Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: SAS Engine Mod v2.6RC Final  (Read 197875 times)

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
Re: SAS AI, Engines, Hotkeys & Carriers Mod v2.5 Public Release
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:08 PM »

Looks like you haven't followed the instructions of the JetWar v1.2 install and have forgot to remove some aircraft that are no longer in the pack.

If this reoccurs, its possible you are trying to run a mission that still has these aircraft/objects in them. If you remove them from the missions and you still have problems, please let me know.

But this is not related to the AI mod at all.

Alex T.

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2012, 02:22:43 AM »

Looks like you haven't followed the instructions of the JetWar v1.2 install and have forgot to remove some aircraft that are no longer in the pack.

If this reoccurs, its possible you are trying to run a mission that still has these aircraft/objects in them. If you remove them from the missions and you still have problems, please let me know.

But this is not related to the AI mod at all.

Sorry Anto, which aircraft/object you refer to?

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:39 AM »

You need to remove the MiG-17AS, F-86F-30 and MiG-15bislate from your air.ini (as described in JetWar v1.2 readme). If this doesn't work, please tell me the EXACT scenario (including QMB vs FMB, mission you are using etc) in which this occurs.

Alex T.

« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2012, 04:02:14 PM »

Ok, I looked and those are not in my air.ini

I have Modact 3.06 with a fresh Jet era 1.2 installation (where everything works flawlessly)

No matter if QMB or FMB, whenever I go down for landing on an aircraft carrier with a propeller plane, the game will freeze as soon as the arrestor hook will touch one of the cables. It works as usual with the Fury jet, I can land it normally and the hook engages the cable as usual.

I have been experimenting more and when I land at very slow speed with the hook up, then as I'm flaring over the deck I lower the hook, it seem not to freeze, but the arrestor hook will sink into the bridge and won't engage the cables at all, like they're not there or the hook is just visible but not there.

It's a very odd one, the only thing I can think of is restarting with a fresh installation and seeing if it does it again  :'(

mojojojo

• the only guy who uses the wildcat in multiplayer
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »

re-download (v2.5 or later), or download the catapult fix (i know that the catapult isnt the problem, but cable issues are also fixed in it.
i7 4790K quad core 4.4GHz/8GB DDR3-1600/ASUS Z87-A/ EVGA GTX 970 4GB/128GB A-Data SSD+1TB HDD/EVGA 650w 80+ gold PSU/ NZXT Source 530 gaming case

Alex T.

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »

where's the catapult fix? I'll try and re-download the 2.5 in the meantime

SAS~Anto

• Aussie Bush Pilot
  • Editor
  • Retired from modding
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2012, 02:06:49 AM »

The catapult fix IS in v2.5 ;)

Thanks for clarifying Alex. To be honest, I am a bit stupified as to what is causing the error.

Alex T.

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2012, 03:33:14 AM »

I know, it's completely random.

I have thought of possible reasons for it, but then again mine is complete guesswork as I am no technical expert, I mean, I understand how mods work and how to install them, but if you ask me to look into the mod code, then I have no idea!

By applying simple logic, I came to the following thinking.
What happens when the arrestor cable touches the deck? there are sparks for friction (which now I don't see) and there's the contact with the deck surface/cable. Something causes the game to freeze when the hook hits the cable, but it's ONLY for propeller planes, jets don't have this issue!
What I can do is installing the Panther and/or other jets with arrestor cable and see if it works or not.
My conclusion is that there's something with friction that doesn't work properly, which isn't present on jets (I dunno if this is normal or not, but for instance when I start a plane from parked position, there's always a moment when the plane seems to come off a step, and the wheels don't start spinning straight away).

Username333

« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2012, 11:41:22 AM »

I get a runtime error on the mission loading screen at 100%. I dunno why, I tried removing mods, but it still refuses to work. The airplane or the conditions does not matter at all.

western0221

• Modder
  • Live in Japan
    • IL-2 itaki blog
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2012, 12:17:31 PM »

I get a runtime error on the mission loading screen at 100%. I dunno why, I tried removing mods, but it still refuses to work. The airplane or the conditions does not matter at all.
Perhaps is your aircraft F-8Crusader?

Username333

« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »

I can't even fly the Crusader, and like I said, any aircraft it crashes. Thanks for trying to help but my game seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes.

Dornil

« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:57 AM »

Is it possible to install the AI mod alone into 4.09?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 40   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.