Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: P-40 Pack v1.1  (Read 91505 times)

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
Re: P-40 Pack v1.0
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:49 AM »

Boelcke, did you have the previous version of the P-40F/L/N pack installed? This might cause the 3d not to appear

Boelcke

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »

Boelcke, did you have the previous version of the P-40F/L/N pack installed? This might cause the 3d not to appear

yes i had the P40 F and L installed before, but all files removed before installing the new P 40 pack

Whiskey_Sierra_972

• Modder
  • In memory of my beloved hero: Saburo SAKAI!
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »

Check if you have some better wheels mod , or better propellor mod....it's possible inside hier can cause some trouble....

Boelcke

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »

Looks like my jsgme was messed up, removing everything additional to DBW did it.

thx for your support :)

wackywings

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »

Hi everybody!

My congratulations to all of the team members that brought about this wonderful pack and making my favorite aircraft a little easier to look at in Il-2. I was able to download pack without any problem and all of the new P-40s seem to be functioning properly. Thanks for even fixing the antenna wires on the "E" model! I do have one slight problem with the entire P-40 family in the game now and I have heard other members mention this briefly as well. From the external view, and looking from the wingtip towards the fuselage at certain angles, the upper wing panels become transparent from just past the tip to the wing root.

Before adding the new P-40 pack, I updated from DBW 1.6 to 1.7 and verified that everything worked. Also the P-40E and M were displaying properly at that time. I verified that all other previous P-40 mods and fixes were removed from the DBW mods folder. When I installed the new pack, the missing wing panels problem occurred. I have had the same problem before with the P-40s since the dihedral mod came out but found a cure for at least the "E" and "M" models with a wing fix patch that Beowolff put together. So now I am wondering if there are several of the built-in files of DBW that I need to remove in order to solve the problem, or do I need to ask Beowolff to make up a new wing patch for the series? Any help that you can provide will be much appreciated!

I don't know if anyone is planning to do further work to the P-40 line but I had a couple of suggestions.......
1)Adding the pilot's armor plate backing to the new P-40N model
2)Creating another slot for a later model P-40F based off of the P-40L model with the 6 gun set-up.
3)Possibly adding a relector gun sight to the "K"-"N" models for the external view.
Anyway, one can dream. Thanks again for all of the hard work and I hope to hear of a solution for the disappearing upper wing panels.

-Wackywings

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »

That disappearing wing panel bug is an unfortunate side effect of my wing dihedral fix version, and I don't know any easy way to fix it. Luckily, that bug doesn't appear in perfect graphics mode, so try to select perfect landscape detail in hardware settings. If you can't run in OpenGL mode or get too low FPS in perfect mode, then you can just avoid looking at that buggy direction or update your hardware to get the best possible graphics in IL-2.

wackywings

« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »

Hi Birdman....and thanks a million for that speedy reply!!!!!! I switched over the graphics selector and no more problem...absolutely wonderful! It's a shame that whoever built the original P-40 3D models for Il-2 didn't do at least as well as those responsible for the Bf109, Fw190, and Spitfires.

Anyway, thanks again, and I'll look forward to the new default skins for the "N" model and other projects from your group.

-Wackywings

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #103 on: May 25, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »

I don't know if anyone is planning to do further work to the P-40 line but I had a couple of suggestions.......
1)Adding the pilot's armor plate backing to the new P-40N model
2)Creating another slot for a later model P-40F based off of the P-40L model with the 6 gun set-up.
3)Possibly adding a relector gun sight to the "K"-"N" models for the external view.
Anyway, one can dream. Thanks again for all of the hard work and I hope to hear of a solution for the disappearing upper wing panels.

-Wackywings

Yes, me too I was surprised the armored headreast was missing.  It seems that all combat-ready P-40Ns were like this:

I have too some suggestions:

-P-40K-10s which were identical with the -M model apart the engine performance (more power at sea level, less power at altitude). They need a new default skin.

-Kittyhawk I, same with IA/E but with four 0,50 machine guns.

-As I wrote before, new loadouts with soviet bombs.

It's up to Anto to do what he likes. I enjoyed the new planes very much.

A question: What version is the P-40N? P-40N-20?

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2012, 07:50:40 AM »

I have not seen in the install notes if this p-40 pack fixes the horrendous "thick" cables attached to the wings for the p-40E. I'm currently flying 2.01/4.09m and would love to fix that. An old mod that fixed it link is broken so you can't find that one anymore. If this fixes it then i would be a happy camper.  ;D

FANATIC MODDER

• Modder
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2012, 10:03:42 AM »

I have somewhere this mod, if this is the case I am going to upload it or sent it to anto for a possible version 1.1

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2012, 09:10:47 PM »

Thanks.

sakivano

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2012, 05:15:22 AM »

I've tried to make this mod work several times but no way. Always the same crash to desktop at 70% load. I've deleted everything in the mod folder which has to do with P-40 but still the same. Which makes me ask the author something. When you mention the files plane_ru and weapons_ru, are you referring to those in the Files folder or the one in the MODS folder? And another question. In the weapons_ru file there are some lines which make reference to the P-40-E plane. Should the original P-40-E lines be rewritten with these ones? I'm running 4.09 version and UP 2.01.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 25 queries.