Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ju-188A beta v1.1  (Read 68946 times)

Vascrats

Re: Ju-188A beta v1.1
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2020, 07:02:56 AM »

I use to play IL2 and PF all the time many years ago. I am a JU188 fan and repurchased the game when I saw this model. Of course the model led me to the SAS site but just a few days ago. Since then I have spent hours and hours of time trying to become more familiar with all of the mods and options here and it is mind numbing! haha. I have a general grasp on the key points I feel, but can't say for sure. All I know is I was able to take my 2 CDs and end up with a no CD needed version of what my screen says is "UP 3.0 RC4 (Based on 4.10.1m patch)". I have also made a separate install of the same but with DBW on top. I am keeping the two as while the DBW option in the selector works, the UP 3 option has a CTD at 60% now. Fortunately I had a backup and am just as happy having two installs depending on what I want. Just a little of my history before asking my question. lol

Let's just refer to my UP install. I was able to get the JU188 installed and flyable!  My main question is similar to what I have seen some people ask previously in this thread but don't recall seeing anything firm on this. The pilot position/cockpit view is wonderful, but when I switch positions, it seems to give a combo of JU188 and JU88 (in bomber position), or straight up JU88 (from what I can tell). I was just wondering if those positions have been modeled yet, and if so, how do I get them into my UP 3.0 RC4 (4.10.1m)? Still seems odd the bomber position would be a combo of images... but again, shiny new to all this.  :P

Please be gentle as I am just days new to all of this and have tried to do my homework.
Best regards,
Phillip

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2020, 11:07:24 PM »

WELCOME sir !

Your double-show views are NORMAL. Here is why:

...quite often cockpits dedicated to an aircraft are few.

So, to rush into a FLYABLE version of a mod, the closest PIT available to the desirable cockpit is sometime used, kind of "in a franken way".

The pit fits into a PLANE-NOT-TO-BE-SEEN bubble, with the external plane being seen from the pit-pos at some distance, outside the empty air bubble.

Either the pit is small inside a big bubble: then external parts of the plane must be created/introduced to fill the gaps... ( inserts ).
( Here the main pit seems dedicated, with engines seen being cockpit parts; however the other positions-pits are imports from Ju-88 ).
...or the pit is large in a small bubble with no need to insert external parts, BUT...
.. as a result BOTH real external cockpit frames as well as the INTERNAL frames provided by the cockpit are seen at the same time.
To sum it up: plane is a mod, cockpit is a mod; both must be merged and matched into a perfect internal view of the outside world.

I hope that's make sense to you.

Sometime having a flyable is better then lacking the non existing perfectly exact suitable cockpit. ( i.e. AI only ).

PS: .. I remember having few problems to run UP3 after running DBW, and recall that a key important file must be pulled in or out USING the JSGME...
...been a long time since I used these so check it out in the JSGME options.  [   ...edit;  i.e.:  #UP#_Enable_UP3.0     ]

Kind of very scarce on time right now, so I wont be able to chat much more.

Good luck!.

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2020, 06:45:58 PM »

...for 412 users:

For Bomb Site: see post #142 page 12.

Today:
I was about to fly a very long mission and realize I had no seat.
So I borrowed Gunther's BV-141 seats. He can thank me later for having to fly shorter missions.
I also had to clean up my windshield a bit.

Anyone want these ?

Vascrats

« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2020, 04:26:33 PM »

Thank you so much for the detailed description! I just wanted to be sure I was getting the most out of that great model as I could.  I appreciate your time!
I'd ask you to share what you came up with to improve things, but I'd probably have no idea how to install them properly. lol

Hubberranz

• Modder

ta183

« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2020, 02:40:04 PM »

Hi! i tried to download the mod but it seems that the link does not work...
are there other links for downloading?
PS:i have IL-2 1946 4.12 +UP3

Stainless

• Modder
« Reply #198 on: November 27, 2020, 12:01:39 AM »

Just tested the download, works fine for me

ta183

« Reply #199 on: November 27, 2020, 03:58:40 PM »

Very strange,i tried again and the download does not start ]dontknow[
i have this problem only with the Ju-188

Vasya

« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2020, 01:49:07 PM »

Tell me please!
Where to get shooters' cockpits for Ju-188 ???

Hubberranz

• Modder
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2020, 04:38:11 PM »

NONE that I know of..

..classes point to Ju-88A-4 shooters. For exemple I found this in:

89A6F8CA8BB7817A
Code: [Select]
Êþº¾  -¦  /com/maddox/il2/objects/air/CockpitJU188_NGunner ...
...doGunFire (Z)V bool <init> "3DO/Cockpit/Ju-88A-4-NGun/hier.him he111
   '(Ljava...

There is no gunner pit in the mod per say.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 25 queries.