Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix engines cowlings and prop´s  (Read 889738 times)

Fagot

Re: Fix engines cowlings and prop´s
« Reply #408 on: July 01, 2012, 11:42:46 AM »

Hi guys, you can ask the La-5, 7?

I apologize in advance, but the principle of cooling the aircraft differed from the FW-190, or more precisely, for engine cooling fan is not used, and the system of blinds (see screenshots technical description of the La-5, 7). Now the game seems visually that the engine is cooled by a fan to force Lavochkin.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #409 on: July 01, 2012, 11:50:14 AM »

okay, i have just been having some strange experiences using the La's, and i'm not too sure yet whether it's due to this mod or crazyflak's LDG mod, or a combination of the two, but here's what happens:
QMB, Eastern Front Crimea map, one flight of La's vs 4 flights of assorted LW planes.
my flight is coming in behind the enemy planes, consisting of Me323's and 110's, easy pickings, those lumbering 323's, you'd say.....
but, for some strange reason, even though i am flying level at an indicated 450km/h, i realised that these 323's were pulling away from me....something didn't feel right, so i switch to fly-by view, and sure as hell, my plane seems to be flying in a slow-motion, jerky kind of way, a bit like lag, but not quite the same.
switch to external of other planes, and they all go at normal speed - switch back to my plane and it's still doing this slow-mo thing, and so even at an indicated, now 500km/h, those 323's just disappear.
it's a really weird phenomenon, and i'm wondering if it's connected to the blue exhaust effect, because the stop start jerks seem to almost coincide with the exhaust flames....?
the only La related mods i have are the LDG and this cowling one.
doesn't happen when i fly other planes, only with all the La's.
this could very well NOT be related to your mod, Jero, but as i first noticed it after installing this, i thought i'd just mention it.
i'll also let crazyflak now about this, if it is related to the LDG mod, i'll move this post there.
anyone else had any similar strange behaviour with the La's?

edit: forgot to add, when in cockpit in the La, i also experience a gradual fps drop, till it settles at around 10 fps, not very nice.
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Birdman

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #410 on: July 01, 2012, 12:17:56 PM »

I can confirm a compatibility problem with the exhaust flame mod. I haven't had time to install all flame mods yet and didn't notice the added hooks for La-5 and La-7. Luckily, it is easy to fix: just copy hook data from Engine1_D0.msh in the gear damage mod to these new Engine1_D0.msh files.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #411 on: July 01, 2012, 12:30:02 PM »

ahh...yes, i rather suspected it was the exhaust flames causing the issue.
i just tried with the La-7R, and the same started happening, except this time all the aircraft in the mission were eventually frozen in mid-air.
okay, i'll try that fix and report back, thanks Birdman.
also, i'll move my posts to the LDG thread, where it's more relevant. cheers  ;)

edit: err...no, it should stay here, i guess, lol :D

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #412 on: July 01, 2012, 12:48:08 PM »

No, it is not my mod, it is the insuficient hooks on stock meshes :P

Luckily, as said by B irdman, just copy hook data from my mod meshes into these :)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

just to confirm - spot on, Birdman. copied the hook data in, and all my La's are 'back up to speed', so to speak. :D

yep, lol, Maurice...blame it on poor ol' Oleg, heheh...:D

ok well, Jero, i guess it'd be a good idea to update your La fix with that hook data, so you don't get too many more repeat questions down the road.... ;)

santobr

• Modder
  • Senta a Pua!
    • F
« Reply #414 on: July 01, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »

I apologize in advance, but the principle of cooling the aircraft differed from the FW-190, or more precisely, for engine cooling fan is not used, and the system of blinds (see screenshots technical description of the La-5, 7). Now the game seems visually that the engine is cooled by a fan to force Lavochkin.
Humm, something new to me, thank you mate. :)
Open:

Closed:

santobr.

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #415 on: July 01, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »

just to confirm - spot on, Birdman. copied the hook data in, and all my La's are 'back up to speed', so to speak. :D

yep, lol, Maurice...blame it on poor ol' Oleg, heheh...:D

ok well, Jero, i guess it'd be a good idea to update your La fix with that hook data, so you don't get too many more repeat questions down the road.... ;)
Malone do we also need to copy the HookLoc data or is it just the hook data and do we need to add it to the La-5's to?

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #416 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

okay, i have just been having some strange experiences using the La's, and i'm not too sure yet whether it's due to this mod or crazyflak's LDG mod, or a combination of the two, but here's what happens:
QMB, Eastern Front Crimea map, one flight of La's vs 4 flights of assorted LW planes.
my flight is coming in behind the enemy planes, consisting of Me323's and 110's, easy pickings, those lumbering 323's, you'd say.....
but, for some strange reason, even though i am flying level at an indicated 450km/h, i realised that these 323's were pulling away from me....something didn't feel right, so i switch to fly-by view, and sure as hell, my plane seems to be flying in a slow-motion, jerky kind of way, a bit like lag, but not quite the same.
switch to external of other planes, and they all go at normal speed - switch back to my plane and it's still doing this slow-mo thing, and so even at an indicated, now 500km/h, those 323's just disappear.
it's a really weird phenomenon, and i'm wondering if it's connected to the blue exhaust effect, because the stop start jerks seem to almost coincide with the exhaust flames....?
the only La related mods i have are the LDG and this cowling one.
doesn't happen when i fly other planes, only with all the La's.
this could very well NOT be related to your mod, Jero, but as i first noticed it after installing this, i thought i'd just mention it.
i'll also let crazyflak now about this, if it is related to the LDG mod, i'll move this post there.
anyone else had any similar strange behaviour with the La's?

edit: forgot to add, when in cockpit in the La, i also experience a gradual fps drop, till it settles at around 10 fps, not very nice.
i get this same thing in the skyraiders, and not in the LAs, so it probably doesnt have anything to do with this mod.
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

crazyflak

• Modder
  • Are your words prettier than silence?
« Reply #417 on: July 01, 2012, 02:46:28 PM »

Both (hook & hookloc), Gumpy, because I added hooks, so you need the extra names and their coordinates together.

If you copy & replace the entire section from [hooks] to last line of [HookLoc] you'll be on the safe side :)

All LAs and LAGGS need copy-pasting...

Gumpy

• Modder
« Reply #418 on: July 01, 2012, 03:18:33 PM »

Okay thanks crazyflak.(UPDATE) Now I'm a little confused crazyflak, Jeronimo has not released anything for the LAGGS yet.How can I update something that does not exist?Maybe I'll just wait for Jeronimo to update.

Wing King

• interested in the Second World War
  • Trigger happy IL-2 pilot/aerial gunner
« Reply #419 on: July 03, 2012, 05:32:30 AM »

Excellent mod, this is such a big improvement! ;D PA_Jeronimo, Birdman, and all the others involved: Big thanks for all your work! And also a thank you to FANATIC MODDER, for repacking all the fixes in one file. I salute you all! 8)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 176   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 27 queries.