Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel40 beta update  (Read 52935 times)

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
Re: Channel40 beta update
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

iirc the original map is included in UP,DBW,HSFX

it wont work without a modpack because you need the 'english buildings'

if you play in directx try opengl

Hi Istvan,

I have Cannon's original map (extracted from HSFX) and an early version of Boomer's object pack (non-SFS, including static.ini) that are really easy to use for players who aren't using DBW, HSFX or UP; or for classic 4.09 installs.  They just drop straight into the MODS folder next to your upgrade packs and they're ready to play.  Maybe it's worth uploading them to a filesharing site and adding to the first post?

Cannon's beta map together with your map and building upgrade deserve to be widely played - it's a super combo for BoB and Channel campaigns, one of the best in the game in my opinion.  :)

The only tricky issue left is matching the static.ini for 4.10/11/12 intalls - but that could probably be worked around - I'd be prepared to take it on if people are interested.  And some installs need the blank version of the kronstadt plate as well of course.

tuskegee76

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »

tnx KiwiBiggles but although I would like to have it a go and  install these i'l have to wait until UP and DBW are updated for my game version 4.12.2.

cheers

KiwiBiggles

• Modder
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 11:00:04 AM »

Hi fellas,

all the files needed to install Cannon's original Beta Channel Map to manual modact installs are posted here:

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,39231.0.html

vpMedia's upgrade packs can then be installed on top.   :)

Ralph.B

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »

Thank's for the great updates and the link to the almost idiot-proof tutorial. Even I'm a total noob in modding Il-2, I installed the map, the updates and finally GilB's spring- and winter enhancement without one single problem in 412.2m, MODAC 5.3  and with Boomers objects. Can save missions and trk-files for all three maps - what do I want more?

Only one thing I'm a bit wondering about: normally can run missions with 100+ planes on perfect setting on every default map without any problems. Even the Berlin-Map, which is known as a fps killer, is running smooth.
But a small, selfbuild testmission with only 4 friendly and 4 enemy planes and two AA-cannons and 2 static planes gave me bad stutters over Brittain. Have readed, that the channelmap is really a heavy on resources - but even with so few planes near unplayability for a halfways up to date PC? Can this be or is it a hint that something is not quite right with my install?       

Maty12

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2014, 03:29:24 PM »

How do I get this to work in 4.12.2? I added the CAN_Channel folder to the mapmods/maps folder, but nothing happens. I know it needs some entry or something for all.ini or something like that, but what?

aussiewaffe

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2014, 08:35:26 PM »

How do I get this to work in 4.12.2? I added the CAN_Channel folder to the mapmods/maps folder, but nothing happens. I know it needs some entry or something for all.ini or something like that, but what?

Try this mate (from link above), I have it running in 4.12.2m

1. Start your map install by simply extracting the five object pack .7z folders into your mods folder (#SAS in my case).

2. Next extract CAN_Channel.7z into your map mods folder (mine is MAPMODS/MAPS).

3. Then extract the texture pack land.7z here: MAPMODS/MAPS/_Tex

4. Finally, add this line to your all.ini file in MAPMODS/MAPS:    EnglishChannel(Can) CAN_Channel/CAN_40_load.ini

Maty12

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »

Wait, what object pack? I just got a folder with this:

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2014, 02:29:23 PM »

When I installed the 4.12 modact I moved my UP3 and DBW object, map and texture sfs files into the SAS_AUTO folder and replaced the modacts static ini with the one from DBW together with the all.ini, the result is the same map/static objects setup I had in DBW. :)

Code: [Select]
dbw_maps_01.sfs
dbw_maps_02.sfs
dbw_objects_01.sfs
dbw_tex_01.sfs
up_maps01.sfs
up_maps02.sfs
up_maps03.sfs
up_maps04.sfs
up_objects01.sfs
up_objects02.sfs
up_objects03.sfs
up_objects04.sfs
up_textures01.sfs
up_textures02.sfs
updbw_mapex_01.sfs
updbw_mapex_02.sfs
updbw_mapex_03.sfs
updbw_mapex_04.sfs
updbw_mapex_05.sfs
updbw_mapex_06.sfs
updbw_mapex_07.sfs
updbw_mapex_08.sfs

Maty12

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »

I still don't get it...

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2014, 11:02:32 PM »

if you dont have the original map and its buildings then this update will not work

modact doesnt include any maps or objects

you need to get those from UP or DBW or Boomers object pack

aussiewaffe

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2014, 01:59:28 AM »

Try this link mate

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,35419.msg386768.html#msg386768

I put the sfs files into my SFS_AUTO folder and then followed the directions for updating the text file with the static.ini

FYI I tried a number of different ways to get the VPchannel map update texture and objects to work and I could not get it going.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2014, 04:51:04 AM »

I've built this map upgrade with DBW 1.71 so Boomers object pack may not contains all the required objects.
You can use the universal static ini checker to determine which objects are missing:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,762.0.html
This is required when you can not save missions on a mod map.
If textures are missing then you need to read your logfile to see which ones.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.