Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: redko's PTO repaints  (Read 27655 times)

larsen

Re: redko's PTO repaints
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 11:15:48 AM »

Very very nice work! Many thanks for your efforts.

Regarding Bir Hakeim, i do not think there were fortifications such like walls, towers etc. Bir Hakeim was just a water source surrounded by large fieds of mines and most of the facilities had been buried by the French. The few pictures of the battle show just desert!

redko

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 12:47:11 PM »

Very very nice work! Many thanks for your efforts.

Regarding Bir Hakeim, i do not think there were fortifications such like walls, towers etc. Bir Hakeim was just a water source surrounded by large fieds of mines and most of the facilities had been buried by the French. The few pictures of the battle show just desert!

Actually the map is from  JV69_BADA, i'm just retxturing it as it was made with default desert textures. Objects are the result of his historical researches, thanks to him

The battle of Bir Hakeim occured on a triangular shaped sector of the Lybian desert, 60 km from the coast. There was a fort in the south angle of this french defensive triangle:

http://www.ina.fr/histoire-et-conflits/seconde-guerre-mondiale/video/AFE85000953/prise-de-bir-hakeim-et-de-tobrouk.fr.html  (bad quality video) (sorry the video is so bad, the fort appears in the beginning)

More here

la bataille du désert partie 1  I have this doc in dvd but i don't remember exactly here in daily in which chapter (1 to 5) you can see the fort  ::)

larsen

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:58 PM »

Yes you are right, there was a fort in the south part of the stongpoint but i read it was rather a kind of ruin and it was not closed since it had only three sides.

Some more pictures here (at 2:45) taken one year later : http://www.ina.fr/histoire-et-conflits/seconde-guerre-mondiale/video/AFE00002928/bir-hakeim-un-an-apres.fr.html

Anyway this is just detail.

redko

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 08:00:13 AM »

Hi people. I'm about finishing this. Here are some new pics of the rocky parts of the map. I still have some free texture slots on load.ini so things still can change before the final release.

Hell is gonna be unleash soon over Lybia's sands  ;D
I hope you will like this  ;)

agracier

• Modder
    • The Great War in a Different Light
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 08:09:31 AM »

Yes, looks very good indeed. I've been mucking around with an Iraq map and I really need some inspiration on desert fields and how to get some variety into a desert without going overboard ...

redko

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 08:29:45 AM »

Yes, looks very good indeed. I've been mucking around with an Iraq map and I really need some inspiration on desert fields and how to get some variety into a desert without going overboard ...

Ohh after seeing your spanish maps i can tell you'll find you inspiration  ;). I noticed that the best google earth places to get good quality textures for desert are those appearing as over exposed band of land. There the textures are resampled until 1.4Km, but as over exposed it need a lot of photoshop work to make them useful for il2.

redko

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 08:40:18 AM »

About Tobrouk

Anti aircraft in action

The city

Triad773

• Triad's website
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »

Redko you are doing to Afrika what you did to parts of the Pacific:

remaking the IL-2 experience 8)

Thanks for your work and talent :)

redko

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 11:40:37 AM »

Redko you are doing to Afrika what you did to parts of the Pacific:

Yep, at least for this one ;). If i have a little time i make a quick repaint with the same textures for stock Desert_Online map as there seems to be still people playing it, in dgen campains specially.

With viking's maps (and a new repaint of Colorado Canyon Viking is preparing) and the new repaints of Maraz's map by GilB57 we will have in the same time some new nice desert theaters...lot of fun in perspective.  :)

redko

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »

Can't wait-starting to collect desert LW skins for the event ; ) Thank You Redko-always loved Your maps !

Ok thanks. Btw i'm playing a campain made by Phil_K using p40 (SharkSquadron) over Lybia, there is some P40 desert skins but i don't find them really nice.

If you find some nice desert skins for p40 please make a sign. Million thanks  :)

redko

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »

@ Agracier : please think of going to bed from time to time mate ... ::)

The legend says he dreams making maps too...........
I have my own sources and i confirm that !
 ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.