Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rogožarski IK-3 - v3  (Read 56065 times)

texaco

Re: Rogožarski IK-3 - v2
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2015, 01:21:59 PM »

Thank you!

Griffon_301

• SAS Team
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2015, 01:43:10 PM »

works nicely in 4.12 CUP using the 4.10 classfiles

Fresco23

• Part-Time Skinner
  • Modder
  • F.A.C. #23
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »

Definitely count me and my brothers as fans we fly this beautiful plane once in a while. Very nice cockpit work!
cogito, ergo sum armatus

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2021, 08:39:19 PM »

I just installed this into my 4.12.2 modact 5.3 game. Lovely! Previously I've been enduring the Hurri 'pit frankenthing.

After the first couple of test flights, I naturally got down to fixing the more bothersome elements. ;)

- The rear ring sight has been raised a bit so as to better align with the front post bead and the bullet stream.

- The CAMERAAIM (SHF-F1) position has been aligned accordingly.

Now you can rely on the sight!

- The front glass pane has been separated from the sidelights and treated differently. It no longer produces specular glare from the Sun. This is because such a tilted pane could only produce such glare if the floor of the plane was transparent!

- All glass uses a different texture, and the surface normals for all vertices have been reversed so as to emphasize the greater efficiency of forward scattering by schmutz.

- The compass disk has been lowered by 1cm, to improve readability through the gauge's window.

- For 4.12 players using head tracking gear, I've added to the 4.10 cockpit class the 6DoF control code, increasing notably the range of head movement in the forward and up/down directions.

Remaining to tackle... The annoying spasm the waypoint indicator ring on the compass goes through when the azimuth to the waypoint passes through 270 degrees. This is a longstanding and perennial problem for many compass-related gauges, due to the code employed for them in numerous cockpit classes. Others use a different calculation to avoid this; which is what I want to employ here.

Quickly looking over the damage code in the plane class, I see a suspicious-looking issue with the oil damage, which I'll scrutinize more closely. And the rest, too.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2021, 01:11:13 AM »

So, there was no hook assigned for oil smoke, even though oil damage is incurred. I added a hook for this smoke. And in the HitBone method in IK-3xyz.class I added a chance of oil damage when the water radiator is hit. Just as is done for the P-51. And considering the large cooler slung below this crate, such an approach seems eminently sensible.

Now I get the whole panoply of damage effects. And I take down the IK-3 with no great expenditure of ammo. For instance, armed with one each of a .50 and a .30, a burst of effectively a couple or 3 seconds often suffices. With a pair of .30s it often takes no more than about 5-6 seconds.

I'll soon release this stuff for your delectation...
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. - Hyman Rickover (but probably predating his use.)

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2021, 05:43:43 PM »

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
Re: Rogožarski IK-3 - v3
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2021, 05:14:46 AM »

Version 3
by WxTech

Read the f*** readme fixes !

See first post for link !
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

andrey65

« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2021, 05:59:09 AM »

I have BAT 4.1.1. But Ik-3 flies only with a Hurri cockpit. FM does not change. Fixes doesn't help.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2021, 06:05:03 AM »

I have BAT 4.1.1. But Ik-3 flies only with a Hurri cockpit. FM does not change. Fixes doesn't help.

Did you install this thread's mod for the plane? It was extracted from 4.13. BAT's version is the old Franken thing. This one will replace the Franken thing. Once you install this main mod, then apply the small number of files in my fix to update it.

WxTech

• Modder
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2021, 06:06:15 AM »

Version 3
by WxTech

Read the f*** readme fixes !

See first post for link !

Gabriel,
Thanks for jumping on this right away!

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2021, 09:23:41 AM »

Here you are in the world of Rebels and Privateers!  ;)
For the Imperialists, see elsewhere!
https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,65675.0.html
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

Vampire_pilot

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »

BAT contains a different (and probably older) version of this plane.
I'll put it on my review list.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 28 queries.