Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing Icons in Screenshots?  (Read 3515 times)

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Removing Icons in Screenshots?
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 02:20:52 AM »

maybe just a decent pair of prescription glasses will go a long way to helping you, mate. ;)
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

juanmalapuente

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 02:36:45 AM »

Jokes aside, I understand Pixy's complaint. Contrast in this game graphics is really low, you always get a shiny quite flat image. Besides, many planes dissappear as you're closing them to reappear when you're much closer. In many cases, evading maneouvres occur while invisible.  ??? That's a huge problem of some mods.
The visibility of planes at long distances is lower than in reality. You can see most of them as a small dot until you close them and suddendly, they pop to a larger size.
I play with no icons, but use them when trying missions, skins or whatsoever to save valuable time. Anyway, Pixy, that was the point of camouflage: to make detection harder and to get enemy lost.  ;D You can use only shiny red skins for enemy planes, instead icons.  ;D ;D

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 08:37:13 AM »

As I said before, it's just a matter of training.
You will notice a different pixel in the airplane and this pixel will tell you if it is an enemy or not. ;)
But I'm not trying to change anything, each one likes what he likes and you don't need training if you don't want to, it's only a matter of fun, if you enjoy your flying this is what matters most. :)

santobr.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »

yes, of course, guys are free to play however they prefer, which is what it's all about...freedom of choice.
do try, however, when posting screenshots, not to have icons on. it really spoils an otherwise nice picture. (not aimed at Pixy here, but everyone in general :D)

Stratodog

• Slightly hypoxic
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:44:05 AM »

well, i guess i could understand using limited icons, and by that i mean just the little triangle around a plane, but as for the text saying what kind of plane it is, and how far.....
total immersion-killer for me. i'd rather play pac-man. :D

Aircraft type is the thing that really bugs me.  In R/L I can tell the difference (for example) between a Mooney and a Beech bonanza from a couple of miles away.  No problem.  In this game I can't tell if it's a Zero or a Corsair until I'm about 1 km.  It goes from a dot to a blob to an airplane shaped object to, oh that's what it is.  So that's why I only use aircraft type and I use it at 3km, because for me, not being able to identify something that I should be able to see clearly is a massive immersion killer.

Just the flip side of the coin I guess. :)

Oh yeah, to get back on subject.  That mod you posted, Malone, works great and I use it all the time during ntrk playback.  Makes for some nice clean screenies.

too-cool

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »

As I said before, it's just a matter of training.
You will notice a different pixel in the airplane and this pixel will tell you if it is an enemy or not. ;)But I'm not trying to change anything, each one likes what he likes and you don't need training if you don't want to, it's only a matter of fun, if you enjoy your flying this is what matters most. :)

santobr.
??  TC

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 11:04:36 PM »

TC, i think that sentence is meant to be taken with a healthy pinch of salt - a bit of humour...;)

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 03:41:54 AM »

6 or 8 months ago i still flew with arcade settings...a switch here, a switch there...and then I said to myself, lets try to really play this game :) I turned all the lights on, and after that I had a really hard week while flying...i got shotdown, lost, crashed, all the stuff that shoudnt happen. But then I got used. It wasnt easier, of course. But it made me feel like a RL pilot...even if i have no idea how that feeling is, lol.

even if spotting other planes, or identifying them, is harder for us, we dont have a lot of things to monitor that the real pilots have/had. So it feels like a compensation, as we can spend more time looking around. And I never had any problem spotting planes, except in a dogfight close to the ground, when the enemy hit the deck...

believe me pixy, after some time you'll get used to it, and santobr said, you will hate them...they just spoil the immersion.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 20 queries.