Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thinking about the CloD 27th of January Update:  (Read 2258 times)

dietz

• Supporter
  • " Keep watching the skies...."
    • Art of James Dietz
Thinking about the CloD 27th of January Update:
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:28:15 AM »

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=29368
First let me say I play CloD frequently & like it despite its many flaws;slow FPS ( glacial during dust & explosions) features that don't work (  RT, arms loading,) missing planes & features we were promised an a very basic "game" ( two short campaigns, and a basic selection of missions...) and I enjoy it,I see something new I hadn't noticed continually ,something that shows me something of the depth the creators were aiming at;so keep this in mind when reading my comments ok?
  Much is said about players comparing Il-2 to the new sim,and how its a little like comparing apples to oranges & that its only that IL-2 set such a high mark that it is now so difficult inspite of much effort to match.I bought Il-2 when it first came out & remember that it too had a birthing process with quite a few patches & add-ons ( some small some big,) requiring me to upgrade my PC at least twice,frustrating expansions ( Pacific Fighters was,in  my opinion very weak...) Sounds ( they were also very weak) and bad FMS( FW-190 Whinners ...remember?)It was not perfect but it did deliver the goods,unlike CloD which almost does , but doesn't yet.
  I think it really wasn't until third parties broke the code ( what 3-4 years ago,) that Il-2 really did fufill its promiseand guys here at SAS & over at AAS worked tirelessly to make that happen.It was really amazing what they gave us over that time working on the base game- new palnes , ships ,cockpits ,FMs,Maps, AI -it boggles the mind! there have been missteps & some mods are not up to the same high standards but by in large 3rd party people have been the driving force that really fullfilled Il-2s potential.Luthier gave you guys here & elsewhere the foundation & structure but you did the finish work.
  So here we are with Ubisoft planning a ( welcome by me) add on ,BUT the CloD is still not all here ( god please give me higher FPS without me having to buy a new graphic card!!!! Please!!!!)  What are we to make of this...Me- maybe they should immediately open this up to 3rd party modders - that solution has a proven track record!
 I am delighted with DBW & UP3.0 etc - wouldn't it be great if such leaps of improvement to a sim could happen to clod?
"The stuff that dreams are made from..."

Murph

Re: Thinking about the CloD 27th of January Update:
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:10:17 AM »

Jim, I agree, but looking over the thread, I'm a bit puzzled that people are condemned for complaining that they did not get what they paid for?
I enjoy flying around in my Hurricane, but I'd be a lot happier if it ran even half as well as Il2 does. This sim would be just fantastic if they ever got things fixed to even a pretty basic level.
I bought the sim at a steep discount- I don't know how I would feel if I had paid full price for it.

CWMV

• Kalashnikov connoisseur
  • Modder
  • A free people ought to be armed and disciplined.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »

The sim is broken, period.
I really tried to like it, but its just lacking in sooooooooooooooo much.
I will say this though it is a very well polished turd. Very pretty.
And that's the only thing going for it.

Then the "update". Ill give Black6 credit for doing his job and acting as a go between for the community to Luthier, so don't get me wrong I'm not trying to shoot the messenger.
But the information flow is just crap.
How many months now since the memory leak patch was released without a fix? And the only thing we get is "were working on a sequel in which it will all be better!"
(How long after the release of 4.11, which also had a memory leak, did it take for TD to release a fix? less than 12 hours?)
Well that does exactly jack for those of you that still enjoy this air-quake only POS.

As for me, Ill be flying the dark blue skies in DBW.

No5_Studly

• DoWoZ
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »

Hey Chaps i have been playing it and yes it dose need fixing but at the same time it has a lot of potential. The one act that now has me fuming is that a add on for the game is now being developed Before this Sim is completed and now they have the ordasity to flog a Add On To a incomplete game

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:16:13 PM »

Yes I recall someone fairly recently telling me that CoD is the future...and it may be. but its not even remotely close to being the present! :D

badderger

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:25 PM »

Cant get CLOD to work so I'm beat. The game loads and runs to the missions playing behind the splash screen. I can throttle, shoot, steer, hear all sound effects...but cant get past the splash screen. Tried all remedies posted on forums to no avail. Probably doesnt matter anyway---if I did get it to work I would probably have a slow FPS...like trying to run with CLOD hoppers...heh---not r-e-a-l-l-y funny...
Incidentally, I was beat on Rise of Flight also...an unplayable frame rate...

SO WHY NOT THIS!?!?!!>>>...why cant the designers of these "big games" have a "moderate computer version"? Why not? I BET SALES WOULD BOOM! And I'm not talking about lowering the graphic settings all the way and still having a game that doesnt work. I'm talking about tweeking down all those excess textures, eye-candy, and what-not that causes us mid-range computer owners to get left in the dust...as an option. It cant be all that hard to do? Theres a big,big market for mid-range computer owners and no one wants to fear getting beat...again...

Know what I mean? Big version...little version...option...try the big version first. If it doesnt work, you can always fall back on the little version. AND NO ONE GETS BEAT!

CWMV

• Modder
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:33 PM »

Or just a version that works on any PC! Mines a strong one, gets good fps, but what's the point.

Ass Eagle

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 11:26:03 PM »

I bought my CLoD on CD for $45 american dollars. I managed to tweek the config ini to run anywhere from 7- 60fps. yay! lol!
I'm very dissapointed with the amount of 'bugs'. But I will patiently wait for next patch.

If my IL-2 4.11 only had some 'real grass' & pilots like in CLoD...... :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 22 queries.