Special Aircraft Service

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The BUTTONS file demystefied  (Read 51107 times)

jahsiu

Re: The BUTTONS file demystefied
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 04:11:40 AM »

Hi, I'm totally new to modding, but I'm way more interested in modding the flight models for my own use than 3d graphics.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME HOW TO ACCESS 'buttons' file?

There's lot of stuff to access i.e. sfs files. how obout .fmd

SAS~Malone

• flying as #46 with the FAC
  • Editor
  • proud member of that 'other' site
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 06:03:27 AM »

unfortunately, we won't show how to open the buttons file in this forum. if you figure it out yourself, great, but that info won't be made available in the forum because of the inherent dangers of letting anybody have access to it who might use it to stuff up the online game for everyone else....
.....taking fun seriously since 1968.....  8)

Reaper 3-1

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »

unfortunately, we won't show how to open the buttons file in this forum. if you figure it out yourself, great, but that info won't be made available in the forum because of the inherent dangers of letting anybody have access to it who might use it to stuff up the online game for everyone else....
I'm not one to start an arguement, but it's just a game, right?  :-\
And I have an idea~: How about the ones who want to learn about the buttons
file pm CirX, with proof that they won't cheat?  :)
I don't have any proof myself... expect that you will NEVER find me online..  ;)

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 01:24:28 AM »

you're right, it's just a game, but we have a responsibilty to the community to try and keep the online game fair.
i'm with you - i don't play online, ever.....
of course, you're welcome to try the PM route  ;)
but then again, there's absolutely no real necessity for anyone to actually delve inside the buttons file, unless they're wanting to change plane FM's, and such....and even then, just being able to look inside the buttons won't be enough, you'll stuff have to learn some java stuff to edit anything...
it's just not necessary. for example, even though i can do it, there has just been absolutely NO REASON for me to ever go and look inside it....

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 10:53:43 AM »

Thanks for the topic Malone, et al!!; by the way, I've just got Buttons 5.3 to try and install the Shoki, but they don't appear to have the Ki-44-II-Ko listed in the A/C included scroll box (in your earlier post), what buttons version might include the Firey spirited culler of demons FM?

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:13:56 AM »

5.3? are you sure you don't mean 7.3?  ???

razor1uk

• Tamago no Chie
  • Modder
  • Naturally common sence is always ignored...
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »

Quite possibly, I've been swamped in info trying to get the bottom of correct folder structure (currently online at AAS about that http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=28662&p=338382#p338382 ) and realised the scroll box didn't have Shoki in it too. Thanks for the quick reply Malone, your a sensai (knowledge and posting wise) Any ideas as to which button version release might have the Shoki.
Oh this is my fist 'new(b) plane install, so please bear with me Thanks, Kittos, Danke, Arigatto, Tag etc....

P.S. Like the Rouge Trooper avatar Malone; and I've got about 18 mins of battery left on my laptop (my currently only working PC). I might have to follow up the post(s) tommorrow.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ok thanks Malone will do (hence reply via post edit).
---------------------------------------------------------------
07/10/10@13.19GMT Thanks Malone & Bulua for your help, I can now fly the Demon Queller (Culler of Demons)!!! :D I inadvetently DL'ed the 5.3 or 5.8 Buttons pack located on a topics 1st or 2nd post. But all advice was correctly followed and voila ;P
...What next to install?...

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 12:12:12 PM »

thx, man - just make sure you have our latest buttons installed. it definitely has the FMs for the 3 Ki44 variants included. 
if you're still stuck, just make a post about it in Tech help section, we don't want to clutter up the tutorial section too much.  ;)

78thFG_Bulau

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 12:44:48 PM »

...I've just got Buttons 5.3 to try and install the Shoki, but they don't appear to have the Ki-44-II-Ko listed in the A/C included scroll box...
Hi, razor! Just a quick note of clarification...
The list of aircraft in the scroll boxes comes from your air.ini file, not the buttons. Buttons files can (and do) contain many more aircraft FMs than what are in your game or air.ini file. This is not a problem. A problem may occur if your air.ini file contains an aircraft that requires an FM that is NOT in the buttons file.

SAS~Malone

• Editor
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 01:13:53 PM »

thx Bulau, i might have misinterpreted what razor was saying there.... :D

78thFG_Bulau

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »

Actually, I think I misinterpreted...now I realize he was referring to the scrolling list in Cirx's old April 06 post about the 5.3 buttons...I should have read more closely. In any case, latest buttons are 7.3 and you say it has the Ki-44 that razor is looking for.

vanir

• my posts cause myxomatosis
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 09:11:52 PM »

wow, kinda blown away to see my Ta-152C-0, C-1 and C-3 FM in your buttons. Worked hard on those, spoke with Dietmar Hermann, had documentation sent to me, was a hellova project.
Kinda rewarding actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 30 queries.