if I had gone into sim twilight zone (picture BW Rod Serling with cigarette in corner).

I really hope the developers can adjust taht a bit, as these are great machines and have tremendous potential. I'm kinda amazed that nobody has done anything about it yet, since these AC are so popular and historical. I'm not too keen on flying w/o cockpits on. The Migs and other AC have very complicated cockpts and run fine, so I hope somebody who really likes these machines can find the time to correct that; they are such amazing pieces of work. I liike the F-84, but it can't begin to compete wiht the Mig, although I did shoot one down with a lucky burst. I think hte performance may be just a bit optomistic as well, but I still love these things.

Evn if your computer can handle them, the resources they take up limits the scenarios for FMB guys like myself.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »

I extracted these for you from DBW, because they seem to be reduced in size:
http://www.vpmedia.eu/il2/zip/DBW_1.71_F-86 cockpit textures.rar

CWatson

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 05:03:36 PM »

I extracted these for you from DBW, because they seem to be reduced in size:
http://www.vpmedia.eu/il2/zip/DBW_1.71_F-86 cockpit textures.rar

I would like to thank you for going through the trouble of doing that, I have the same issue with these cockpits.

However when I click on the link I just get a black page with a vpmedia logo at the top left corner.

Thanks,
           CW

ETA- Link is working now, Thank You!!!!

Sleepingdragon

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »

VP comes to the rescue as usual. EDIT: I guess I can try to transfer such from DBW's F9F as well,once I get DBW installed (still working on a new stock 411 install with gremlins doing odd stuff) if I can get it right. Lots of stuff in there. :o I'll settle for just substituting an F-86 ckpit if I have to, if I can ever figure out how to do that. Thanx for doing this.

The Virtual VVS is now very worried, and I don't have to fly for the commies all the time now.  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.