Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ShipPack3  (Read 49699 times)

stellarmagic

Re: ShipPack3
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »

I just hope that the people making more of the smaller ships allow the guns to be damaged separately. It's kind of annoying strafing a MO-4 Hunter and not doing anything to the 45mm AA guns.

Slowly going through and checking these ships as I install them.  I found a bug with the Liberty Ship (Transport 2), gunfire passes straight through the ship's hull... but does connect with smaller structural components. I'm not sure how to fix that.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2015, 02:20:05 PM »

I just hope that the people making more of the smaller ships allow the guns to be damaged separately. It's kind of annoying strafing a MO-4 Hunter and not doing anything to the 45mm AA guns.

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,17647.0.html

stellarmagic

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2015, 02:50:54 PM »

https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,17647.0.html
I used that, and it works, but the way the MO-4 hunter, Russian 'Trawl', BBKs, and so forth work make it so you don't take out individual guns... you can only sink the ship. I don't want a strafing run to sink a ship (unless someone adds magazine explosions for really accurate gunfire), but I would love to see strafing stop the guns from shooting on the smaller ships. AAA suppression is why they did those strafing attacks usually, anyway.

When I strafe a Tashkent, Kirov, or Marat... I can take out individual guns. This simply doesn't happen with some of the earlier ships as it seems there isn't a separate hitbox for those guns.

Trying to balance play-ability and realism I tweaked most of my ships so that they have separate 'Hull' strengths and 'Structure' strengths. Aside for truly catastrophic hits (like magazine explosions) a little research showed that it's pretty hard to sink a world war II ship with gunfire.  Essentially, by making structural components easy to damage, but hull components highly resistant to damage I've made it so you can have the Bismark survive 300+ shell hits, with all of it's superstructure destroyed and gun turrets knocked out... and still need a torpedo or bomb attack to actually sink it.

Like was historically the case.

vpmedia

• Modder
  • www.vpmedia.hu/il2
    • VPMEDIA SKINS
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2015, 12:18:25 AM »

Mick

• Modder
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2015, 01:28:09 AM »

Many THX, Istvan, I love your ships repaints (and plane too, of course ...!) !  :P

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2015, 12:35:09 PM »

Thank you very much Istvan !
Very nice !

If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

cgagan

• SAS Team
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2015, 01:58:13 PM »

Many thanks Istvan,  8)

PA_Willy

Docholiday

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2015, 02:47:47 AM »

THX a lot !!!!

Cheers

Doc

Repetier_71

• Modder
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2015, 05:56:48 AM »

As always from Sir Vpmedia, a true lace masterpiece  ;)
With thanks

flapper1

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2015, 06:58:10 AM »

Hi and many thanks vpmedia for this wonderful addition. I am running CUP and have added your ships pack to the SAS folder as per instructions, all ships show up beautifully in World at War module  but not in the Jet Age module. Before I begin adding the files will this work for Jet Age?

flapper1

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2015, 11:34:17 AM »

All appear to work as advertised in CUP. I placed them into WAW folder and JTW folder as a JTW campaign required one of your ships to work.  Once again many thanks. Going to get the Tribal Class Destroyers now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 27 queries.