Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: DCG Cyrenaica 1941 v1.0 DBW  (Read 16703 times)

jbunnelle

Re: DCG Cyrenaica 1941 v1.0 DBW
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »

Hi jbunnelle,

Thanks for your Italian Stuka skins.

DBW and 4.10.1 was what it is built for so you should be good to go.

Hope you have some fun.

Thanks, will do.  By the way, still have all of my old custom templates for the Ju-87, G50, and MC200.  Let me know if you need anything.

So I selected Italian fighter but the mission screen shows an empty map.  Then I get an error message regarding the map when trying to load.  Guess I don't have something set correctly.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 01:12:50 AM »

One thing I don't understand is the way these are named.
Cyrenaica41 I/J/R/S/U
Ummm what?
I=Italy
J=?
R=?
S=Stuka
U=?
Am I anywhere close?

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 05:17:06 AM »

Thanks, will do.  By the way, still have all of my old custom templates for the Ju-87, G50, and MC200.  Let me know if you need anything.

So I selected Italian fighter but the mission screen shows an empty map.  Then I get an error message regarding the map when trying to load.  Guess I don't have something set correctly.

Are you trying to use the Manysh retexture files from the 1.01 patch? If so, you will need the Manysh retexture map from here - https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23868.0.html

If not, please post the text of the error message and I'll help you out.

Quote from: CMWV
One thing I don't understand is the way these are named.
Cyrenaica41 I/J/R/S/U
Ummm what?
I=Italy
J=?
R=?
S=Stuka
U=?
Am I anywhere close?

I didn't think anyone would care about the names so I just coded them with letters in a similar way to Lonestar's Coral Sea campaign which was a major inspiration to me.

If you want to hear how my brain works then:
I = Italy
J = Jagdgeschwader
R = RAF
S = Stuka/Zerstorer
U = JU-88

Maybe I'll update them some time to something more intelligible, for people who aren't me. ;)

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2012, 08:16:28 AM »

Oh I see. Many thanks.

jbunnelle

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2012, 08:52:13 AM »

I assumed the map needed was included in DBW by default, since it wasn't mentioned.  I have a clean install, with the big all-in-one on it (the 9.9 GB version, which I downloaded as a torrent from the second post on that thread).  I also have all of the JSGME packs posted here.  Otherwise, that's all I have.   DBW enabled in Selector.  Sorry, haven't done this in a while. 

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »

I assumed the map needed was included in DBW by default, since it wasn't mentioned.  I have a clean install, with the big all-in-one on it (the 9.9 GB version, which I downloaded as a torrent from the second post on that thread).  I also have all of the JSGME packs posted here.  Otherwise, that's all I have.   DBW enabled in Selector.  Sorry, haven't done this in a while.

If you didn't apply any of the files from the Cyrenaica41\alt_files\ManyshRetexture folder then you should have the right map as it is included by default in DBW. You can check it in FMB. It's called Lybia N-E or similar. The text of the error message would be helpful. Sounds like there is a disconnect between the map the campaign is trying to load and what you have in your install. I haven't been keeping up to date with WindWpn's JSGME packs so I'm not sure if he's made any changes to the all.ini file that controls the map loading.

jbunnelle

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 11:47:05 AM »

If you didn't apply any of the files from the Cyrenaica41\alt_files\ManyshRetexture folder then you should have the right map as it is included by default in DBW. You can check it in FMB. It's called Lybia N-E or similar. The text of the error message would be helpful. Sounds like there is a disconnect between the map the campaign is trying to load and what you have in your install. I haven't been keeping up to date with WindWpn's JSGME packs so I'm not sure if he's made any changes to the all.ini file that controls the map loading.

Ah, figured it out.  Your post above clued me in.  I'd cut and pasted those alt files into the Cy41 folder w/o having the retextured map.  I replaced those files with the default ones included in your original zip and it worked perfectly.  Thanks for helping me figure that one out.  Looks incredible!  So, since someone mentioned it, does this replace the Libya41 version on Low's site?  Should I grab that one too?

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 01:31:28 PM »

Cyrenaica41 replaces the LIBIA41 campaign from Lowengrin.com for DBW users. It makes use of the new map, squads, vehicles and ships that come with DBW 1.71.

PVI.it the original author(s) of the LIBIA41 campaign on Lowengrin.com gave permission to WindWpn to make it compatible with DBW1.71. I approached WindWpn a while back to offer my help with any DCG related projects and he gave me the green light to update the LIBIA41 campaign.

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 01:17:34 AM »

Ok Im getting a great deal of pleasure from this, but I wonder why it is I can take a Spit MkI in the RAF campaign, but not a Kittyhawk?
Were there no Kitties at this stage in North Afrika?

Moezilla

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »

:D I don't remember putting Spits in the campaign. They were all defending the homeland. Did you get upgraded from the Hurricane or did you use DCG to put yourself in one?

No Kittyhawks in North Africa until units started to convert in December 1941 (450Sqn RAAF, 250Sqn & 112Sqn RAF . Couldn't find records of front line service of Kittyhawks until early 1942. Tomahawks arrive in June 41 with 250Sqn and then 112Sqn soon after and a SAAF squadron. A flyable Tomahawk career wouldn't be a major thing to add in a future update.

I do plan on adding a few more mod planes like the Ro-37, BR-20 and maybe more if I can find the references.

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2012, 11:57:49 AM »

I didn't do didly!
 :D
I just installed the campaign, started it in dcg and there were spitfire options at campaign start.

HundertzehnGustav

• Banned on Sep 11/2012
  • Arrogant Narcisistic Pussy
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »

blasphemy!
:D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 29 queries.