Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1GB modified exe's for max performance  (Read 45175 times)

Mane

Re: 1GB modified exe's for max performance
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2011, 12:39:10 PM »

A question - is it works in HSFX5.0? Yes or no, please! :-\

benitomuso

• SAS Team
  • P.A.L.
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »

A question - is it works in HSFX5.0? Yes or no, please! :-\

Yes it works on HSFX5.

The il2fb.exe has not changed since Pacific Fighters version of the program as far as I know. The ones "cracked" by QTim to allow modding, etc., were the same too. These ones for "different memory sizes" only modify subtle memory configurations or enable the >2Gb flag of the exe header.

These are not MODs in the sense of a MOD made of code running over the version 4.10.1, 4.10, 4.09, 4.08... of the game, etc., it loads before everything, so it doesn't really know which version of the game you have, which MODs, packages, etc.

And the fact which one is better is quite ambiguous, some people claim to have impreoved their fps count, others don't, etc. It seems that there is no general rule about this, because the program launcher (il2fb.exe) is so old that no real memory use consideration was taken, so these are not clearly applicable tweaks, but some aparently receive a benefit, so why not to use them.

Regards,
                       Pablo

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2011, 01:22:06 PM »

So reguarding what Pablo said, I'll try the 256 and then the 512 flavours :) since this should leave some RAM for IL-2 and my background processes & my sound chipset with the 1015MB I have.
Apart from the/my pre-existing il2.exe, what other files/folders should I back up? just to reclarify again

Karaya

• Modder
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2011, 02:13:54 PM »

How about a mod exe that reads the international i18 and properties files instead of the russian ones? That would make things easier in a lot of ways!?

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2011, 10:55:52 AM »

I would be interested to know if those members who utilize an exe higher than 256MB-compatible utilize the following settings in their config.ini:

TexCompress=2
exFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

?
I run with Windows XP 32 Bit and 3 Gigs DDR2 Kingston CL6 RAM.
When I engage the above lines and texture compression, I can go up to 512 GB and higher.
When I disengage TexCompress, I am mostly limited to 128MB--sort of poor.

Plan to buy a 2nd stick of 2GB tomorrow, mainly for IL-2..
I wonder if 4 GB RAM=Dual Channel instead of 2BG + 1 GB would make the difference or rather that conf.ini setting?

Thanks if you have any tips here!
Cheers :)

Tom

SAS~Storebror

• Editor
  • Taking a timeout
    • STFU
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2011, 11:17:01 AM »

@Karaya: You're right, this would be a nice thing to have, but it's unfortunately out of reach at the moment. We've tried to find a way to get the country settings to apply to the mod enabled il2fb.exe but to no avail yet.

@Tom2: The texture compression applies to the size of your graphics card's RAM, which is dedicated usually. The system RAM matters just in case your GPU shares RAM with the system, but in that case it's a very low end GPU anyway and you'll likely not get around compressing textures.

Best regards - Mike
Don't split your mentality without thinking twice.

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 11:18:07 AM »

Windows XP 32 recognise only 3GB of ram, anyway it's better to have 2 bank of identical ram (at least if you have dual channel)

SAS~Tom2

• SAS Honourable Member
  • no sweat
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »

Thanks, gents!
I have an AthlonIIX4 630Quad with 4x 2.8GHz and an HD 5770 and what I found weird is that
with TexCompress enabled with 2 and TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt at 1, I can use at least 512MB exes for all maps whereas without that setting most maps are reduced to 128MB with UP2.01 (in HSFX4 and ModAct things seemed to be a little different.)
Whatever it is with texture compression enabled, I can use higher rated exes with the new IL-2 executable selector. Seems to be independent of my ProcessAffinityMask setting.

I think I give that dual channel a try. I'd rather fly without texture compression, used to fly almost at highest settings since I bought that rig.

Cheers

Tom
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 26 queries.