Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Dynamic Westfront (ETO) campaign for HSFX 6 - update *30/06/2013*  (Read 61073 times)

Boelcke

Re: Dynamic Westfront (ETO) campaign for Il2 4.11 and HSFX 6.01 available
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 01:09:35 PM »

Hi!

Congratulations, excelent work!

Please help me, I dont know were and how to set this:

[DGen]
RandomFlights=3
HistoricalRanks=1
NoAirfieldHighlight=1
MaxFLAK=40
MissionDistance=75
MaxBomberSkill=0

Thanks!

check the conf.ini in IL 2 root folder, if there is a [DGEN] section existant, if yes add the lines above into it - if not copy and paste it all into the conf.ini

concerning the mossiondistance, you can set values up to 300 according to your taste - i like the short distance like 75 km to have quick action

tinfish

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »

@Gaston: Looks like you're missing some message files according to the error.log file, check these files and install them into the DGEN folder:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=2615

these files often solved problems in the past

@Gunny, pleae try also these files posted above, i assume you may have the same problem,

if not, it can also be a problem with the british ranks and medals, try this:

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=629

should solve your problem

I had this "Beep" and installing the download from link 1 fixed it, however upon choosing a Spitfire F1 1939* campaign my pc froze.
I exited with CTRL+ALT+DEL and tried again, this time with a Hurricane (default choice in the fake war) this worked instantly.
I exited that and tried the Spitfire F1 1939* again, this time it said "this campaign already exists" It doesn't however :) As my career screen was blank, there were no existing campaigns.

I chose overwrite, yet again the PC froze, it seems to be a problem with the Spitfire F1 1939*.

Would you know what the issue could be?
Incase it makes any difference, my Ranks and Medal names are in Russian in the RAF campaigns (they are English everywhere else.)

Edit, bit late so I will have to be more precise tomorow, but it seems to crash D-gen each time I try a mod spitfire campaign, late versions that I think are Madox models, let me have a Spitfire campaign, the others from 1939-1940 crash the game for me.

Just noticed this, it is the only Error file I have for Dgen.

= DGen 4.0.8.6 (17/04/08) =
seed: 54528402
DGen initialization. Side: gb, Rank: 0
MaxBomberSkill=3
Distance=Any
Length=VeryLong
AI=Normal
Missions=Normal
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=Medium
SlowFire=5.0
PromotionRate=1.000000
Career ID: Gb5
Normandy:France40
Inherits France40
ReadDB sorties:1

PlayerWing found:RAF_No003SQN
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No001SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No003SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No081SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No087SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): NN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG26 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG2 0 00
TestWing(f,s): II_JG2 0 00
TestWing(f,s): III_JG2 0 00
TestWing(f,s): II_JG2 0 00
Blue skill set: 5 30 30
Red skill set: 8 40 40
TestWing(f,s): I_JG27 0 00
TestWing(f,s): I_JG5_3 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No087SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No091SQN 0 00
TestWing(f,s): RAF_No003SQN 0 00
Inherits operations from DGen\ops_WFFrance1940.dat
Groups Y, U or Z not specified - line ignored

Dangerous areas
Red:2 Blue:4
Can't open Message file DGen\GB_MessageRu.dat

Boelcke

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 12:11:42 AM »

The error file says that you´re missing the message file called GB_MessageRu.dat - check if it exsits in the DGEN folder - but it looks like you have some serious problems with your install.

I think the only way to solve the problems is to reinstall the game and HSFX from scratch.

tinfish

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 04:22:47 AM »

It is there.

Well, since last night I have changed 2 things, I fixed the naming of ranks in Russian instead of English and I added your skin packs.
Now it works... very weird :)

Wow, I played my first mission, 10 RAF planes lost for 1 German 109. And that was due to a collision.
I'm amazed anyone made it home from any mission given the difference between the early Hurricane and the 109's.

Thanks for the campaign! It is much more enjoyable than the default Dgen stuff imo. Even if my poor RAF doesn't stand a chance :D

Boelcke

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »

Thanks for the campaign! It is much more enjoyable than the default Dgen stuff imo. Even if my poor RAF doesn't stand a chance :D

this will change in the war time, the late war parts are much more enjoyable for allied pilots

tinfish

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:16 AM »

Can AI difficulty be reduced in Dgen?

