Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello to all and a little question about UP3.0RC4 and DBW  (Read 2443 times)

Chuno

Hello to all and a little question about UP3.0RC4 and DBW
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

Hello to all!

First i am going to introduce myself, i'm Chuno from Argentina!

i'm very new to the IL-2 MOD world, but i have been flying a lot in the stock game.

I mostly play offline, and a few tiem online with a friends, so I decided use the DBW mod.

So, i install my steam version of the game, patched to 4.10.1, downloaded the Steam Patch from this forum, then I tested the game, so far so good!

Then, I installed UP3.0 + RC4 hotfix, enabled the UP3.0 mod via Generic Mod Enabler, and tested the game, it works perfect.

After that, I installed DBW 1.1 build, just like the instructions said, in the generic mod enabler i put the AIMOD, Forgotten Countries Full, FX small collection and MisionPro and the UP3.0 MOD was un enabled (sorry about this word, but i'm not very good whit the english), in the selector i put DBW and 768 Mb of ram usage, I run the usual test, and works perfect!!!

Then, unenabled all the DBW mods, and enabled the UP3.0 mod, in the selector I put Ultrapack3.0 and did my test, the game CTD at 5%.

I put the DBW mods again, select DBW in the selector, and the game start perfect again!

Reading, and reading the forum (it's has a lot of info) i get confused, this 5% CTD is normal (having the UP3.0 MOD enabled and UP3.0 selector setting for the UP)??? or I messed up, and I lost a SFS file??

Bt the way, i'm using the IL-2 Selector 3.06 v1.5.2

I hope this question didn`t bother anyone here,

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards

Chuno

PS: i apologize again for my bad english.

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
Re: Hello to all and a little question about UP3.0RC4 and DBW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:42:57 AM »

hi Chuno, and welcome to SAS
your english is just fine - the correct word is disabled, not unenabled, but other than that, perfect! :D
5% ctd is indeed a missing or corrupted SFS file. as it works for DBW, i guess it is likely you are missing an SFS file needed for UP3.
best option is to post at UP site - they will be able to help to determine which file/s are missing.
it seems as if you are doing everything else correctly, so this is the only thing i can think of -if anyone else has a better idea, please mention it here...

regards
Malone
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »

Sometimes happen an error with JSGME, compare your files.sfs in the root folder (IL-2 Sturmovik 1946) and the files.sfs in jsgmemods\#UP#_Enable_UP3.0.
If the files are different your JSGME did somethng wrong when you enabled UP3.

My files.sfs in #UP#_Enable_UP3.0 is:

29/07/2011
40.302.823 byte

Chuno

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:04:59 AM »

Thanks Malone and OberstDanjeje for your replies...

I compared the files.sfs in both folders (root folder and jsgmemods folder) and I find this:

files.sfs in root folder: 27.858 Kb
files.sfs in jsgmemods\#UP#_Enable_UP3.0: 39.359 Kb

According to what OberstDanjeje said, both files shoul be the same size, right??

Can I copy and paste one, to make both of the same siza?? if I can, which one should I copy and paste???

Thanks again!!

Regards.

Chuno

OberstDanjeje

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »

That in the #UP#_Enable_UP3.0 it's the correct one, try with that, but don't delete the one in your root folder, just in case....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 28 queries.