Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Sopwith Camel v1.0 by AMT  (Read 60824 times)

SpongeBob

Re: Sopwith Camel v1.0 by AMT
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »

Hi!
Thank you for your wonderful job!

I'm trying to make some Camel missions, and I've found a little problem:
I used some objects to populate my airfield, but when flying the mission, I experienced a huge loss of fps now and then.
I discovered it was caused by stationary Camels located at the airfield. The solution was changing those Camels into different stationary planes.

Not very serious, but can anyone guess how to solve it without removing stationary Camels?

Edited (2013/05/07):
Unfortunately, I have discovered that the problem affects all Camels, both stationary or flying airplanes. Probably I should put the blame on my old laptop (I bought it six or seven years ago).
Other planes don't cause this loss of fps, but for some reason Camels do, so I'll have to forget them until I update my computer.

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »

dramtic Fps lost usually caused by java error. If you have this problem, just pres shift tab to see if the log is being spammed with errors.

RAF209_Benge

• Come and Check us out
    • RAF 209 Squadron Drome
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »

The problem is the Camel itself...because it is made of so many individual texture files...when you have a large concentration of them it kills the FPS on the computer as the LOD files try to keep up

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2013, 08:43:14 PM »

Its around 60 megabytes iirc, the 109 pits for example are double the size  but they still work very well for me.
I tested this problem and if I switch between an SE5 and a Camel theres zero fps drop on my system (i3, 8Gb RAM, GTX550 Ti).
Plus why nobody else reported the problem during 11 months is beyond me.

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2013, 03:08:29 AM »

The difference it that you'll have just one 109 pit being rendered but you may have many Camels simultaneously rendered. I actually reported about FPS drops with many Camels visible already during beta testing of Camel. Even small Camels far away can cause FPS drop because of missing LODs. Unfortunately, fixing this requires remapping of the 3D model so that maybe remodeling is easier, and texture resolution would be significantly lower without HD texture mod. However, fixing the FPS issues would also make the Camels skinnable.

Anyway, with present 3D model it is better to avoid situations with many Camels simultaneously visible or accept lower FPS in those situations.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2013, 10:42:16 AM »

Sorry but I dont see this fps drop. My framerates are the same with 1 and with 16 Camels in the air. Imho this is because regardless the number of planes the textures will only take up around 60Mb memory space. I have no experience with lod problems. I agree with SAS~S3 that it most likely a repeating java error. I think its time to ask for some info such as conf.ini, mod config(DBW-1916, SAS modact, Hsfx?), hardware description and the logfile.

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »

I have just noticed this package bellow comes with way improved cockpit textures. How come!!?? They seem to be both version 1 of the mod...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=41076

NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

Maty12

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2014, 04:06:12 PM »

Works on 4.12.2

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:19 PM »

I have just noticed this package bellow comes with way improved cockpit textures. How come!!?? They seem to be both version 1 of the mod...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=41076

postimage.org/][img width=800 height=320]http://s7.postimg.cc/8tgb4c663/camel.jpg

What airplane is that one Whistler?

from what I have understood, Pablo many months ago made his own style of the DBW-1916 pack, he might have missed some
of the latest releases we have had posted here. Perhaps? I don't know anything about that pack of his.
About 99% of the latest releases for these WW1 mods are posted here in the DBW-1916 section, some may be posted somewhere else in
this forum. But usually they are posted here.

Since these airplanes have their own slots it is just a matter of placing them with new lines into your normal modded DBW-4.10 game or
other versions like the IL2-1946 Modded 4.12 game-version, for them to fly alongside the WW2 airplanes (if you wish to do that). Some people
have been making dogfights  with WW2 Spitfires against WW1 Fokker DR.1´s .  ;D Its your game! You can do whatever you want with it.

New upgraded skins and cockpit skins are usually posted here also, or put into the Update-package which VPmedia collects from all the people
who have been contributing to these mods over the past months and that he also has been painting them himself. He does a lot of painting too on
many many mods.
So the VPmedia update-package is a good source to get all the latest goodies for these Great War Mods+airplanes.

If you do not like a particular skin or cockpit-skin you see, you too can make these changes to your aircraft and use them, or post them for
the rest of the WW1 fans to use if you wish. No one has a contract or gets paid for doing these upgrades or new mods. It is a collaboration
between many people and many artists to make our game world a much better place to fly in and to enjoy a great flight. That´s all.

So, What airplane is that one in the pictures, Whistler?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by the way, I have found no problems flying many Sopwith Camels at the same time in this version of the DBW-1916.
It´s true that the Camel shares ALOT of skins and parts. I know, I am the one who painted this classic bird many years ago before
it first came out, but I have found no problems with it. I have a cheap computer too. So perhaps it may be another mod or a special-effects
mod that may creating some conflict with this mod and is slowing down someone's game? Perhaps? I do not know.
We all have many different mods in our personal games and each mod-game is a little different from the rest.
 I have a lot of crazy stuff put into my game, but so far my computer has not blown up  :D and no problems with the Camel.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946

whistler

• Modder
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2014, 01:31:44 AM »

Hi max_thehitman, the first image belongs to the low res cockpit of the Camel included in the first post of this threat. The second one comes with the Camel included in Pablo's "Default IL-2 1916 WWI Pack for 4.12.2m clean".

I thought modders like to take care of their own works, and I was surprised to see there exists an improved cockpit and it was not updated here for others to enjoy.

I usually prefer standalone or small mods than big packs, so I don't generally use DBW. I upload the whole mod here, with the improved textures. Note that the default aircraft skin is different as well.

Download the Sopwith Camel v1.0 with improved cockpit/textures:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/23salqfwh75fxw9/AMT_Sopwith_Camel_v10_improved_textures.7z

I don't know who to give credit for these improved textures :(
NG-HUD v3.6.1 | NG-MAP v3.2 | NG-CAM v2.0 | NG-PAL v1.2: https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/board,93.0.html

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2014, 08:39:52 AM »

I'm constantly updating textures in DBW-1916 (with the help of Max and Murdoc) but I do not advertise each small update, I'm sure that the people who are using DBW-1916 will notice these improvements but have no time to reupload them into the original release topics, sorry.

The package published at 1c is very incomplete and not approved by us...but I didnt want to start a fight over it, so I ignored it.

max_thehitman

• SAS~Area51
  • Modder
  • Beer...Girls...IL2+Mods!
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2014, 05:59:16 AM »

Ok, thank you Whistler.

This is what I have in my game from the last VPMedia update-patch. So I guess its all good. Much better textures from the
previous first version when it first came out.
~
This image was made up of 2 different screenshots, so it looks weird.

Perhaps on a later date there might be another update to this cockpit with even more details, but
do not expect it to be too soon. There are many other airplanes that need some important attention first.

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening ! Welcome to SAS1946
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 26 queries.