I cannot compete with anything in here I am afraid :)
I switched sides to try the clearly superiour 109s which shoot down 100% of Hurricanes in every RAF mission, now the RAF planes are 100 times better than a 109, all of which are shot down by the RAF Hurricanes that outperform the 109 in every way *sigh*

Boelcke

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »

check this guide how to tweak your dgen campaigns according to your taste:

http://www.axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1539

tinfish

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 11:48:36 AM »

Thank you once more!

I am still playing yours, although I am struggling :) My last mission was a turbulance nightmare hehe, at least I am surviving my landings now.

I like the detail on the maps, the  nature of the missions and variety, I haven't encountered any real bugs.

One or two missions have the age old "follow waypoints into mountain" problem that has been around since day one, but they seem very rare.
I will have a nose around the link you gave me, see if I cannot get that into my conf.ini and improve my lot in life.

DD_BadAim

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »

Tin, I'm not sure how experienced you are, or how much you've flown with the 4.11 AI, but suffice it to say they are serious ass-kickers. It's even worse when the mission builder is good at building missions and getting the most out of the AI (MMM, maybe someone like Bolke?). I know it can suck, but fighting these guys will make you a much better pilot. The best way to deal with the AI in 4.11 is to get online and fly in close cooperation with a live plot who is much better than you are, that way he can keep your tail clean while you fight. 8)

I wrote the above kind of tongue in cheek, but, seriously it's hard to tell the AI from the live pilots sometimes now, they're that good  ???.

Boelcke

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »

... getting the most out of the AI ...

good point DD_BadAim, i usualy trying to create a challanging environement and always adding a large number of veteran pilots to the missions/campaigns - the reason is that i was always bored from the stock and dgen campaigns and the payware addon dgen campaigns

tinfish

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 02:39:08 AM »

I just need to get the hang of these aircraft more than anything, my gunnery is not up to much right now, but in the Spitfire F1, I scored a few kills without too much effort against a 109 and a 110, neither of which I can catch in the Hurricane. I didn't realise i was nuking the engine in the ME109 D either. Nonetheless, it is a lot of fun, even if I do keep crashing lol. I am not sure how wildly flight models changed in the time I have been away, but slowly I am getting there. Chasing the Dornier-17 is kinda amusing in the Hurricane too, seems to take my whole flight to bring one down, roll on cannons!

Did the whole online thing for around 4-5 years I think, not sure I can be bothered anymore, don't know many people that play Il2 these days.

tinfish

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 06:44:35 PM »

Went back to the early Hurricane and decided to stick with it. Having a lot of fun!

Not setting the world alight however :)
Mission one, pulled down below the clouds into darkness and turbulance, I thought I was behind a 109E, turns out he was comming at me head on :(
With one less wing I bailed out and claimed my first kill *cough*.

Mission 2, I tried some mad manouvers to line up on a Dornier without being killed by the snipers railgun, thought I pulled it off too! Unfortunatly I gave the sniper 1 millionth of a second to shoot and bailed out as my engine burst into flames. Typically the second I hit Bail, the fire went out :)

Wont ever know how, but the following mission I took a flap and the entire right engine from a D-17 and claimed my first "proper" kill.
Since then I bagged a few more, few to right home about other than a 109E which I engaged with about 33 rounds left and I killed the pilot, was the first time I bagged 2 in a mission aswell.

Knocked a few more 109s, a couple of Stukas and some  110's down since.

Now our squadron is down to 7 planes :( I guess my landings don't help there lol.

Just two questions.
The date shows 42. I started in 39 and we have the same aircraft and are in the same war, is this down to the map being used?

I can't find "squadron documents" which is a nice way to track what you get up to in the default campaigns, is this something you are able to alter in your campaign?

Either way, this is immense fun! Will stick with it and see what happens, I don't remember what happens when combat ready planes run out, or if the war will ever switch to the next "stage" which is Blitzkrieg iirc.   I am however looking forward to finding out :D

Thanks for the campaign. S!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 26 queries.