Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Class resolver  (Read 7571 times)

Gurner

Re: Class resolver
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »

Never mind, I have the files now.  I'll probably be back in a minute asking how the hell do I re-compile...   ;D

Gurner

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »

Thanks Kazegami, that's great  :)

Unfortunately I must be doing something spectacularly wrong because after having modified only a couple of digits in each of four values I have an astonishing 100 errors upon re-compiling!

Guess that means it's time for bed.

See you tomorrow!

Verhängnis

• Unofficial Heinkel Fan
  • Modder
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:42:04 PM »

Really can't offer any assitance if we don' know what you are trying to change/modify and re-compile.

Gurner

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 02:29:19 AM »

Sorry  :-[

So, I'm trying to edit com/maddox/il2/ai/world

I'm trying to alter these values: maxvisualdistance, maxstaticvisualdistance, maxlongvisualdistance, maxplatevisualdistance.

I've copied the values from an old 4.09 distance mod which doesn't work in 4.10, rather than making the values up myself, just in case.  The values are 35000 20000 50000 30000 respectively, up from 5, 4, 10, and 16 thousand.

So I just opened the file, changed the values, re-compiled and 100 errors!

I'm guessing I've gone wrong with the naming of the paths when I compile, so that should be easy enough to sort out, but could that cause 100 errors?

In the tutorial posted by Kazegami it says you have to delete the errors created by DJ but I can't see anything in there that looks like an error message...

Kazegami

• target
  • Everyone is dumb, but some are dumber than others
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:24 PM »

Post the errors in code format.
Code: [Select]
example
DFTBA

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2012, 02:08:34 PM »

When you get 100 errors ("cannot resolve symbol" errors mostly I presume?) its probably because of wrong source path, thats right. The classfile points to other classfiles, and if the compiler cant find these other classfiles it gives you many errors. I think it depends on the size of your classfile how many errors you get, the bigger the more errors :)

Instead of typing the class in, just click the select folder symbol in the compiler options (2nd button from the left), and navigate to your ModdedClasses folder, select it.

These options are really tricky, I had these errors too for a long time, didnt know why. And in the end it was because the path was missing a "/" in the end  ::)

Gurner

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »

Holy sh!t!  That was exactly it!  A missing motherf@cking backslash!  Imagine, if you can, me dancing around my tiny house with joy, having just watched a city burn as I approached from 25 km out!  Yeah I know I'm pleased by strange things...   ???

Thanks everybody, this will be uploaded here https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,20929.0.html shortly.  Although you could just as easily make it yourselves, I guess  ;)

Thanks again  :-*

Gurner

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2012, 03:11:34 PM »

Bastard backslash.  Really.  Jesus  ::)

BT~Tarik

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »

Hehe glad I could be of help :) Looking forward (from far far away :P ) to the result ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 20 queries.