Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: F-4 Phantom II's released v1.31 for Jetwar1.2 (17/10/2012)  (Read 279262 times)

brettt777

Re: F-4E Phantom II released v1.1
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2012, 03:31:49 PM »

Okay here's where I'm at... I have 4.101 with Modact 3.06 and the latest buttons. I have UP3 installed and it was operational. I have DBW installed up to 1.71, and it appears operational; it loads and I can get in a plane and fly. It shows the DBW splash screen and version 1.71. I have the latest version of the F-4E installed; 00_F-4E directory in #DBW and the appropriate entries made in air.ini and the plane.ru. It loads okay since I reinstalled the plane and updated the air.ini, etc. But I don't see the F-4E in the planes list at all. In the JSGME I have about a dozen DBW mods, 11 SAS mods and 4 UP mods. I had only the DBW wide screen mod enabled. What else should be enabled. Mojojo, you said to enable the UP mod and I tried that, but then the selector never gave me a DBW selection, only UP. So I am really confused about what should be enabled and what shouldn't be. I'm just tryin to get this F-4 to work. I WANT MY PHANTOM!!!  :'(

Okay, I don't know what I did but now all of a sudden, I start it with only DBW wide screen activated and it starts okay and the Phantom is there. However, I can't get the jet to start. Normaly I just use the "I" key, or P8 on my G940, but nothing happens. Since I have upgraded, I have noticed a few buttons that are like this such as the different view keys, F1-F4. I have  SAS buttons version 9.5.7. Is there a newer version I should have, or would there be some other reason I have functions that don't work?

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »

brett, gimmie 5-10mins and I should have an answer, just updating to DBW1.7+ F4 1.1. As long as I didnt stuff my install I'll have something for you soon.

brettt777

« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2012, 03:49:18 PM »

brett, gimmie 5-10mins and I should have an answer, just updating to DBW1.7+ F4 1.1. As long as I didnt stuff my install I'll have something for you soon.

Much appreciated but read my latest post. Somehow (Dunno what I did) I have a Phantom; I just can't get the darn thing started. I am almost there, but not quite...

Herra Tohtori

• Modder
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »

Shot in the dark but do you have Separate Engine Start enabled in difficulty settings?

If so, you need to select and start both engines individually like with all multi-engined aircraft...

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

ooooh right, derp on my part.

Make sure you have keys assigned to Engine 1/2 and also ALL Engines. You need to start both engines seperately then switch control to both so your not just throttling up one.

brettt777

« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45:44 PM »

Okay, thanks to Herra and Dark Apostle I got the thing started. Then after I got the throttles and brakes set up correctly, I could actualy get it moving down the runway. Two thing though..... for some reason I can't get it to lift off, and my HUD info on the lower left shows heading and nothing else, even if I cycle it. Since the airspeed indicator apparently doesn't work yet, I would really like to have airspeed and altitude visible somewhere. I know there is some easy fix to it but I don't remember what it is. As for trying to get it off the ground, I am at full throttle almost at the end of the runway so I know there is enough airspeed. But no matter how much up trim I give it and how much I pull back on the stick, the nose just barely raises but never actualy comes off the ground. So what's the trick there? I have certainly flown jets before but I have never had this problem.

noobplayer

« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »

Okay, thanks to Herra and Dark Apostle I got the thing started. Then after I got the throttles and brakes set up correctly, I could actualy get it moving down the runway. Two thing though..... for some reason I can't get it to lift off, and my HUD info on the lower left shows heading and nothing else, even if I cycle it. Since the airspeed indicator apparently doesn't work yet, I would really like to have airspeed and altitude visible somewhere. I know there is some easy fix to it but I don't remember what it is. As for trying to get it off the ground, I am at full throttle almost at the end of the runway so I know there is enough airspeed. But no matter how much up trim I give it and how much I pull back on the stick, the nose just barely raises but never actualy comes off the ground. So what's the trick there? I have certainly flown jets before but I have never had this problem.

what about your flaps?? are they set??

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

That'd be the airbrakes still deployed. after your engines start up, press your keybind for airbrakes to undeploy them.

S3231541

• s3231541
  • SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2012, 07:37:31 PM »

There are other people already have this problem, I thought that you could just read a few previous post for a solution.

Do you guy think I should make "How to take off an F-4" instruction? I'll put it in the next release. Also, it would be great if some-one could write it up :D

What do you guys think of the new FM?

Thanks,

s3231541

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »

It feels like the whole plane is balanced on the tip of a pin. VERY sensitive to trim input and seems kinda unstable.
But it does turn pretty well when using elevator trim in conjunction with stick-until the pilot blacks out!

This thin is so fast. Were going to need bigger maps!

Dark Apostle

• SAS Honourable Member
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2012, 08:06:39 PM »

Able to turn a bit faster, but yeah control responses are still twitchy in regards to minor input. All in all though an excellent improvement.

brettt777

« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2012, 09:07:19 PM »

what about your flaps?? are they set??

Yeah I think that's what it might be. I was just flying a Sabre and I had a similar issue. I could take off but never get above 250 kias. Airbrakes were on. I don't know why they would be on at start up.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 81   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 20 queries.