Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bf-109E's and F's missing canopy bar in external view  (Read 18759 times)

BP_dFrog

• Modder
Bf-109E's and F's missing canopy bar in external view
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:23:15 AM »

Here is the small mod that adds the canopy "missing" bar to E's and F's in external view. According photographs some planes had simple sliding window panels and some had solid bars like these.

Here's a working link if needed.....
https://www.mediafire.com/?wewoxwvipjtkagr

Dudok22

Re: Bf-109E's and F's missing canopy bar in external view
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:06:31 AM »

:o thanks !

elephant

• Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 01:55:39 PM »

W
prove it, elephant.
Tons of proof in:
http://www.messerschmitt-bf109.de/
There are two pieces of plexiglass in the E and F side canopy that overlap each other in the middle so it can be opened like a sliding window.
From certain angles of view and under different lighting conditions this may give the impression of a bar that is not actually present.
This is really missing...(Canon has modeled a correct E1, E3 canopy with sliding window, external view only).
If this "bar" was made transparent would have been spot on...
That's all.

elephant

• Modder
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:42:11 AM »

Sorry, but the restored museum planes do not provide any proof to me...
In my opinion no Es or Fs had any canopy bars factory fresh.
They may be retrofited with canopies from G type a/c later in their operational lives, mainly as advanced trainers but if this ever happened only can be seen as a rarity anyway.
Here are some close up pics that demonstrate the optical illusion I was talking about...
In distant and blurry pics it may look like as a bar is there.
So if you look better at the famous E7 pic you'll see that there is no bar there just overlapping windows...
As I said above if the "bar" of this mod was made transparent, would have been spot on.
End of story for me anyway... ;)

Cheers

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »

yes, great pix indeed, thanx for sharing (that is how it is done!). That first 109 pic the guy looks properly pissed off! :D

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »

I remember seeing that picture in books as far back as the early 60's when I first started building models.It was always touted as being an actual Luftwaffe color photo used for propaganda(Kinda like this one     ) to show how great their desert camouflaged paint jobs really blended into the terrain.Probably published in one of the German propaganda magazines such as Signal during the war.   

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »

Damn I dont know who fixed the d/l link but you are Ace in my book, Thank You whom ever you are +1,000,000,000
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »

Cool and finally well explained with pictures too!
Sorry Dfrog...
Before later versions of the 109 had dedicated 'flare pistol' ports/openings, the left fore-window (removed from F+ series) or side-window was also used to 'flare' from if not for combating alttitudic pressure reduction induced fart effects.
Of which as a joke, why else is there always a wheelchair with the staff that open the doors at the airport after landing, all those passengers pretending they didn't squeeze them onto the cushions.. or what you suffer from if you've recently surfaced form scuba diving.

That guy as Crazyflak said, does really look fecked off, like upon opening the canopy that somebody said something really really stupid, or he just happened to park and open up within someones (or some camel's/donkey's) lingering fart gas. ..or it could be the 'ground heat' hitting him, since he's below and in hot air trapped in the 'ground effect' (Earth's boundary) layer.

Incedently he does have almost a spookely twin-like look of my step father about him, and he's still alive; 80/81years and/but Danish - he was in his low teens in mid 40's back then in Danish Resistance. - the pilot appears in his mid/late thirties then to me and for up until his late 50's, my SF could be his younger doppelganger - based upon that 1st pic.

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:22:51 AM »

Dumb question- Does this mod work if I drop the "plane" folder ,with its various Bf-109 folders within,in to BDW folder or does it need to be dropped elsewhere? :-\
I think I found out where:in the DBW folder' -right? ;)

BravoFxTrt

• "BIGFOOT"
  • Modder
  • Flying Ass Clown #13
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »

Yes, Make it load first or put each of them in its relevant Plane folder if you have the plane folders, DBW are in SFS files.
MSI R9 280X 6GB x2/Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »

I add, a possible reason for some pits having framing as suggested, from/for those built for high altitude presurised cockpits, and those A/C reworked into later version might retain original pressurisation hood framing unless lost in battle/logistical problems etc... But I could be wrong, or just offering my tangental thinking.

Not that many of those pressurised versions were made, but offers why some might have had real 'mid' canopy frames verses the optical effect of worn layered sliding prespex etc etc...

greybeard

• Modder
  • diligo veritatem
    • Old stuff about RB3D and a tiny "IL2 corner"
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »

Although being an overlapping of perspex panels, it looked really like a frame.

Would be perfect if completed by "bar" also on canopy top...

Thank you,
GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 - RAM: 2GB DDR @ 201 MHz - MoBo: ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI (Socket 939) - Vidcard: 1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Club3D) - Screen: L1750SQ (1280x1024@75Hz) - Audio: Realtek AC'97 Audio.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 25 queries.