Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Ju 88G-6 Nightfighter - v1.4 - final release  (Read 117252 times)

redfox

• Modder
Re: Ju 88G-6 Nightfighter v1.0
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2012, 02:06:40 AM »

Beautiful - Thank You.

Cheers - Redfox

r4xm

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2012, 02:11:33 AM »

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I love this plane... :-* 8)

Piotrek1

• SAS IL BYTES BACK
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2012, 03:54:04 AM »

Great job sputnikshock. Thank you very much.

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 04:43:07 AM »

I'm already in love with this bird, tanks

A1_Phoenix

• Modder
  • Un maiale deve volare
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 05:11:15 AM »

Can't wait to try this marvel!  :P thanks!

101tfs

• Modder
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 05:40:46 AM »

Good job, and I make a new nose for this beauty

https://www.mediafire.com/?eoxuk42rj9ek6u3

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 09:32:28 AM »

About the tracer, the Ju88G-1 captured by the british (4R+UR landed at Woodbridge) was loaded with nighr tracer, some line from the report:

The belted loading-order of these guns was: one Armour-Piercing/Incendiary, two H.E./Incendiary-
Tracer, and two Incendiary/Tracer (night-trace or "glimmer"). A Zeiss Revi 16.D gun-sight is used in
conjunction with the forward-firing armament. Externally, this gun-sight differs in two main
essentials from the Zeiss Revi C.12/D, which has hitherto been found in German fighters, these are (1)
the control for elevating the sighting screen has been modified, (2) the coloured anti-glare shield has
been removed. If further examination discloses any changes in the sighting mechanism, a full report
will be issued to the departments concerned.

The rearward firing armament consists of a single Rheinmetall-Borsig MG 131 of 13-mm. calibre in a
manually operate dorsal ring. 235 rounds were carried for this gun in a tank designed for 500, the
belted loading order being: one A.P./Tracer (night trace) and one H.E./Incendiary (night trace).

As far as I know the guns in the pack point downward 5 degree or so

EDIT
not the best image:

Snailsaviour

• Better late, than never...
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 09:39:25 AM »

Ohh WOW!! thank you so much sputnikshock!
Never enough night fighters!

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »

Good job, and I make a new nose for this beauty

@101tfs:

A few things.

The fact that IL-2 modding is open and everyone can build on everyone else's work is a great benefit to the community and brought us to where we are now on SAS. I am totally in favour of an open approach.
However, with significantly changing the appearance of a mod as fresh, young and alive as this one, I wouldn't have minded a PM in the first place. Not that I would have said no or that you would technically have to ask permission or something, of course not! - but I think posting it out of the blue with a one-line comment is just bad style.

Angry mode off.

Thanks for showing interest in this project and trying to help make it a better plane. This is appreciated.
You should check your msh files though, there's something weird going on with your shadow models or LODs (vertex chaos).

Concerning the nose you made, I double checked with my 3-view material again, and I think it's too pointy and the upper profile curve is rising to steeply towards the canopy frame. Sorry, no improvement there IMHO.

Now also I see that you cleaned the canopy geometry a lot. I think this is good. Might need a bit more relief still. I would like to use it as a starting point for an improved canopy for the next version if you approve.

@Oberst:
Interesting. I will make more loadouts for the next version (rather sooner than later) and will certainly include tracer ammo as an option.
I have to admit I wasn't aware of the -5deg or so alignment of the 151s. Makes sense, more clearance with the nose, and since intercepting bombers at night is preferrably done with a speed close to the target's speed, you'd be rather slow for a ship like this, therefore I assume the negative rotation would go along well with the plane's nose up attitude at this speed. Will see if it's practical to take this into account for the next version. But it doesn't make life easier modding-wise I can already tell you... ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for your research. Could you confirm the number of rounds carried per gun in the pod? The numbers I have might be off.

sputnikshock

Phas3e

• Skinner
  • Skinner
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »

For the life of me I cant figure out whats wrong, I disable all mods and make sure DBW 1.71 is running fine.
I put the Ju-88G-6 folder into my #DBW, add the 3 bits of text to the 3 text files, start the game and it crashes at 60%

which I know is sposed to be an air.ini issue when searching for a mod that isnt there, but i havnt changed anything :S
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups - George Carlin

sputnikshock

• Modder
  • exclusively IFR
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »

I get a 70% crash :(

and it crashes at 60%

Wait a sec. 60 or 70%. Did it change?
Did you try reverting to your pre-G-6 inis, and then only add the air.ini entry and don't add anything to weapons and planes properties?
Also, it's a bit tricky with a C-6 and a G-6 now in the inis. Be careful with these. I learned this the hard way while testing  ;D

ggrewe

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

What a beauty – thanks so much for creating this much wanted classic nigh-fighter.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 26   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 27 queries.