Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AI in DBW?  (Read 6467 times)

sa_475th_Chaney

Re: AI in DBW?
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 06:14:03 AM »

So being gone for a long time, I came back to IL2. Got the offical patches, UP3, and DBW installed.

Now, I am looking at my JSGME and I see my #DBW mods that I have enabled. I do not see one that has an AI mod though. Is it built in to DBW?

I was asking because I read somewhere that gunners in bombers were basically snipers with stock game AI, and I totally agree. Now playing a few missions in DBW I dont see a big difference. Still getting head shotted a mile away.

Anyway, I play only offline, and would love some advice (or links) as to what mods are must haves for DBW. Thanks in advance, and I hope I made sense.

Yep, in DBW1.7 there is an extensive AI mod included. Full details are available here:
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,23327.0.html

So funny Anto because I just made a post about the very same thing and no one ever answered the guy's question and that was "Is the AI mod built into DBW" ? Like I said in my post, 1.7 had me delete the AI mod. At the time I had 2 sitting in my folder and one of them inactivated. Kinda confusing that now I finally see this AI mod link that I never seen before. Wish sometimes that you DBW gods were more specific. hehe. Love you all. Swell job with DBW tho. Cheers.

lokitexas

Re: AI in DBW?
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »

So I guess using DBW means not putting anything into the MODS folder, just the #DBW one? If so thats what I have been doing :).

In DBW there is no mods folder anymore, there's the #DBW folder now.
Inside this #DBW you have the \MapMods\maps folder, there goes the maps you want to add
and the \MapMods\maps\_Tex folder, there goes the maps textures.

One important advice when having a mod NOT made for use with JSGME is:
NEVER simply unzip them directly anywhere, unzip them in a empty folder and look what you have! AND: make BACKUPs before overwriting anything unless being sure of what you're doing.

So Flushy maps comes with \Flushys map repaint and \Flushys airfield textures folders.
In \Flushys map repaint you have the folder \maps and inside 6 folders: _tex, berlin etc.. They goes into your #DBW\MapMods\maps directory, copy/paste them there with overwriting the _Tex folder. The \Flushys airfield textures folder goes with all content diretcly into your #DBW folder.

Birdmans highres textures Pack comes with zip files Highres_textures1.7z and ..2.7z.
When unpacking them you get this folders depth: \Highres textures\maps\_Tex with 11 folders inside: 3BG_KTO, 352nd_Cross_Channel, ..., Zapolar. This 11 folders goes into your  #DBW\MapMods\maps\_Texs directory.

Thats it.  ;)

Thanks. Much more clear now. I did exactally what you said above with the mapmods.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 23 queries.