Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBW 1916?  (Read 8114 times)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
Re: DBW 1916?
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »

james, i'd like to see the rest of the folder, specifically the sfs files, exe files, etc.
to clarify a few things: are you on DBW1.71, or is it an older version..1.6?
i highly recommend going the DBW1.71 route, if not.
there should also be a folder 'SAS_SFS' which you don't seem to have in your folder, meaning you could likely be missing SFS files which DBW 1916 uses.
form what i see, a fresh reinstall of DBW 1.71 is a good idea.
you should download the DBW1.71 'Superpack' package, the very first sticky thread in the DBW downloads section. it's big, yes, but worth every megabyte. ;)

I have a 1.71 install .Am in the process of downloading Superpack now..I'll try re-installing it again over this install, before I take more screenshots of my install .Let's see what happens ...

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »

Let me say up front these screens will cover a lot of ground & please feel free to edit this post.. :-X
This is my game folder after laying the super patch over it.As you will see I'm still not getting DBW1916 for some reason.I am currently redownloading all parts on DBW & then will try everything again from scratch ( more or less) unless you have a better idea.
( Have since eliminated all of these images - see my last entry below...)

Does any of this help? I hope so.I have Rise of Flight ,but I 've always liked the maps & effects at Il-2 DBW better & did want to finally give 1916 a try.Hopefully you'll see what I have missed.If not I'll still be happy with 1939-19...well ...now.... 1962! ;)

dietz

• Supporter
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »

Yes I do know the folder is there but if you look at the last screenie you will see I don't have the option- it doesn't show up...at all. :(
I'm going to try a complete reinstall - its just possible that I got a very slightly corrupted version , that has worked fine all this time, but won't activate DBW1916 somehow... :'(

Just finished downloading & installing the full 18 part DBW download over a previous install & now I do have DBW1916 in the menu,apparently working( haven't tried it yet , but just having the option is pretty good evidence it will work!)
Thanks guys ,for your advice ! ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 24 queries.