Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The BUTTONS file demystefied  (Read 51168 times)

SAS~CirX

• R.I.P.
  • SAS Honourable Member
  • No Zips, Only Buttons
Re: The BUTTONS file demystefied
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 08:13:10 AM »

cool :) my father in law is also an ex-tanker. good guys.

Teseren

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 02:03:51 PM »

tell your friend he is a douchbag, and next time, isntead of wallowing in self pity, pop over SAS, the best IL2 site in the world, and check around or ask someone who does not look hungry.

Thanks for the help and link, work and such mean visits are intermittant for me. As to my friend, douchbag might be a bit strong, though I must admit he can sometimes give up easily.

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 06:45:25 PM »

.... I do plan to hopefully one day contribute to this site like make some skins, mods, etc. I'm still learning.  ;D One thing I will say and this has nothing to do with this. Why in God's name isn't there a damn p-51B or C skin of the 332nd pursuit squadron? That's just unacceptable. The Tuskegee Airmen deserve to be acknowledged. Once again thanks for your kind help sir, God bless and stay cool bro. Chaney...out!
I think you answered your own question in a ways... and were always learning here 8)
That and that by googling something like 'il-2 tuskegee skin'  :o will bring up enough sites and skins :) so you shouldn't blame SAS because they might not have what your looking for :-\

sa_475th_Chaney

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 10:14:06 PM »

.... I do plan to hopefully one day contribute to this site like make some skins, mods, etc. I'm still learning.  ;D One thing I will say and this has nothing to do with this. Why in God's name isn't there a damn p-51B or C skin of the 332nd pursuit squadron? That's just unacceptable. The Tuskegee Airmen deserve to be acknowledged. Once again thanks for your kind help sir, God bless and stay cool bro. Chaney...out!
I think you answered your own question in a ways... and were always learning here 8)
That and that by googling something like 'il-2 tuskegee skin'  :o will bring up enough sites and skins :) so you shouldn't blame SAS because they might not have what your looking for :-\

Awesome. I have a problem with thinking out loud. lol. I wasn't directing any animosity towards SAS. Hell SAS may be the closest thing to nirvana. Well you know what i mean. haha. I will look into this but I assumed that any skin had to come from here or be approved here to work with SAS buttons.

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »

in fact you really need good buttons for the skin to adhere nicely to the body leaving cold elements outside  :D

Sharkzz

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2011, 08:01:23 PM »

When I download a plane from SAS hangar. I can presume that they are included in the latest buttons ?
Most of the stuff I have downloaded work, but, there have been one or two that have given me grief.
I always make sure I place my latest buttons in the correct place.So it is not a buttons thing. When I have added the plane/ship etc, then addit to the air ini.  chief ship etc, It is the usual practice to copy/cut paste the info from the readme's,yes ? OK, now, um, how can I tell if these have the correct spacing in the file ? I look and see where I have pasted and sometimes what I have pasted doesn't match up with the rest of what is already there, So I tidy it up to get the new info "in line" with the other stuff there, is that a problem ? do these ini's need special spacing?
I know some need a space line between, or just  one or two spaces along the line of text.
As well as since I have new install the UP 2 doesn't have an STD folder, I downloaded the spare one but some text files were missing so I copied pasted from the game files folder, is that ok ? then I added the read me text to these.
I get the ol 60%CTD but I am dead sure I have copied pasted exactly as it can't be wrong because it is copy paste.
AND  :-X  should I do ONE at a time ? as I tend to do a group of the great mods from here.  I know it is probably best as in trial and error to one at a time. The graff zepplin is already in to choose but i also see it in the archie ship pack, should I remove the text for this ? ieZepplin ?

does the buttons cover ALL mods like ships vehicles ?
thanks
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Frankiek

• SAS Team
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2011, 01:59:04 PM »

Be aware that for some planes you will need DiffFM (https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,12169.0.html) in many case this is clearly stated in the readme.

The buttons is needed for only for planes and a few mods such as the jetman or the drivable Jeep 

Sharkzz

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2011, 05:49:48 PM »

Thanks Franks  :D apprciated
New Right Arm Amputee, One armed flyer and Longboard surfer, I now swim and paddle in circles .

Lo

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »

I have a question about the buttons file.

I am running HSFX5.0_for4.10. My version had Tigers flyby sounds functioning (using the SAS patches etc).

If I change to the latest .buttons file some flybys revert back to the standard type of flyby sound.

A lot still function as Tiger's (Hurricane, Jets etc) but amongst those lost are Beaufighter, Corsair, B-24, Zero etc.

Anyone know what may cause this and how it may be rectified? Ideally it would be good to have Tiger's great flyby sounds and an up to date .buttons working together.

~S~ Lo

Epervier

• 4.09 Guardian Angel !
  • SAS Team
  • I'm French and Rebel_409! Nobody is perfect!
    • Some tinkering here
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 11:11:47 AM »

I do not know if you use the real version of Tiger or an alternative version.
But the only "buttons" designed to work with the original version is the "buttons C6" for 409.
If your results do not live up to your expectations, tell yourself that the great oak was once an acorn too. - Lao Zi -

352nd_Hoss

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2014, 04:10:51 PM »

is there a filelist for the 10.5 buttons?  If so could I get it?.............. I'm wanting to compare it with the HSFX version. 

Thank you

Hoss

FL2070

• Modder
  • FAC #87
BUTTONS for 4.12.2m
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2014, 02:58:46 PM »

I notice that the file only contains BUTTONS for 4.10 and 4.11. How can I get them for 4.12.2m?
On average, the average average averages, averagely, the average average of all averages.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 29 queries.