Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding quick missions to DBW? SOLVED  (Read 4913 times)

SAS~Bombsaway

• Choose your battles wisely.
  • SAS Team
  • A day without laughter is a day wasted
Re: Adding quick missions to DBW? NOT-SOLVED
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 08:08:13 AM »

No, I found out you cant just name whatever you want. With LeOnes help SNARKJungle now shows in my qmb list. In the maps all.ini it is this way "SNARKJungle" in the map_ru its this way "SNARK Jungle" two words. LeOne  wrote it this way "SnarkJungle" with only the S and the J capitalized. Yet nowhere in any of the games listings do I see it presented that way. Why it works still confuses me.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »

Can't say about custom added Maps in latest DBW with QMBPro, but I can use custom naming in my latest DBW with QMBPro default Maps.
Regarding the naming, though we had discussions a lot, our findings where better keep one standard, to not confuse the thing.
It proved good, as this system is logic and easy to use. Theatre+Map.
Custom naming: Better, handle with care. In wrong hands it may cause trouble, but if you know what you're doing you can
customize for your personal purpose. So I did, cause we lack QMBScrambles for Hangar-, Carrier-, Mistel- or Me 262 V3/4 Take/Off purpose.
Single-Missions are no alternative to me, just to have these features, it's too limited.
As a Me 262 nerd I need special handpicked training grounds/Quick-Scrambles for the V3/4, Maps where I start on the longest strips
we have. Or my personal still WIP JV44 forest Autobahn strip. Need to add ~2000 trees to make it perfect.
Default scramble layouts wouldn't fit.
For my private needs I have such epic/silly names as:
Autobedarf LeipheimBlueScramble00.mis (for MAP 3BG_KTO/load.ini)
HangarBlueScramble00.mis (for MAP Berlin/load.ini)
MistelBlueScramble00.mis (for MAP Berlin/load.ini)

This right next to the Default QMB sets of the original layout in DBW works at least to me.

Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."

LuseKofte

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »

The missions set the correct load.ini when you build the mission on the map. NEVER confuse name of mission with map ini, all ini or load.ini.
You can make missions as I have and call it as I have Transport_Stalingrad. I use capital letters for easyer reading.
With QMB pro you can call your missions whatever you like, but I recomend using the standard ones, if they are shared all can use missions named CrimeaBlueNone00 and so on.

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »

Its not the missions I'm having trouble with its getting the missions to show in the QMB mission list in quick mission builder. Today I tried to no avail to get a Cat_Midway to show in the list. I tried naming it every frikken way I could think of but no luck. I name the folder Cat_Midway and place it in the QuickQMBPro mission folder in the missions folder DBW/Missions/QuickQMBPro but I cant get it show. Any help would be great.

btasm

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 06:08:35 PM »

Don't know how to solve your issue, per se, but I can tell you what I do - and I am a neophyte - and it works.

For maps which I desire to use and which do not already appear in QMBQuickPro, I create a folder and missions whose names mirror each other. For example, I created a folder named "Spain_Aragon".  I named the missions which appear in the folder in the same fashion. i.e.,  "Spain_AragonRedNone00", "Spain_AragonRedScramble00", etc.

You do need to make sure - in my humble and uniformed opinion - that the folder and missions match the map name which appears in the maps_ru.properties file (found in #DBW/STD/i18n). As an example of this, I mistakenly thought the Guadalcanal (late) map was named, well, Guadalcanal. It's just "Guadal." [Guardal Canal Early is likewise "Guadal E"].Until I realized that and corrected the error, no Guadalcanal missions appeared in the QMBMissionPro dropdown menu.

One other thing to keep in mind and which I sometimes overlook, if you create only, let's say, a "Red" mission or missions, but choose "Blue" as the side to fly for, no missions appear in the drop down menu since no "Blue" missions exist (yet).

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »

Thanks but in order to save a quick mission you need the folder to show up in the qmb quick mission list. I cant figure out how to name the folder correctly for certain maps. It doesnt work trying to name it as the map_ru properties has it.  Such as BP_Midway is named  Midway mod 1 and I tried every way to make it show like putting an _ between each word and so on but no luck. When you make a mission and try to save it you must tell the game where to save it to but if the folder wont show in the list you cant save it. Its
VERY frustrating. If you would please try to save a BP_Midway mission and let me know if it works.
Thanks. :)

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »

Hi Bombsaway!

A couple of observations:

1-There is no relationship between the name of a set of missions and the map they use. You perfectly can have a set called BombsawayCrazyPilot using the map of Berlin. Just select the Berlin map (or whatever else) when you create the misssions.

2-A dumb comment: do you take into account that by default (this was requested by CirX for DBW) my MOD read the .mis files from the Missions\QuickQMBPro folder, are you aware of that? If you save your missions in Missions\Quick as the game default, you won't see them with my MOD.

3-There is another requirement which is that my MOD (this is inherited from the behaviour of the TD 4.101 QMB but adapted) will list for you any .mis which starts with the name of the mission folder. So let's say you have a folder like Missions\QuickQMBPro\Ag_Uf_Madrid, then you need to name your missions like Ag_Uf_MadridBlueAirbase00.mis   In this case when you select the set of missions (map in QMB) Ag_Uf_Madrid and the army Blue, you will only see a mission called Airbase00, nothing else, because it is the only one. If your army is Red you will not see any mission until you create one. Are you following this logic?

4-As you can see, the names all have underscores (_) and I think that it was becasue if not the name of the folders are not properly read.

I hope it helps. Regards,
                                                Pablo

SAS~Bombsaway

• SAS Team
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2012, 06:57:43 AM »

Thank you Pablo. I have it figured out now. When I make a folder such as Cat_Midway and put it in the QuickQMBPro folder I was expecting it to show in the qmb mission list when you go to quick mission builder but it wont show in that list untill you save a mission for that map. The Cat_Midway folder will show in full mission builder when saving a mission for that map. Once a mission is in the folder it will then show up in the qmb mission list. Sorry for the trouble. I'm getting to old.I cant seem to see the forest for the trees. :)

Knochenlutscher

• Flying Ass Clown #10
  • Modder
  • aka Segfej
Re: Adding quick missions to DBW? SOLVED
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 04:51:50 AM »

:) Glad you finally sorted it out.
Wiseman : "Did you speak the exact words?" Ash : "Look, maybe I didn't say every single little tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.